What Names Do You Give to Your Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Super Pet's name is Dobby... xd
Yeah, I like Harry Potter. :) ))

I either name them after members of my favorite bands (Joe, Paul, Mick (from The Clash)) or weird pet names, like Bubu and Winky.

I usually name mine Japanese names, since I do love anime. ^^; If I'm lazy, I'll just type in whatever random letters I feel like and see what pops up--I've gotten some, um, interesting names that way (off the top of my head: Geeba, Nela, Dannen...). I feel a little sorry for those poor Tamas.

I don't reuse names, though. It takes away the sense of them being actual pets for me. The exception is my MGA, which I always call Hatch, without fail. That's mostly because of the nostalgia I have for it (I named it Hatch when I first received it as a child), so the name has stuck.

I usually name mine after foods such as: Candy, Cake, Cookie, Ravioli, (Ravi for short) and Cinnamonroll (Cinna for short)

Or my favorite animes like: Karin, Rin or Kenta, (Chibi Vampire)

Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew)

Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)

Kiba or Cheza (Wolf's Rain)

or Ritsuka (Loveless)

Since I see each Tama as having the collective memories of every Tama raised on that device I give a name to each device and every Tama on that device carries that name. My green V3 is always Grimlock, my zebra striped V3 is always Ludo and my clear pink V1 is always Fizzgig. But if the option for naming isn't there ( like with the P1/P2 and TamaGo ) I don't usually name them. They are simply Tama.

Since I see each Tama as having the collective memories of every Tama raised on that device I give a name to each device and every Tama on that device carries that name. My green V3 is always Grimlock, my zebra striped V3 is always Ludo and my clear pink V1 is always Fizzgig. But if the option for naming isn't there ( like with the P1/P2 and TamaGo ) I don't usually name them. They are simply Tama.
You worded it perfectly. I do the exact same thing. I tend to only name Tama devices that have the name giving option. There's something about punching in its name in the character fields that makes the names so much more official.

Right now, just my V4.5 has a set name: Topur (pronounced "tow-per"). I thought long and hard for that name, and for some reason, Topur is what fit its "personality."

My chocolate chip cookie V5 will most likely be named Cooky or Sugar. (I always wish the name could be longer than five characters.) I like to go along with the shell's theme if I can. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way you phrased that. Yes, actually punching in the name does make it seem more official. I'd like more than five letters too. My Tama Fizzgig's name is spelled out Fzgig on the Tama. But there may not be room on the screen for anything longer.

I usually name mine after stars or greek gods. no scratch that, i usually name them after personas from Persona3/4 :D

I used to just name them abcde or something stupid, but recently ive syarted to name them properly. At the moment my ID L is called ávie (pronounced: evie)

I usually give them names that I would use as usernames, such as Flare.

I don't really have a naming system. I might name them after a book or TV show character. Sometimes I name them after my friends. Most of the time, I give them the first name that comes to mind. For example, I currently have a 4.5 named Aasey. It used to be Casey after my friend, but it glitched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back