When you were younger, what stuff did you do to Tamas that you regret now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these stories made me laugh out loud... But anyways, here's my story.

When I was a lot younger, I got my very first Tama, a v4.5 when it first came out, and had NO IDEA what I was even doing. And I was really stupid for doing this, but the first time my Tamagotchi needed to be called to a time out, I gave it a time out, then I said, "You know... I barley even punished you, so YOU NEED MORE PUNISHMENT!! Mwahaha!" or something along those lines, so I took it outside into the rain and hung it in a tree. :marumimitchi: I meant to get it, but I fell asleep. And left it there THE WHOLE RAINY NIGHT. Next morning, I jumped out of bed and ran into the rain again to get it. Luckily, not that much moisture got into the Tama and I was acually able to save it. I still have that Tama in working condition to this day :ichigotchi: but that was pretty dumb of me. Hanging it in the tree I mean.

EDIT: I accidentally clicked edit, then I realized I had a typo, so yeah.... moving on with my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to open my tamas and always break the sound wires. i thought i broke them, so i threw them away.

i've also lost a v4.5 and a v5 on trips. really regret not checking before i left :angry:

Well when I was really little I had a very old V3 from an old friend. I took it apart and purposely dunked it in water (I feel HORRIBLE for this!!!) and then I dried it off and it was becoming more and more glitchy every day. I forced it to work again (REALLY hard) adn I purposely killed the characters. Back then I was sick and twisted and enjoyed watching it. I cry almost every night I think of that, because I regret it SO much and even to this day still cry over it and I still hate myself a whole bunch because of that. Ever since I've tried to take perfect care of my Tamagotchis and treat them very carefully and keep them with me every second of the day even in school when I am not supposed to. I regret this SO much, and I hate myself for this!!!

P.S> I've never mentioned that I ever had a V3 and I have never told this before..

Please forgive me for this... <:''''(

EDIT: Typo

Back in the 90's when original Tamas came out there were rumors that if you dipped a Tamagotchi in water there would be an image on the screen of your Tamagotchi drowning. I hate to think of how many Tamagotchis met their fate due to that stupid rumor.

My very first tama, a v4, broke when I tripped and landed knee first on it completely busting it. I was soooooooo sad and felt so bad :(

I really wish I'd taken more care of my v4, I bought back in 2006, but back then, I wasn't as responsible as I am now, (of which I have learnt my lesson) it is still perfectly intact, but the paintwork and screen has a few scratches which otherwise, could have been avoided :(

I always threw away the packaging of them. :/ And also I had them all on a lanyard, even when I have more than 10. I eventually stopped, but when I had about 12 Tamas on them they would all scratch each other and the lanyard would swing and they'd hit walls and everything.

I once had a Nano Baby, and I never even wanted to play with it. The battery died on it and I regret ever having to leave it to die. I REALLY want a Nano Baby again.

I have a V4 that a classmate once gave to me last school year. I took good care of it, until I usually get bored of all the same characters that I always get...I LET IT DIE, which I regret now at that point.

Oh goodness, I've never really done anything too terrible to my tamas. But there was one incident you can probably classify as tamagotchi abuse... I remember about 6 years ago I was at my cousin's house with my family. My sister and I had gotten v3's and brought them along. My sister's evolved into Kutchipatchi, which for some reason we thought was ugly. (No idea why I think he's pretty cute now! :lol: ) Well anyways, none of us liked him so my cousin and decided he needed to die... My sister was totally against this but we hid him behind a dresser so she would never find out... He died and she was sad but I was happy because he was gone. I didn't really think much ok? I was 7... And I have no idea where those v3's went. I miss them though! We had good times! ^_^

Gave my v5 away, biggest mistake ever!

Me and my friends used to also put them all on a trampoline and bounce, the last tama left on was the 'winner'. However that was probably a bad idea because when they fell of they fell onto the concrete...

/\ yikes.

The most regretable thing I did was neglect my v5 so much that it would die at least once a day... -__-

And then I let my friend borrow it, and she lost it -___-

But besides that, just neglecting them in general. My brother also once put my tama outside in the rain for like 3 days... -____-

I sadly dropped mine down the drain. It got a little water damaged but it worked fine eventually. However when I was coming back from Spain, I left it on the plane and ant get it back. It makes me wonder where it ended up too, I wonder what country :p

spun it on my finger and dropped it, well i was primary school at the time (equivalent to US elementary school). I dont know it was fragile.

just resetted a few. ive debugged my V2 but i doubt it hurts the tama, it just speeds up its growth process

When I was 6, I got my first v4.5 and when I was 7, I got the secong v4.5. I played the second one in the toilet. My second v4.5 fell into the closet ( my dad tried hardly to reach my tamagotchi ). And it damaged. My another v4.5 is lost. I tried to find it, but I can't find it.

When I was almost 8, I got v5. One day, I lost my v5 and my brother found it in his pocket ( my tamagotchi already died ). And he put in his pocket again. I tried to find my tamagotchi, but I can't find it. My mom found it in my maid's bed. She accidently found that damaged tamagotchi in the wash machine. And finally, my mom angry with me.

When I was 9, I got v5.5. I lost it, and I didn't find it everywhere ! ( Even now I was searching that tamagotchi and hope that tamagotchi wasn't damaged or broken).

I got mad that my tamagotchi kept refusing to play games and I kept losing so I just stuffed it full of treats until it got sick and fat lol. Then I got really guilty and upset and started crying because I thought I'd hurt it so I spent ages playing games to get its weight down and telling it I was sorry and not to hate me!

I always threw away the packaging of them. :/ And also I had them all on a lanyard, even when I have more than 10. I eventually stopped, but when I had about 12 Tamas on them they would all scratch each other and the lanyard would swing and they'd hit walls and everything.
LOL I used to have a bunch on a lanyard too. My dad said I looked like Mr T. with all of that stuff hanging from my neck. :D

My #1 Tama regret is that I don't still have all of my original virtual pets from '97-'98... :( I honestly have no idea what happened to them. I guess it's possible they could still be in my basement somewhere, but I doubt it.

Another more recent regret is I opened up my first V4 because ever since I got it, something was rattling inside it. Drove me crazy! So one day I decided to open it up and see if I could fix the rattling problem. Well, it worked, but... I broke the sound wire and lost a screw. So now it not only stopped rattling, but it also stopped making ANY noise! lol

I think I may have let a few tamas die, but that's it. I took great care of EVERYTHING as a child. I did however drop my v2 in water but immediately opened it up and emptied it before letting it dry out on the windowsill.

After reading the other posts I'm over the moon I took good care of them all :)

I was almost the same thing! I used to have a purple v2 tama, ( i have a v4 now) and i knew nothing about it, because i just found it lying around in a cabinet. When i started it, i saw the baby and i was like: what on earth is that blob?!" And when i named it, it did the attention noise, i thought it liked the name. I saw that everything was white hearted, and i thought that white (empty) was full, and black (full) was empty. I fed it, and i was freaked out because feeding it made it hungry. I punished it and it was happy. I did that all over again until it died. Instead of resetting i removed and put the battery (wich damages it) and pressed download, and it still died. I thought that downloading kills it. So there. I raised it for 1 or 2 years, and i knew EVERYTHING about a v2. Then i started having a v4 ( with a design of bees and honeycombs ).

Ahh.. Good to take care perfectly again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back