Where did the User Ranks go?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a chance the spamming would continue... Actually at some point in discussions the idea of not displaying user rank AND post count was brought up... But we're not going there... :lol:

All we ask for is give it a chance... Let's wait three weeks and then start a poll to see if member slike it. Somebody can start a poll on October 14...

Well, I'm all for checking out new ideas to see how they work.

I think the idea that removing the post count/user rank will discourage spam (or those just trying to increase their number of posts) seems sensible - but on reflection, I am not sure it would make a huge amount of difference.

My impression is that a lot of spam on TT these days tends to come from new, over-excited members who just want people to know they are on-line and expect an immediate response to their posts - like a chat room. I'm not criticising those newbies at all - it's just an observation/opinion.

I do think Dark Core and RTT have a point - it is a tad disappointing (if you have a lot of posts), not to be able to see them displayed - especially if you are not one to spam just to get the count up.

However, if it means that the guides have more time free to moderate or deal with other more important topics then why not give it a go?

The guides will have to keep a close eye on how much spam they are clearing up nowadays, compared to before!

Best, etc.

TamaMum

Well, there only seem to be two people who do not care for it.

I really like it.

It will get rid of those annoying "Oooh, I'm a Tama Elder" type posts. Blah. So you made 500 trash posts to get there. I'd think it would be a bit embarassing to make so many posts in such little time. I still think I post too much and my counts are well behind many who have been here just around 6 months or so.

We are always saying post counts mean nothing and they don't. This no rank system proves it and I think it feels better.

We just got rid of something that means nothing. The counts are still there. That won't change.

I actually think this is a great idea. This will stop posts saying "Yeah I'm a TamaMax! " like many have already said and you still get your post count! I really really like this idea and I definitly think it will stop those topics from coming up because they are pointless now! This is a great way to cut down some SPAM! :lol: And it's NOT big a deal, you still have your post count people! No reason to get mad! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
right sorry iff this has nothing to do with any of the other posts

because i didnt read them but the first one but anyway

heres my oponion or however you speall it

[SIZE=21pt]DOWN WITH USER RANKS THEY MAKE ME FEALL SMALL CAUSE I HAD 300 AND SUTTING POSTS WHEN I WAS HACKED AND HAD TO START AGAIN AND NOW I ONLY HAVE LIKE 60 OR SUMTHING[/SIZE]

THEY MAKE ME FEEL SMALL GOOD ON YOU ADMIN

oh i have 101 i didnt realise

this doesnt change how i feel

right sorry iff this has nothing to do with any of the other posts because i didnt read them but the first one but anyway

heres my oponion or however you speall it

[SIZE=21pt]DOWN  WITH USER RANKS THEY MAKE ME FEALL SMALL CAUSE I HAD 300 AND SUTTING POSTS WHEN I WAS HACKED AND HAD TO START AGAIN AND NOW I ONLY HAVE LIKE 60 OR SUMTHING[/SIZE]

THEY MAKE ME FEEL SMALL GOOD ON YOU ADMIN

oh  i have 101 i didnt realise

this doesnt change how i feel
Stop That!

admin and the guides are just trying somthing out. im sorry you were hacked, but this is a Serious tryout. Don't blame admin for going to change it for 3 weeks or more. remember, they will change it if people don't like it.

P.S Great idea admin! still the spammers will spam, but not all of them!

*edited by me*

Man, people, don't you think you're going a little overboard?

Admin is just trying new things. If it doesn't turn out, then he/she might change it back. User ranks aren't all that important- TamaTalk is to talk about tamaogtchi, and NOT to become huge post people....

Not to offend anyone. I don't want anyone to take this in a bad way- I'm just telling peops stuff. :eek:

I LOVE this idea! It will stop people saying things like "You're a newbie. I'm a TamaMax. Don't talk to me," or "Yay! TamaElder at last," because really, who cares about having a ton of posts? It doesn't get you any closer to being a guide, angelgotchi, or anything like that. There are things in the world that are more important than a few dots.

I totally agree with you, Dragon.

And I have a feeling I know what you're talking about... It's just I didn't really say "You're a Newbie, I'm a Tamamax. Don't talk to me"

..... I didn't mean it like that.

i really dont like the idea of ditching the ranks.... some ppl worked really hard to get to tamaelder (like me) and it is sad to watch all there effort disapear, i am so sad to whatch my rank disapear
You are still a high poster nobody changed that!

Anyway I love the Idea ppl are always saying stuff about newbies and I hate it!!

So now they can't!!! Since we are all members now we should all feel the same about each other!

You are still a high poster nobody changed that!
Anyway I love the Idea ppl are always saying stuff about newbies and I hate it!!

So now they can't!!! Since we are all members now we should all feel the same about each other!
I couldn't put it better myself. :eek:

Didn't I post in this all ready?... Oh well...

I'm sort of in between with the userrank thing. It might stop a little bit of the spamming, but I did like feeling that I've accomplished something without cheating (spamming). So I don't know I'll just wait for the 3 weeks to be up and say what I want. :eek:

this is a wonderful idea admin! this will defintitly stop lots of spammers. thank you! i remember seeing it yesterday and wondering if it was a computer problem, but now i get it! thanks! :wacko:

i"m a little disappointed, i wanted to be an elder badly, but it's your choice...

I totally agree with you, Dragon.
And I have a feeling I know what you're talking about... It's just I didn't really say "You're a Newbie, I'm a Tamamax. Don't talk to me"

..... I didn't mean it like that.
I know, and I changed it a bit so that people wouldn't post thing like "Hey don't be mean to tamapenguin2." I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I just wanted to point out the fact that people are being rather mean to newbies these days...

i"m a little disappointed, i wanted to be an elder badly, but it's your choice...
Tee-hee. That post made me realized I was a TamaElder, and I'm proud of it! I was lucky to even reach that rank!

-Darkcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back