Where did the User Ranks go?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have noticed, and I am sure others have, that the UserRanks have gon, and noone really cares anymore. Just like the Guides have enforced, it is not the end of the world because you are not a TamaMax. Infact, you should be happy that now you are proberly posting more usefull posts because in the back of your head, you are not thinking "I'll do this post so I have more posts, and then I will be a TamaElder!". Insted, you are proberly thinking "I like this post because it contains more than three lines of writting and it has more use than just a single word post." If you are thinking that, well, you are proberly noticeing a change in your post quality. :D . And if you are a TamaElder, you have no more chance than someone else of becomming a Guide - I cannot beleve people think post count has something to do with a moderator position. Sure you need posts to prove you are active and know your way around TamaTalk so you can become a Guide, but not exactly a TamaElder position.

And just like Rockin Robotchi pointed out, you can still think you are a TamaNewbie/Member/Max/Elder, however you do not have to post about it and mention it. We have our own eyes, we can see if you are a TamaElder/Max/Member/Newbie or not.

I agree with you Jappyx, but I am a little dissapointed, I was looking forward to see "TamaElder" below my name, I haven't reached that rank yet, but I'm almost there! :D

There still seem to be people here who are just not getting it... your number of posts MEAN NOTHING! What is of greater importance is what you contribute and your reputation because of what you contribute. I look at someone like Tama Mum... they have 704 posts at the time of this post. They don't post a whole lot but what they do post is always very useful, helpful and friendly. When I see a post by Tama Mum I read it cause I know it will be good... rather than briefly skimming to make sure there is nothing nasty. Tama Mum is just one example. There are other members like that too but... but that is what you should be aiming for, not making lots of posts or getting ranks or squares or anything like that.
Let me put it in perspective. If you have a fight with your best friend and you go to your other friends for help, you would much rather appreciate the one who gives you good advice on how to fix the problem rather than the friends that go "Oh, that's too bad!" "Yeah, that sucks""That's so mean". Little one liners which don't really help...
Yes i do agree, but the ranks, to me, where pretty good but ppl, just forget about them, they are a thing of the past so stop squerming about them, there not going to come back (i think)

Something tells me its going to be removed, so many ppl dont want the ranks.

Its like i know i worked hard for my post count, but i dont know if i spammed so i dont know

Also what is the point of a rank? its just a blip and it's just a little thing to make you name look good.

sure;y we can give up on a little blip...cant we? or are we a few thousand ppl that cant give up a little pixelised blob?

Something tells me its going to be removed, so many ppl dont want the ranks.Its like i know i worked hard for my post count, but i dont know if i spammed so i dont know

Also what is the point of a rank? its just a blip and it's just a little thing to make you name look good.

sure;y we can give up on a little blip...cant we? or are we a few thousand ppl that cant give up a little pixelised blob?
There isn't really a point of it after I thought it over. I think it should be removed for good, because it would stop spam, and it doesn't really have any meaning.

Regards,

DarkCore

There still seem to be people here who are just not getting it... your number of posts MEAN NOTHING! What is of greater importance is what you contribute and your reputation because of what you contribute. I look at someone like Tama Mum... they have 704 posts at the time of this post. They don't post a whole lot but what they do post is always very useful, helpful and friendly. When I see a post by Tama Mum I read it cause I know it will be good... rather than briefly skimming to make sure there is nothing nasty. Tama Mum is just one example. There are other members like that too but... but that is what you should be aiming for, not making lots of posts or getting ranks or squares or anything like that.
Let me put it in perspective. If you have a fight with your best friend and you go to your other friends for help, you would much rather appreciate the one who gives you good advice on how to fix the problem rather than the friends that go "Oh, that's too bad!","toooooooooooooo bad"
i learned to quoat

MY Very Long Boring Speech (2nd opinion):

I am disappointed that the User Ranks gone, because I wanted to at least be an elder by the time it was gone- which was like 3 or 4 posts away, I want them back. But now, I don't really they're that important. And I KNOW that posts don't really matter at all, but I'm still a little disappointed. I am just expressing my opinion so this post is no reason to get all ^_^ and mad at me, so I am just stating:

I am disappointed.

I hope that you (Admin) can bring them back somehow. And it is also good, knowing that spam is not encourages here, but you like this site to become more and more popular, so maybe user ranks will encourage those 0-posters to post a little. maybe perhaps you can change the names? Like egg, toddler, child, teen or stuff. I think that is a good idea! :gozarutchi: but there is probably no possibility of that :eek: but Admin, however, if you can can you pleeasse I beg put them back? And I am not being rude, I am just saying what I feel- cause otherwise I'd be lying right? And nobody wants an untruthful person here. So once again, I'm a tiny tad disappointed and also hopeful that Admin will reconsider and put them back, even revise them (like babytchi, toddler, etc.)

Thanks to those who hung on to my speech! I know I get boring sometimes :D !

[SIZE=30pt]-Tamagirl777[/SIZE]

MY Very Long Boring Speech (2nd opinion):
I am disappointed that the User Ranks gone, because I wanted to at least be an elder by the time it was gone- which was like 3 or 4 posts away, I want them back. But now, I don't really they're that important. And I KNOW that posts don't really matter at all, but I'm still a little disappointed. I am just expressing my opinion so this post is no reason to get all :( and mad at me, so I am just stating:

I am disappointed.

I hope that you (Admin) can bring them back somehow. And it is also good, knowing that spam is not encourages here, but you like this site to become more and more popular, so maybe user ranks will encourage those 0-posters to post a little. maybe perhaps you can change the names? Like egg, toddler, child, teen or stuff. I think that is a good idea! :p but there is probably no possibility of that :D but Admin, however, if you can can you pleeasse I beg put them back? And I am not being rude, I am just saying what I feel- cause otherwise I'd be lying right? And nobody wants an untruthful person here. So once again, I'm a tiny tad disappointed and also hopeful that Admin will reconsider and put them back, even revise them (like babytchi, toddler, etc.)

Thanks to those who hung on to my speech! I know I get boring sometimes :D !

[SIZE=30pt]-Tamagirl777[/SIZE]
You are free to your own oppinion. We value your own thoughts. They are what you think. :D .

Don't feel that saying you want them to stay is something rude... We are all entittled to our own words. :D

Do you know what is really funny? i didn't even realise that the user ranks had been removed cos i was on holidays at the time and that is how much i take notice of it. sure i have a look sometimes at how many posts people have made, but really its not that big a deal!!

and tomorrow is October 14 (or the next day pending where you are) - admin - i gather there is going to be a poll made about user ranks and what everyone feels??

Hello TamaTalkers!As many of you have noticed, the user rank system has been changed a bit... And by change I mean more like removed. The Guides and I have been discussing a change to the user rank system based on this poll. Our discussions ended up leading us into the issue of spam posting and the quest of many to increase their post counts/user rank for the sole purpose of seeing it change. This is usually done by posts consisting of single words, smilies or "ooh look I'm almost a TamaMax" type posts and topics. This leaves the TamaTalk Guide team with the job of cleaning house to get rid of these posts. As the site has grown so has the task of cleaning up. It gets difficult to read through and filter 1000 posts each day. So the thought of getting rid of the user rank system came up. The idea is that, in reality, user ranks really don't serve much of a purpose. Just because you become a TamaMax or TamaElder does not mean you have contributed hundreds and hundreds of useful posts. In much the same way, just because you have 200 posts doesn't mean you haven't contributed/participated as much as somebody with 5 times as many posts. The quality of the posts is not reflected in the post count and user rank. I have yet to find a system that easily tracks the quality versus the quantity.

So now what? We'd like to test out TamaTalk without user ranks for a while. If the "goal" of reaching a new rank is no longer available, will people still spam the forums as much? Let's go without it for a little while... See what happens.

We hope you understand that this was not a simple decision to make... It took a lot of discussion. I really believe it is worth trying out. After a short period without user ranks, we can create a poll to see how people feel about user ranks. Let's give ourselves a chance to get used to it and see if it is still missed after a few weeks without them.

I look forward to hearing your comments on this... Please feel free to reply to this topic and add your thoughts. As always, we are always open to suggestion and love to hear your thoughts. :lol:
i think u made a good dissision admin! :furawatchi:

Hello TamaTalkers!As many of you have noticed, the user rank system has been changed a bit... And by change I mean more like removed. The Guides and I have been discussing a change to the user rank system based on this poll. Our discussions ended up leading us into the issue of spam posting and the quest of many to increase their post counts/user rank for the sole purpose of seeing it change. This is usually done by posts consisting of single words, smilies or "ooh look I'm almost a TamaMax" type posts and topics. This leaves the TamaTalk Guide team with the job of cleaning house to get rid of these posts. As the site has grown so has the task of cleaning up. It gets difficult to read through and filter 1000 posts each day. So the thought of getting rid of the user rank system came up. The idea is that, in reality, user ranks really don't serve much of a purpose. Just because you become a TamaMax or TamaElder does not mean you have contributed hundreds and hundreds of useful posts. In much the same way, just because you have 200 posts doesn't mean you haven't contributed/participated as much as somebody with 5 times as many posts. The quality of the posts is not reflected in the post count and user rank. I have yet to find a system that easily tracks the quality versus the quantity.

So now what? We'd like to test out TamaTalk without user ranks for a while. If the "goal" of reaching a new rank is no longer available, will people still spam the forums as much? Let's go without it for a little while... See what happens.

We hope you understand that this was not a simple decision to make... It took a lot of discussion. I really believe it is worth trying out. After a short period without user ranks, we can create a poll to see how people feel about user ranks. Let's give ourselves a chance to get used to it and see if it is still missed after a few weeks without them.

I look forward to hearing your comments on this... Please feel free to reply to this topic and add your thoughts. As always, we are always open to suggestion and love to hear your thoughts. :p
I agree. :furawatchi:

The user-ranks were a big part of the reason people SPAMed.

Post count doesn't really matter, and neither did the ranks.

I'm glad you got rid of them. :lol:

-pixelation-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back