Where do you buy your books from?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the local libraries to borrow books or visit the local charity (goodwill) shops in our area - we have a really good Oxfam Bookshop on our high street - it even has a teens & childrens' section (unusual for a Charity book shop).

There are some great bargains to be had there (for less than the price you'd pay in the big supermarkets).

To be honest. I don't buy any books. I usually go to the library to check books out. But in the past, I bought books from the Scholastic Book Fair.
me too and i also buy schoolastic book orders

I get them from a variety of places, but I prefer Barnes & Noble or Books-a-million.

I used to check out books from the library at school all the time before I was homeschooled, though.

~Mew

Half-Price Books: they have an entire clearance section for books that are only a dollar!

School textbooks? Amazon, Ebay, half.com, craigslist, or other sites like that. I never pay full price or go to the university bookstore for textbooks unless I absolutely have to. For other books (I've recently taken up collecting classics), I normally get them at my local library, where they're sold super cheap. :eek:

[SIZE=8pt]barnes&noble. people know me by my first name there.. xD[/SIZE]

I find bookstores to be way too expensive and Wal-Mart to provide a insufficient selection.

Goodwill is also too expensive for used books.

I buy almost all of my books at thrift stores and garage sales..

I find some rare books at garage sales-- most recently, The Shining by Stephen King, hardcover, first edition for 50 cents. :mimitchi:

I love collector items~!

I don't like library books... sometimes they're really disgusting on the inside! I wish people would take better care of public property.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't buy most of my books; they're way too expensive for a book. I mean, £5.99 for a small 100 pager? Nah.

Anyway, if I do buy books, I either buy them at the local charity shop for around 20p, or at Whsmiths where I've got tonnes of vouchers. xP

Chapters/Indigo, even though I've been going to Coles alot recently.

Usually Barnes & Noble in stores or through the Nook. We have an amazing book store called Chamblin Bookmine that sells just about anything under the sun, and for an amazing price, that I prefer to do my bulk book shopping at.

Books for myself I buy at my local Oxfam Book Shop (great value second hand books) or I get them out from the Library.

Most of the books I buy new are intended as presents so I use Amazon or WH Smiths I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back