Sign in to follow this  
-Gotchi-Gotchi-

Tamagotchi iD L possibly coming down under?

Very Disappointed in their color choices. HOWEVER

this is VERY GOOD it may give bandai the slap in the face to get their stuff together. it may help the fandom get a little livelier.

and may give tamagotchi that boost it needs. fingers crossed it comes to usa and canada.

Edited by ciara683

I'm just hoping that they sell well and this doesn't turn out to be the final nail in the coffin and make Bandai pull out of any plans to release another Tamagotchi anytime soon.

I'm just hoping that they sell well and this doesn't turn out to be the final nail in the coffin and make Bandai pull out of any plans to release another Tamagotchi anytime soon.

I have a feeling it's going to go this way. The press release was a single picture posted on Bandai Asia's facebook page, and very few Myer stores are stocking them. They aren't even available online from Myer. With Tamagotchi having been absent from the market for 4 or 5 years, I think $70 is a crazy price to ask... did they really expect a good response from the general public? Hmm... I think they just wanted to move old stock, and aren't at all interested in trying to effectively market tamagotchi to spark interest again. Then again, it's never easy to revive an 'old' fad.

I was talking to the people working at Myer and asked how sales were. They just looked at me and said... Feel free to pass on the word that we're selling Tamagotchis. It was kinda sad.

• Like 1

I feared as much... oh well, at least colour screen Tamagotchis have finally been sold in stores outside of Japan. That's something that's been a long time coming, and now we have that at any rate. :)

I just can't see myself going up to a worker at the store and asking to buy one with a serious face...

$70 is a lot to ask for, I'll have to think about it. :mellow:

Well, there's only 15 there, so I guess you better get one before they're gone, if they sell :P

Well, there's only 15 there, so I guess you better get one before they're gone, if they sell :P

There's more :) The display is quite... 3D, and the entire middle is filled with rows of iDLs.

If I didn't already have one and I live in Australia, I'd just buy another P's or ID L for cheaper.

At least the Japanese ID L doesn't have the Happy Symbol glitch for Girigiritchi...

Edited by PrinJess

This comes up a lot with this topics is people saying it's old stock. I don't think it is.

No way they have this much old stock just chilling unsold. They would have put them on clearance in stores and such.

And it's not like this is the only store and only stock we'll see, there will be plenty of other myers or stores in other cities and countries with these in stock.

Though if this is their idea to bring back tamagotchi in some sort of way they chose the worst possible way to do it.

A good majority of collectors from the early 90's and even today are male. Even as a female I'm not impressed with the color choices.

Not to mention that price tag. I get these are suppose to get us older fans back in due to the recent app but even with a full time job no ones going to go drop $70 on a tamagotchi even if it is in color. So again they're doing a terrible job trying to get people back into tamagotchi.

Do they not even listen to the fans? theres pages of great ideas and posts on what actual fans and collectors want.

Even on the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E facebook page everyone is complaining that they're not going in the direction of tamagotchi and almost everyone is asking for and wanting a PHYSICAL tamagotchi that they can buy in stores. 99.9% Of Tamagotchi life's facebook posts are fashion tips and terrible recipes. Honestly it's a mess.

• Like 1

This comes up a lot with this topics is people saying it's old stock. I don't think it is.

No way they have this much old stock just chilling unsold. They would have put them on clearance in stores and such.

And it's not like this is the only store and only stock we'll see, there will be plenty of other myers or stores in other cities and countries with these in stock.

It's old stock. The box says made in 2012, which is when the english IDL was first released in Hong Kong. Myer is the only store stocking them in the country - and only in large capital cities. Myer won't even sell them online.

I can also confirm that the Australia release has the same programming as all English IDL's... i.e. it's still 'refurdish'.

OMG!! I love the display!! I wish I was near that store I'd buy one of eachof those tamas!!! : )

It's old stock. The box says made in 2012, which is when the english IDL was first released in Hong Kong. Myer is the only store stocking them in the country - and only in large capital cities. Myer won't even sell them online.

I can also confirm that the Australia release has the same programming as all English IDL's... i.e. it's still 'refurdish'.

Just as I thought - I'm thinking these were the leftovers from the Harrod's UK test marketing... which apparently wasn't a success :(

Thought you may all be interested to know that Tamagotchi will be released in Australia this year

• ME:

hey, just wondering if you have Tamagotchi iD L for sale in Australia?

or any of the new model tamagotchis

thank you

•  

276645_139828839364035_557330917_q.jpg

10:32pm

Bandai South Asia - Girls & Boys Toys Official Page

Hi! please note that IDL (english ver.) will be in australia this year. Kindly stay tuned to this facebook for more of it's launching date/month

no doubt it will be released just before Christmas time -.- wish it was tomorrow aha :)

HOLY CRAP CANT WAIT WONT BE AS GOO AS A TAMA PS BUT STILL FTW CANT WAIT RELEASE IT NOWS BANDAI IMMA HIPSTER ACCORDING TO MY FRIENDS SO THATS PROBABLY WHY IM FREAKING OUT IDK BUT YAY TAMAS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's already been released like a month agao

• Like 1

It's already been released like a month agao

Sorry just realised.

Dang! I was in Myer 2 days ago. Now I have to go back and ask the clerk at the toy department. -_- I have also emailed Bandai to check if they have any more info on them. I hope to get a reply soon. ^_^

Presenting: the iDL display at Myer.

1380876345419_zpsb5ec1d2c.jpg

1380876408187_zpsbb93b531.jpg

$69.99 regular price, and appear identical to the HK release, save for the G rating sticker slapped on by our government. Sorry for the dodgy pictures, I used a silent camera app.

What do I get? iDL in English? Or P's in Japanese? I just hope they're in Canberra by now . . . GOD HOW I HATE TYPING USING A KOBO GLO!! -_-

They haven't been released in Canberra. They've only been released in the Sydney City and Melbourne City Myer stores. They'll be released to Toys R Us for the Christmas season only.

Does anyone know of an online store that sells these?

(I'm not talking offerings from individuals like eBay auctions, but formal storefronts.)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tamacass
      At this point for me, it's less of a tradition to keep a log than it is to start one. Half of the posts on Tamatalk are just going to be all my unfinished logs! ;A; But not this time, my dear readers. For I have dug out a Tamagotchi version that is very special to me, and with... a lot of hesitation, actually, have started it up for the first time in what feels like forever!
      As the title may give away, I am running (and logging!) my pink iD L! Back when I first joined Tamatalk, these were very popular, and also everywhere unlike the listings you see today. I got both my iD Ls - the aforementioned pink version and my now-rare Princess Spacey ver - back in 2013 for less than $100 each, and I'm glad I did because nowadays, oh boy do you have to sell your own soul to get your hands on one mint in box.
      Of course, this comes with its own issues - being that I've had these for seven years now, they've accumulated a ton of scratches, which is where most of my hesitation comes from. For those who aren't in the know, colour Tamagotchis - particularly their screens - are highly prone to scratches if you're not careful, and they can show up real easily on the screen as these annoying rainbow-like textures. My 4U and m!xs have managed to stay safe, luckily, but my iD Ls and my precious little P's have not had the same luck nor fortune. And don't even get me started on their front faceplates - I'd be able to actually afford a mint iD L with the amount of scratches they have.
      However, it is all cosmetic in the end. And it's not like I'm ever getting a new iD L unless I risk it for a used version, so I may as well take you all down with me. I've got a Pac-Man Anniversary Mini/Nano in the mail right now as we speak, so with a little patience I'll hopefully be able to log it soon!  Let's begin!
      ~*~*~*~*~*~
      iD L
      I put some new batteries in a few days ago, and was welcomed by a little Kingyobotchi! For those not in the know, they are the best-care female toddler character on the iD L. I also discovered that my iD L was on its 3rd generation last time I played it - I had previously raised a Kikitchi and an Agetchi, respectively, both of which are bad-care adult characters.
      Determined to take good care of my next Tamagotchi, I proceeded to get the next highest-care teenager, Painaputchi - and didn't look at a growth chart, which is extremely rare for me! I ended up raising an adorable little Chamametchi:

I forgot how photogenic the iD L was. You can't even see any of the scratches on it's screen!
      (While writing this, I realized I hadn't given Chamametchi a name yet! I searched up the nearest random name generator, and blessed her with the title of London.)
      While Chamametchi isn't the... highest care character out there, she's still very cute (and not a teen, strangely). I decided to go for her Tamatomo Stamps - for those who don't have an iD L, every adult 'gotchi has three special likes that cause them to do a cute little animation + give you what's dubbed a Tamatomo Stamp. You earn the last Tamatomo stamp by having your adult-stage Tamagotchi for 72 hours (or, at least 5 years old, if I recall correctly). You can earn any Tamatomo Stamp in any order, and they're a fun little incentive to spend more time with your tama! Plus, it also gets them stamped in the memory book (which is how I discovered the previous tamas I raised), as well as a bonus cutscene when they get married. 
      Anyway, I decided to go for London's Tamatomo Stamps straight away! We decided to head to the park, as the market was currently being held:

It's Kuchipatchi's mum! What she's doing here, I have no idea.
      Items at the market are usually marked down by 30%, so I wanted to get a good deal. I accidentally ended up leaving by way of the C button with London in tow.

It was raining outside when I took this photo! Who knew Tamagotchi Planet had the same weather cycles... and timezone... wait a second.
      We decided to visit again later - for now, it was off to the TamaDepa to get something I thought London would like. The hunt for her Tamatomo stamps was on! I rarely search for these without consulting a guide, so there was an exciting factor to our adventure.
      I quickly swept into the accessories aisle, and bought London a pair of cat ears! It was time for the moment of truth...

...I mean, she's still happy at least?
      Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. If your Tamagotchi's latest item/accessory/food is Tamatomo-worthy, they'd usually start jumping high in the air with hearts everywhere! But London was quite mellow. She still defied gravity in her celebration, though.
      I didn't want to stop there, however - maybe an outfit was what London was looking for! We went back to the market again, as outfits can be super expensive:

It's Makiko's mum! ...I just remembered that Makiko's name doesn't end in 'tchi'.
      I was running low on money, so we sold off the Tamamori Tree item I got out of the toy seed I planted in London's backyard yesterday. Don't ask.
      Anyway, we had enough money to buy London a lovely red kimono:

I forgot how fun it was to dress up your tamas on the iD L...
      And thus the moment of truth began once again!

Guess what happened next.
      ...And yet it also was not meant to be! Not only had I spent a ton of gotchi points on two outfits that weren't Tamatomo-worthy, now London looked like a weird anime character. She didn't seem to mind though.

One last photo before the post gets too big...
      I decided to stop our Tamatomo hunting there for now. I took London to the different locations in the food menu, but none of the meals and snacks there seemed to activate a Tamatomo Stamp... not even the sweetest treats around! ...That, and it ended with me accidentally discovering Chamametchi's least favorite food. By then my pockets were totally empty. I'm sure I'm missing something here... maybe I should be more open to London's tastes and stop assuming that all she likes is pink stuff just by the colour of her ears? The irony is real.
      Next post: more stamp hunting! Meeting a Tama-pet at the park enough times to create a bond with them and take them home... I missed those guys on the 4U and m!x, they were useless but I loved them anyway! 
    • By jiotisss01
      so the last time i playd with a tamagotchi was around 8 or 9 years ago, after that my tamagotchi broke I think and then I kinda didnt see it around nomore, it kinda got lost through the years. There were times now and then where I thought about my childhood and it often poped up on my mind, reminding me of all the good memories Ive made with my Tama. I didnt really know what version it was until I recently did a long search and came to the conclusion that it was a European v4 because I kinda had a visualization of the packaging since it was and is still an intense memory of mine (and also cause I remember playing jumping rope with it and always pressing the button at the right timing ). Anyway after I heard about the new retro tamagotchis for the 20th anniversary, my nostalgia kicked in and it kicked hard. So I decided to buy a new one. After I saw the prices on different websites for the v4 European connection (wich there were almost no European ones), I came to the realization that they are wayyy to expensive for me cause Im on a budget, but then I said to myself hey you had good times with your Tama but now you have to buy something that you can afford. And not short after that I realized that they have never been discontinued in Japan so I did my research on all those new models and decided to buy an ID L because of its colourful Display and cause I read that it has lots of stuff to do !!! Currently Im waiting for it to ship and I want to ask everyone who had an ID L for all the new features (for me they are new) that arent explained that detailed on most of the post here. Also feel free to give me any tips you have about the ID L since I really just bought it without looking for to much details. Thank youuu
    • By Fae Kizunatchi
      So I finally got my Deco Pierces from Japan! (pictures to be uploaded to my log-http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/193724-the-pierce-philosophy/)

Inside of the plastic was an ordinary black ant! It looks a little more brown, but is the same size and doesn't have anything else of difference that I can see. I was amazed at it's survival skills, and also how it managed to get into an Anniversary change shrink wrapper!

I put it into a container with a drop of spring water and some rice malt syrup. (I'm a vegan so I don't have an honey in the house, I don't care about honey, but my partner does so I agreed to the rice malt syrup seeing that it's tasty) It looked at it, but it seems more intent on trying to escape and find it's way home.

It made me wonder if insects were the same around the world. This simple occurrence of an ant trapped in some plastic made me all thoughtful about how things live, and what we consider important.
      I think in the past I would have squished an ant in my apartment normally because there is no garden to put them and they dig into all my food. I tried saving them, but there was an ant attack for months a few years ago. I live on the top floor, so I have no idea how they managed to get all the way into my apartment, or why they even bothered to find food in such a difficult place. It seems like such an arduous journey to embark on for some simple sugars and rice syrup!

I don't think it will survive away from it's hive, so tomorrow I'm going to put it outside in the sun. I thought it can walk in the Australian sun if it wanted to so badly, and have a nice stroll before it runs out of steam.
      Hey, it might even do ok? Most likely it won't live long. Any budding Entomologists know about how ants work?

I wish we understood all the little creatures better. I think it's cute people love the Morino Tama so much, and to care for a creature as small as a beetle is really interesting.

-
      the thoughts of Fae

• By Fae Kizunatchi
      Hello,

I've read through about three threads of others seeking advice and nearly all of the Tamawiki! I have a tendency to get overwhelmed when making choices, even for something fun or a gift.
      I need help to stop spinning circles! I'm dizzy!

I've only played the original Tamagotchis from the 90s. I am a gamer and these are for myself (an adult) so I don't really need to worry about complexity, just enjoyability factor.

From what I've read the colour ones sound good, but really expensive on ebay. I live in Australia so shipping costs are a factor. I'm willing to shell out, just don't want to unless it's my only option.
      Anyone know any good sellers online?

I like the sound of the Connect 3 ones because they seem like better versions of the original, but still simple & under $50 online.

I also thought the Tama-Go sound like fun & I like the sound of collectable characters & buying additional amiibo-like characters. I saw some online, but there were also negative reviews saying the seller didn't ship them out.
      Ones with positive reviews were quite expensive.

What are the normal prices for the models? I need a guide so I don't get ripped off.

Music star was something that struck my fancy as well. Angelgotchi looked really cute, but are the bats really annoying?

Are there any versions that can still connect to games online? I heard the websites shut down.

Ones I didn't like the sound of:

- The family one. The mini game with the mum shopping & dad playing golf sound terrible.

-original ones because I've played them & are considered collectibles and expensive.

-ones that have lots of extra features but are black & white like Tama friends. If it's going to be crammed with stuff I want the screen to be clear.

As you can see I've sort of caught up on what other ones are available since the 90s but still confused on prices & which one to get.

I also would prefer ones that had easily bought shell or nice shells as I like pastel colours & don't want bright orange.
      Other info:
      I'm a sentimental type of person, so I'd prefer a pet I'd like over one with lots of options.... preferably both, but if I want elaborate games that's what my console is for!

THANK YOU!

P.S.

I am looking at some on ebay:

-Music Star V6--seller "simplybestprices" yay or nay?

-V4 2006 model?

-expensive Japanese colour versions 4U...what are these English patches people mention? (I don't have a smartphone just a desktop, so if it needs an app that will be trouble for me.)

• By TamaMum
      A heads up for any members in Australia.

I just spotted this post by tamapalace on the forums which might make a few TamaTalkers happy:
      http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/191468-tamagotchi-friends-dream-town/?p=3330266

• By thinmintfrap
      So I bought a IRDA USB dongle and I have looked at all the guides here on how to send things to the ID L.I followed the steps each time, I let the ID L connect then look for the file I am going to send in order to have it ready, I then wait for the connection to fail/time out then reconnect the ID L, as soon as I hear tit has connected I double click the file I want. It says it's sending, but stays at "0%" no matter how long I wait it out.
      I don't understand what's wrong, this is so frustrating i've been trying for like a week ;A;