Tamagotchi iD L possibly coming down under?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayden went to Myer and asked the store people when they will be getting the iD Ls; TUESDAY! That's two days :D But the price isn't decided yet. :mellow:

I know where I'll be on Tuesday morning...

I will probably bring along my iDLE box to confirm it's identical to the recent batch on eBay from HK.
It might depend, I live in Sydney and they said on Tuesday, hopefully, so it might be different for other cities, I'm not too sure. But I'm going back tomorrow because my dad still needs to fill out order forms there for his suit or whatever.

I called up Myer today, turns out that only the Melbourne and Sydney stores will be getting them. Melbourne doesn't have them yet, but has the display materials, and will be getting them any day now.

So for those of you who don't live in Melbourne or Sydney, sorry :p

It's still interesting that Australia will be receiving them so late after their initial release. I wonder how long these will be sold in stores for?

Presenting: the iDL display at Myer.

1380876345419_zpsb5ec1d2c.jpg

1380876408187_zpsbb93b531.jpg

$69.99 regular price, and appear identical to the HK release, save for the G rating sticker slapped on by our government. Sorry for the dodgy pictures, I used a silent camera app.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHY A PINK DISPLAY, JUST WHY!!!

MY DAD WILL BE LIKE FTW, WHY IS IT SO GIRLY

AND THOSE CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE GIRLY STUFF

NOOOOO, JUST WHY

AND $70 MY DAD WILL SAY NO, NO NO NO NO :( :( :(

"Comes in different colors"...only three. Lol

But the display is so cute. I wish displays were made like this in America.

Very Disappointed in their color choices. HOWEVER
this is VERY GOOD it may give bandai the slap in the face to get their stuff together. it may help the fandom get a little livelier.
and may give tamagotchi that boost it needs. fingers crossed it comes to usa and canada.

I'm just hoping that they sell well and this doesn't turn out to be the final nail in the coffin and make Bandai pull out of any plans to release another Tamagotchi anytime soon.

I'm just hoping that they sell well and this doesn't turn out to be the final nail in the coffin and make Bandai pull out of any plans to release another Tamagotchi anytime soon.

I have a feeling it's going to go this way. The press release was a single picture posted on Bandai Asia's facebook page, and very few Myer stores are stocking them. They aren't even available online from Myer. With Tamagotchi having been absent from the market for 4 or 5 years, I think $70 is a crazy price to ask... did they really expect a good response from the general public? Hmm... I think they just wanted to move old stock, and aren't at all interested in trying to effectively market tamagotchi to spark interest again. Then again, it's never easy to revive an 'old' fad.

I was talking to the people working at Myer and asked how sales were. They just looked at me and said... Feel free to pass on the word that we're selling Tamagotchis. It was kinda sad.

I feared as much... oh well, at least colour screen Tamagotchis have finally been sold in stores outside of Japan. That's something that's been a long time coming, and now we have that at any rate. :)

I just can't see myself going up to a worker at the store and asking to buy one with a serious face...

$70 is a lot to ask for, I'll have to think about it. :mellow:

Well, there's only 15 there, so I guess you better get one before they're gone, if they sell :p

If I didn't already have one and I live in Australia, I'd just buy another P's or ID L for cheaper.

At least the Japanese ID L doesn't have the Happy Symbol glitch for Girigiritchi...

This comes up a lot with this topics is people saying it's old stock. I don't think it is.

No way they have this much old stock just chilling unsold. They would have put them on clearance in stores and such.

And it's not like this is the only store and only stock we'll see, there will be plenty of other myers or stores in other cities and countries with these in stock.

Though if this is their idea to bring back tamagotchi in some sort of way they chose the worst possible way to do it.

A good majority of collectors from the early 90's and even today are male. Even as a female I'm not impressed with the color choices.

Not to mention that price tag. I get these are suppose to get us older fans back in due to the recent app but even with a full time job no ones going to go drop $70 on a tamagotchi even if it is in color. So again they're doing a terrible job trying to get people back into tamagotchi.

Do they not even listen to the fans? theres pages of great ideas and posts on what actual fans and collectors want.

Even on the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E facebook page everyone is complaining that they're not going in the direction of tamagotchi and almost everyone is asking for and wanting a PHYSICAL tamagotchi that they can buy in stores. 99.9% Of Tamagotchi life's facebook posts are fashion tips and terrible recipes. Honestly it's a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back