Tamagotchi iD L possibly coming down under?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This comes up a lot with this topics is people saying it's old stock. I don't think it is.

No way they have this much old stock just chilling unsold. They would have put them on clearance in stores and such.

And it's not like this is the only store and only stock we'll see, there will be plenty of other myers or stores in other cities and countries with these in stock.
It's old stock. The box says made in 2012, which is when the english IDL was first released in Hong Kong. Myer is the only store stocking them in the country - and only in large capital cities. Myer won't even sell them online.

I can also confirm that the Australia release has the same programming as all English IDL's... i.e. it's still 'refurdish'.

OMG!! I love the display!! I wish I was near that store I'd buy one of eachof those tamas!!! : )

It's old stock. The box says made in 2012, which is when the english IDL was first released in Hong Kong. Myer is the only store stocking them in the country - and only in large capital cities. Myer won't even sell them online.

I can also confirm that the Australia release has the same programming as all English IDL's... i.e. it's still 'refurdish'.
Just as I thought - I'm thinking these were the leftovers from the Harrod's UK test marketing... which apparently wasn't a success :(

Thought you may all be interested to know that Tamagotchi will be released in Australia this year

• ME:

hey, just wondering if you have Tamagotchi iD L for sale in Australia?

or any of the new model tamagotchis

thank you

• 10:32pm

Bandai South Asia - Girls & Boys Toys Official Page

Hi! please note that IDL (english ver.) will be in australia this year. Kindly stay tuned to this facebook for more of it's launching date/month
no doubt it will be released just before Christmas time -.- wish it was tomorrow aha :)
HOLY CRAP CANT WAIT WONT BE AS GOO AS A TAMA PS BUT STILL FTW CANT WAIT RELEASE IT NOWS BANDAI IMMA HIPSTER ACCORDING TO MY FRIENDS SO THATS PROBABLY WHY IM FREAKING OUT IDK BUT YAY TAMAS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's already been released like a month agao
Sorry just realised.

Dang! I was in Myer 2 days ago. Now I have to go back and ask the clerk at the toy department. -_- I have also emailed Bandai to check if they have any more info on them. I hope to get a reply soon. ^_^

Presenting: the iDL display at Myer.

1380876345419_zpsb5ec1d2c.jpg

1380876408187_zpsbb93b531.jpg

$69.99 regular price, and appear identical to the HK release, save for the G rating sticker slapped on by our government. Sorry for the dodgy pictures, I used a silent camera app.
What do I get? iDL in English? Or P's in Japanese? I just hope they're in Canberra by now . . . GOD HOW I HATE TYPING USING A KOBO GLO!! -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
They haven't been released in Canberra. They've only been released in the Sydney City and Melbourne City Myer stores. They'll be released to Toys R Us for the Christmas season only.

Does anyone know of an online store that sells these?

(I'm not talking offerings from individuals like eBay auctions, but formal storefronts.)

They haven't been released in Canberra. They've only been released in the Sydney City and Melbourne City Myer stores. They'll be released to Toys R Us for the Christmas season only.
They have been released in Canberra! :lol: I made a post about it in "What's on your mind?" by accident.

I found a few in Toys R Us. :D So they are already out there, ready for Christmas.

They have been released in Canberra! :lol: I made a post about it in "What's on your mind?" by accident.

I found a few in Toys R Us. :D So they are already out there, ready for Christmas.
Thanks for confirming that, but they aren't in Myer stores. They're only in Myer in Sydney City and Melbourne City, and should be in Toys R Us stores Australia wide for the Christmas season (starting now, apparently). :)

I finally got one today because Boxing Day sales made it cheap, and there's was 3 left :eek: I am so glad it sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back