Alex Grigoriou

TAMATOWN IS BACK! (parsed swf files)

Hello guys! Umm... I don't know how to start. So... It has been a rather interesting week for this project. I discovered that my old laptop was still lying around in my attic. This laptop was from 2008. My cousin had formatted it a few years ago but I was certain that I had visited the old Tamagotchi Europe quite a few times before the format. Long story short, I contacted a recovery service and told them about the situation. Two days ago they told me they have found some files. Some of them were OK but some of them were corrupted. So I have to wait for their next reply when they have finished working on the hard drive. I am confident that this time it will be A FULL RESTORATION PROJECT! I AM SO HYPED! See ya in the next one! 

• Like 6

On 5/20/2019 at 7:09 PM, Alex Grigoriou said:

Hello guys! Umm... I don't know how to start. So... It has been a rather interesting week for this project. I discovered that my old laptop was still lying around in my attic. This laptop was from 2008. My cousin had formatted it a few years ago but I was certain that I had visited the old Tamagotchi Europe quite a few times before the format. Long story short, I contacted a recovery service and told them about the situation. Two days ago they told me they have found some files. Some of them were OK but some of them were corrupted. So I have to wait for their next reply when they have finished working on the hard drive. I am confident that this time it will be A FULL RESTORATION PROJECT! I AM SO HYPED! See ya in the next one! 

But is visiting the site enough? Surely, unless you'd saved the corresponding swf files then nothing from the site could be recovered? Unless I'm misunderstanding?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hwd45 said:

But is visiting the site enough? Surely, unless you'd saved the corresponding swf files then nothing from the site could be recovered? Unless I'm misunderstanding?

I used Internet Explorer back in the day. Once you visit a page the data are saved in cache (including swf files). I am sure about this. My only concern is the state of the files and if they are recoverable. Well, that's all. See ya. 

4 hours ago, Alex Grigoriou said:

I used Internet Explorer back in the day. Once you visit a page the data are saved in cache (including swf files). I am sure about this. My only concern is the state of the files and if they are recoverable. Well, that's all. See ya. 

If that's the case, then perhaps I can also dig out one of my old PCs - if they still even work - and maybe I'll also be able to recover some Internet Explorer cache files - hopefully any which you aren't able to.

• Like 1

If you are lucky, your pc works and you haven't cleared cache, then yes, these files are easily recoverable. 

Oh and one last thing. If you have ever cleaned your pc up with CCleaner or anything like that, these files are recoverable in most cases, but the process is time-consuming. You have to use Recuva, Wondershare Recoverit ect. 

How’s it going? I’d love to volunteer and I’d be really happy if you manage to get the files! But one question.. is who your “Contacting”, is this Bandai? I’d be really surprised if Bandai actually listened to us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KidRetro64 said:

How’s it going? I’d love to volunteer and I’d be really happy if you manage to get the files! But one question.. is who your “Contacting”, is this Bandai? I’d be really surprised if Bandai actually listened to us!

No unfortunately it is not Bandai. Bandai doesn't listen to anybody. The contact of mine is Luc Rubio, a former TamaTown reviver who was sued by Bandai and discontinued his project. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to find any files yet. But we are searching constantly. We are doing our best to revive this site. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ꌃꍏꌩꂦꍟꈤ_꓄ꍏꂵꍏꁅꂦ꓄ꉓꃅ said:

wow, sueing a fan??? gosh thats awful

If someone is infringing on a company's copyrights, they can't just let them off because they're a fan. If they do that, then commercial copyright-infringers can then turn around and say "But the company allowed it before!".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

If someone is infringing on a company's copyrights, they can't just let them off because they're a fan. If they do that, then commercial copyright-infringers can then turn around and say "But the company allowed it before!".

true.... even then they could re-name the site to tama villa or something to prevent a case like this from happening again?

12 minutes ago, ꌃꍏꌩꂦꍟꈤ_꓄ꍏꂵꍏꁅꂦ꓄ꉓꃅ said:

true.... even then they could re-name the site to tama villa or something to prevent a case like this from happening again?

That wouldn't prevent it - they're still using assets that were created by and which belong to Bandai.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alex Grigoriou said:

No unfortunately it is not Bandai. Bandai doesn't listen to anybody. The contact of mine is Luc Rubio, a former TamaTown reviver who was sued by Bandai and discontinued his project. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to find any files yet. But we are searching constantly. We are doing our best to revive this site. 

If Tamatown technically isn’t Bandais anymore, what’s to sue? If they want to forget about it, then why sue a fan?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ꌃꍏꌩꂦꍟꈤ_꓄ꍏꂵꍏꁅꂦ꓄ꉓꃅ said:

maybe we can keep it offline?

After the end of support of Flash Player I may keep it offline. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1