♥Nintendogs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I connected with a friend to get the Dalmatian breed, but like I said, only want 6 dogs max so I can just keep one dog at home when I'm busy. I'm getting the Dalmatian version and will have 6 dogs there. ^^ Too bad you can't share friend codes like Animal Crossing. I'd connect with you then. :( They're pretty cute, and about the size of the golden retrievers (I say this cause for some reason I thought they'd be beagle-sized).

In answer to huntr rocks request, the different homes you can get are...

- Ranch House = depending what version you have. Max price could be around $5,000

- Urban Living = depending what version you have. Max price could be around $5,000

- Northern European = depending what version you have. Max price could be around $5,000

- Early American = $1000 (I think)

- Designer's Condo = $500

- Tatami Room (Er, I forgot whether or not this is the exact name, but it's basically a Japanese-style home) = $5,000

- Desktop (like your dogs are living on top of an actual desk in a room, as in the desk and everything on it are enlarged so your dogs look like they were shrunk) = $20,000

- Seaside Paradise = $50,000

- Outer Space = $100,000

I think that's about it...

I don't know if I should buy it. Is it worth it?
In my personal opinion I'd say Nintendogs is really worth the $28 I paid for it. Yes, I'd pay higher than that if I had to. If you're not sure, I'd suggest you go read reviews about it at Amazon.com. Lots of reviewers give detailed info that can help you decide. Each version starts out with 6 breeds, but you can unlock the others either by earning lots of trainer points (pretty much like your experience level) or by connecting with someone's dog that is a breed you don't have (but keep in mind it only works the FIRST time you connect with that person and IF the dog they connected you with is one you don't have). Remember that your dogs are puppies, and stay puppies forever. They don't grow up and breed or whatever, but that doesn't really matter cause I love my pups the way they are. Just as a reminder, there are four versions to choose from...

Labrador Retriever & Friends

- Labrador Retriever, Miniature Schnauzer, Toy Poodle, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Miniature Pinscher, Shiba Inu

Dachshund & Friends (this is what I have)

- Miniature Dachshund (it's a small puppy, but hey, all dachshunds are small), Golden Retriever, Beagle, Pug, Siberian Husky, Shih Tzu

Chihuahua & Friends

- Chihuahua, German Shepherd, Boxer, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Yorkshire Terrier, Shetland Sheepdog

Dalmatian & Friends (I have this too)

- Dalmatian, Boxer, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Yorkshire Terrier, Beagle

The two most special breeds in the game are the Dalmatian and the Jack Russel Terrier. You can ONLY get these breeds if you connect with someone who has that dog (or if you have the Dalmatian version obviously) OR by finding those breeds' special items on walks. Example, if you find a Fireman's Hat on a walk, the Dalmatian breed is automatically unlocked. If you find the Jack Russel Book, you get the Jack Russel Terrier breed (darn, I've been playing this thing every day for almost 3 months and haven't gotten the JR terrier yet...I got the Dalmatian by connecting with a friend). You cannot unlock either of these two breeds with trainer points unlike the others. Altogether including the rare breeds, there are 20 breeds in all.

Hope I helped!

My current dogs are...

Dachshund Version:

Shasta - (F) reddish colored dachshund (my very first puppy! and still my favorite!)

Cody - (M) pale sandy (or creamy) golden retriever. Very good at all competitions! Though he hasn't won the disc championship yet...

Jenna - (F) Medium beagle I guess? o_O She's got white legs, white chest, white muzzle, and the rest of her is brown/black

Lizzie (F) - yellow dachshund. Very active and cute.

Jacob (M) - Dark gray husky with a mark between his eyes that looks like a dark colored "+"

Danny (M) - yellow lab (I unlocked this one by connecting with a friend), for some reason I love his sweet innocent-souding bark (I say this cause Jacob has a deep bark that doesn't sound that puppy-like).

Christy (F) - black/brown dachshund (looks like a doberman), has a funny husky/rough little bark

Dalmatian version:

Deyna - (M) dalmatian that has only a few spots, and gray ears with a deep/rough bark.

Ginger - (F) pumpkin/ginger color golden retriever with a bark that sounds like it should belong to a smaller puppy (say, my dachshund Shasta -- who has the same bark/voice)

Caleb - (M) dalmatian with a LOT of spots and has a deep bark like Deyna and Jacob.

I still think it's easier taking care of dogs on ONE card instead of two like I'm doing right now. I'm wondering if maybe I should just get a dalmatian on my dachshund version that's basically the same as either Deyna or Caleb (cause I got enough girls on my dachshund version and already have a golden retriever) and quit playing my Dalmatian version. Cause it really IS troublesome taking care of so many dogs...what do you guys think?

I think it's a nice looking home. ^^ It was my starter home on my dachshund version and I love it! Though right now cause I miss being warm I ordered Seaside Paradise again. XD Yeah once you've paid for a home, you don't have to pay for it again if you switch.

I had the Seaside one, once. But I didn't like the fact that when it was night-time, it was still sunny at the Seaside. xD

It should go dark according to the time. ;P

I had the sea side home 2! I wish there was like a Jummpy house! You'de see your dogs hopping up and down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back