An Idea me

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it isn't just to meet online friends. It'll probably be more of a Tamagotchi Convention if anything.

I wish I could hold it where I live... it shows a big concentration of people on the map where I live. But of course my mom would be like, "You can't invite a bunch of strangers over to the burm! (it's a big, wide open space like right in our backyard.)"

Nummy-The one on the border of United States and Canada was just an idea. Thats why we came up with the Gudies each holding one, so in most cases it wouldn't be too far. Hm....about holding it at their house, we still have to work these things out. Hey, if you guys have any ideas please feel free to post 'em! :D
Rey Mysterio-I don't think it is overly dangerous. You'd have your parents with you, and as long as you stic by them nothing bad should happen. Going to the mall or a store is the same if you think aobut it; if you stick with your parents, you wont get lost or be endangered.

Also, if possible, tamagotchis could be on sale and maybe contests? It'd be soemthing big to hold, but it would be worth it! :D
My mum always go off while I'm not looking, so I lose her all the time. xD

I still don't feel too good about this, though. :B

My mom says to forget it. :)

The internet is an unknown, unsafe place to meet up with people you don't truly know.

I would love to meet my pals, but....

It's better safe than sorry, one says.

My mom says to forget it. :) The internet is an unknown, unsafe place to meet up with people you don't truly know.

I would love to meet my pals, but....

It's better safe than sorry, one says.
This may happen, that some people cant go. But usually if your with your parents, it's safe. Jsut think aobut it; like Storms said, I highly doubt that bad people would show up and do bad things. There would be hundreds of witnesses.

This may happen, that some people cant go. But usually if your with your parents, it's safe. Jsut think aobut it; like Storms said, I highly doubt that bad people would show up and do bad things. There would be hundreds of witnesses.
Yeah, that's totally true! :)

I'm sure somebody would be there to witness.

My Parents? They are like a shield, and I know that they would protect me.

My friends on Tamatalk are fantastic, and I'd be lucky to meet such people.

Yeah, that's totally true! :) I'm sure somebody would be there to witness.

My Parents? They are like a shield, and I know that they would protect me.

My friends on Tamatalk are fantastic, and I'd be lucky to meet such people.
Thats the spirit!

Also, we were thinking, at the conventions, Angelgotchi Fund raisers! And a small fee $5.00 to get in, and half the money goes towards admin, and half towards a gift for him.

Any ideas/comments/feedback?

Thats the spirit!
Also, we were thinking, at the conventions, Angelgotchi Fund raisers! And a small fee $5.00 to get in, and half the money goes towards admin, and half towards a gift for him.

Any ideas/comments/feedback?
Aww, thank you! :p

I think the fundraising idea is great!

Admin could use the extra support.

A little moneyfrom us all could go a long way. Fantastic!

We would get a LOT because if we do a door fee, and there are 60,000+ members, even if they all don't show, well, get a lot of money. Think 60,000x5?....
Plus, indoor fundraising, and tamagotchi sales.
Yes, we'd raise ALOT. Even if less than half show....there'd be alot of money!

Now we just got to think of gift ideas. But, not in this topic. xD He might see!!

Yes, we'd raise ALOT. Even if less than half show....there'd be alot of money! Now we just got to think of gift ideas. But, not in this topic. xD He might see!!
That's true. We would raise alot. And if we have the convention, and if there's a line, it wouldn't take forever! Yeah,maybe we could talk about this stuff for the Admin on chat (and make sure he's not there!).I'm excited already!x) But some people might be dissapointed if they don't get to go or if it's not held.

I think it would be a fun idea, but you have to remember this. The costs of flights and hotels are expensive. That's a lot of money for meeting people online. A lot of families don't have that kind of money, and so a lot of members wouldn't be able to go. Plus a lot, if not most parents wouldn't really go for the whole 'meet your online friends' thing. There's also the factor that Admin would have to rent out a venue for the convention to be held. Also a really pricey thing.

It also means parents, guides, Admin, and members would have to get time off work.

I know the reason I wouldn't be able to go is I don't have the money and I would probably have to work. Otherwise my friend and I would probably go XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I say it be a tamagotchi connection >.> I cant fly outta state for a tamagotchi connection even if I could. Waaay to Expensive, Im sticking to Local events.

Nice idea though

We would get a LOT because if we do a door fee, and there are 60,000+ members, even if they all don't show, well, get a lot of money. Think 60,000x5?....
Plus, indoor fundraising, and tamagotchi sales.
Less than a quarter of the members would probably go. How much money would it cost to throw this convention? A ton.

Holding it on the border of the US and Canada wouldn't make it easier for many people either. I would have to fly about seven hours, and I'm nowhere close to living the farthest away from the border of the US and Canada. There are many members who would have to fly 12+ hours.

I think a better idea would be to see if any tamagotchi conventions were already being thrown, and then maybe schedule a meeting place/day for tamatalk members at them.

But what would happen if someone pretended that they were someone else? for example, What if a girl reading this (say their username is mimitchi374637) came to the convention and told everyone that she was Tamagirl_Desy? how do we know if its really them, or a fake?

But what would happen if someone pretended that they were someone else? for example, What if a girl reading this (say their username is mimitchi374637) came to the convention and told everyone that she was Tamagirl_Desy? how do we know if its really them, or a fake?
That's one reason why I don't agree with this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back