Are tamagotchis...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...would it matter? I mean, if you love them so much, then you shouldn't be worried if its geeky or not, but I understand from taking it at another POV. To me, it's little and not so noticiable, so I wouldn't say it's geeky.

even though they were made in japan tamagotchi's aren't too geeky but you'll be geeky if your obbsessed with them :p

[SIZE=8pt]No! Tamagotchi's are NOT geeky! If anyone says stuff like 'tama's are geeky' and stuff then they are wrong[/SIZE]
wow you rock!!!!! :D

Tamagotchis aren't geeky.Infact,I am the only in my school that has a V4.5.Everyone wants to play with them and stuff.

:wub: like no way r tamagotchis geeky i have 16 of them and i love them all even myy 18 yr old mates play on them!!!! :angry: :angry: :blink:

Tamas geeky? I'm 25 and I love my v3 Tama! My family ignores the constant beeping, but I just do my own thing. I sure don't want any kids! Tamas are more convenient for me, cos they will stay asleep all night and not wake me up for anything! Just my opinion, though. :angry:

No Way! they are just like pets, if tamagotchi's become geeky then i guess pets in general become geeky too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two points:

1, If you want to play with your Tamagotchi and enjoy doing so, heck with other people's opinion! You have the right to play with them no matter WHAT.

2, In my opinion, Tamagotchi are cool, mainly due to the fact that if you have more than one live one, people will notice that you are responsible enough to take good care of them... so no, Tamagotchi are NOT geeky! Have you noticed how many people play with them?!?!

C'mon! Tamas, geeky? Never! I mean, my dad likes them, and plays with my brother's tamas and mine as well!. (Maybe because he's a computer tech guy...) They're still a common sight at my school! Anyone who proclaims tamas geeky has something wrong with them, because they're calling millions of people geeky!

Tamas are awesome!

they are so not geeky!! if you like to care for a pet, or have someone to play with in your pocket, then a tamagotchi is what you want! it can't be geeky - you don't have to do hard algebra or anything, lol

I find them geeky but i am geeky so ha ha ha. lol jking. I love Tamagotchis and if people call me a geek for that then they obviosly are jelous.

*Laughs uncontrolably* ... Tamas geeky? gomen nasi but that is the most stupid thing I have heard in my life! I'm 18 and have a V1 and a V4. I used to have a P2 but because I was young I left it out in the rain like an idiot. I actually used to have 2 V1's but one of them got milk spilled on it and ruined the electronics (actually they both did but one dried out). If I wasn't autistic I probably would have all four tamas working instead of shorting two out...

No, I don't think Tamagotchi are geeky. I've had my first V1 for a few years, and I loved it. I guess people think they are geeky because they think they're just useless electronics. A little saddening, I must say. But I wouldn't care if they were geeky; I wouldn't give ... I've said too much.

If a "geek" is someone who is modern, is into computers and electronics, then a tama is geeky, which I don't see as a bad thing. People who don't like geeks are maybe just backward.

I'd only wish tamas would be more interactive - they should be able to talk and possess some artificial intelligence. Holografic they should bge and float beside you ;)

If a "geek" is someone who is modern, is into computers and electronics, then a tama is geeky, which I don't see as a bad thing. People who don't like geeks are maybe just backward.I'd only wish tamas would be more interactive - they should be able to talk and possess some artificial intelligence. Holografic they should bge and float beside you ;)
Researchers are working on it. :D

Wait about 10 years, then I'm sure we'll have something that advanced.

As for interactive, robots are more your style then. Virtual pets, for some reason, have "lost their luster."

I do think Tamas are "geeky," but I don't mind that.

people think wverything is geeky nowadays. if osmeone doesnt fully understand a little offshoot hobby, its imedietly geeky.

take anime for instance. where i live, theres not a vast majority of anime fans, or even people who know what it is. and they right away say 'like pokemon?' like its their only example. so thats their image of anime, thus, anyone who likes anime must be geeky, though saying that... anime fans are a bit geeky :) i myself Am a little bit geeky... i like gadgets and unusual things (mainly form japan)

really if anything, they might say youre geeky for playing with tamas because it was once a craze way back when they were kids (im 18 and was enjoying the tamagotchi craze as a young'un)... so they assume thats its outdated, and kiddy. tends to show who were really fans of a product, and not just craze followers. ive seen a few crazes in my time.. and im still a fan of pokemon since it was a craze (i was 9 then) and tamagotchis (i was.. 7? when that was)... so yeah. really it shoudnt matter. i like lots of odd things and people may comment but i dint really care! :D if we cared what people thought of us all teh time wed never have fun.

They aren't geeky to me. However, some people might think they are. I just ignore them. To me, Tamagotchi's are The Best Toy Ever!

Good points:

-fun

-easy to take care of

-get their own personality

-they can connect

-they go to tamatown

-u can buy stuff

-they have kids even if you don't connect with them

-there are many, many versions and types

-there are many species

-they evolve

Bad points:

-they're expensive

-you can lose them easily

-uhh...I can't think of any more.

YAY TAMAGOTCHIS!!!

The coolest people in my school own tamas. Geeks would probably think that they are "Primitive inventions created with RP-200 Microchips"

In other words, Geeks would never like tamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back