Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, that's the exact thing I hate.
A poser of what?

The term 'poser' merely has started to infuriate me. If your innocently listening to metal because you love it, but you aren't a metalhead and don't say so, you're TTLY poser. like, lolwut?

Or, if you have a purple mohawk, and you aren't punk, your TTLY poser!!!!111
Okay... what you said makes no sense. Purple mohawks and listening to metal has NOTHING to do with being a "metalhead" or "punk". I didn't even say anything like that. Let me dumb it down for you :huh:

I said who ever calls them selves emo is a poser because emo is a type of music and you can't be a type of music.

What exactly is emo? Because I feel there's more to it than the stereotypical emo - write poetry a lot, wear black, hate life/the world/everything, etc. Is "emo" just short for emotional?

Last edited by a moderator:
99% of people who say they are emo are posers.

Okay... what you said makes no sense. Purple mohawks and listening to metal has NOTHING to do with being a "metalhead" or "punk". I didn't even say anything like that. Let me dumb it down for you :(
I said who ever calls them selves emo is a poser because emo is a type of music and you can't be a type of music.
No, it was just a general thing. That's what annoys me, you see, they have NOTHING to do with it, and they don't run around screaming "IMMA -insert stereotype here-" and they;'re just being them, until someone just shouts "OMFGPOSER."

I was just ranting on the term poser itself.

No, it was just a general thing. That's what annoys me, you see, they have NOTHING to do with it, and they don't run around screaming "IMMA -insert stereotype here-" and they;'re just being them, until someone just shouts "OMFGPOSER."
I was just ranting on the term poser itself.
See you're not reading my posts. I said..

WHO EVER CALLS THEM SELVES EMO IS A POSER.

Stop the bickering over who is emo and who isn't. This is petty and senseless. This is a BIG warning for the entire thread.

You guys need to learn to let others be. Who CARES if a person wants to think of themselves as emo. Or punk. Or preppy. Or any "stereotype" that exists in the world! It does NOT affect you personally, let it go. Stop creating problems where there really are none. Be who you feel you are, and let others do the same.

To my definition of emo, I am not. I usually enjoy life and I don't cut or have any intentions of killing myself. :angry:

No, I'm not.

@Pikachu Lover - Seriously, you are making yourself look like an idiot. I suggest you read over Princess08's posts. They make perfect sense.

No, I'm not. 

@Pikachu Lover - Seriously, you are making yourself look like an idiot. I suggest you read over Princess08's posts. They make perfect sense.
Okay? And since when would I care about what people over the internet think? Since never.

Okay? And since when would I care about what people over the internet think? Since never.
There are actual people behind the monitors, you realize that right?

There are actual people behind the monitors, you realize that right?
Ok what is with people not reading right these days! Duh I know people are behind the monitors! But am I ever going to meet them? Most likely NO! If I did I wouldn't know it!

Ok what is with people not reading right these days! Duh I know people are behind the monitors! But am I ever going to meet them? Most likely NO! If I did I wouldn't know it!
Okay, you're seriously out of line.

Usually reading this topic is rather amusing.

But you are stepping wayyyyyyy beyond the line of my tolerance.

There are real people beyond the computer screen.

It does not matter whether or not you will meet them.

They are real people with real feelings and real opinions.

And REAL common sense, which I feel that you are lacking.

What princess08 is saying is the truth. You need to listen to what she is saying instead of always coming back with "No, This -------- blasshhhhhh --------------- blah blah" and listen to the words of the post. At least she can write an opposing opinion, while getting the message across in a mostly kind way.

Which, I have noticed, you cannot.

Set away from the monitor for a while, get your thoughts together, calm down, for all I care take all of your anger and thoughtlessness out on me, but get yourself together and think about what you are saying before you post, because what you say has an impact on people whether you will meet them in real life or not.

I never said you'd be meeting them now did I?

We ARE reading your posts and we ARE reading them correctly. That's why we're quoting them and making a response to what you're saying.

If you know that there are people behind the monitors then why did you say you don't care about what we think? People have feelings, I hope you realize that as well.

Read Becca Juice's post and give her advice a try.

Ohmy. You have a nasty attitude.

I agree with Becca Juice 100%.

Im not emo, and personaly I think that classafing ppl because of the way they dress and what they listen too is wrong and can be offending to the person. Im more of a skater boy than anything. Yet I suck at skateboarding, isn't that ironic. But I still love skate boarding, ok im off topic... Bye :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back