Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some incredibly cheesy pictures of what looks like a future advert from Amazon UK

81KzMu0LX7L._SL1500_.jpg

81Bf2UL1b1L._SL1500_.jpg

81oU7pb3CZL._SL1500_.jpg

Do the buttons look yellow to anybody else?

These do confirm a few things though;

Mametchi has that awful sprite we hoped was a toddler

It has a gross blurry Tama-Go screen

Piantchi, Kiraritchi and Mametchi are raisable adults

Bandai have 0% idea how to market toys.
Those girls should like leave and just join a stupid phone commcel like Mametchi's head is way tttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo big O///O oops you can see it in their faces "I'm just doing this to get money because I need new outfits" gosh :(

Did anyone actually relize that this is just a proto type photo of the screens so its not mametchi's offical sprite lol they have just enlafged it ots likley to look different.

I think they actually shrunk him... Plus he is sitting on the ground like he was sick, getting ready to leave... Ect. Mametchi seems to change looks more often then people think. Mimitchi did a few times too. (among others)

No, actually characters in Tamagotchi Friends have this large heads or are large overall. It was a weird feeling to see a big kuchipatchi...

I dont know, eveything about these new tama is disapointing. Like the only thing I like is the new shell desigins on some..but other then that, will there be fun things to unlock as you raise more genertions? Any suprises at all? Ugh, it is too uch like the tama-go...

But I still need one. XD

Those adds are really funny though...

Still don't think it's like the Tama-Go, but that's just my view on it.

And I'm not surprised in the slightest that the characters are larger, but I thought we already new this information? It only makes sense... Bandai have been overcomplicating their characters since the release of Lovelitchi, of course the new characters' aren't going to fit according to the old size dimensions of an adult-stage character. And if they left the older characters with the same dimensions, that'd look odd and out of place. Color sprites are larger than the older ones, so it only stands to reason that these sprites should be too.

**ACK**

That...that advertisement. ._.

My eyes. Dx

Why is it just...very young girls. >_< And I'm 18...makes me feel "off" if I like it... :\

Too old for it? Ah well...hope I don't seem silly... :D

The sooner that people just completely accept that they do not fit the target demographic for Tamagotchi toys, the better. This target demographic is young preteen girls. The target demographic is NOT the only group of people that they are expecting to use their products, it's just where a large percentage of their market lies. Fact. You're not going to see an advertisement with a 10-something year old boy, a 20-something year old woman or a 30-something year old man, etc. Accept that, and move on.

I have to angree. Tamagotchi was never advertised as a thing for "everyone", even though we all love them. Bandai couldn't care less about our complaints.

Also, I'm scared that tamagotchi friends won't make it, not because of lack of items, but even as a virtual pet, it doesn't have that 'pet' feel anymore... The characters are overcomplicated and often look like humans lately. And with the wepisodes, they will be given persosnality. And you are supposed to clean up poop after that and watch out that they don't die.

I just know that kids would rather take care of an actual virtual pet or an monstroisz moster thig, like order tamas often were...

Well, kids who have never had Tamagotchis before probably won't care about no items...I expect Dream Town will be fun and interactive enough.

And what's wrong with the characters having personalities? (ಠvಠ) Dubbing anime scenes was a great idea. I like Tamagotchi characters to be lovable companions you can experience life with rather then pixelated pets with no personalities and emotions. I judge Tamagotchi characters by who they are, not what they look like, which is why I do not really think about how cute/unattractive Tamagotchis are and love them depending on their characteristics in the anime.

When I started watching the Tamagotchi anime, I could relate to many of the characters and I have developed strong bonds with some of them. I felt as if I was really in the show with the Tamagotchis and I wanted to join the adventures and help them with their problems. It made me love Tamagotchi even more; in fact, I even enjoy the anime series more than the virtual pets themselves. The cute characters are brought to life with similar feelings and situations that I have...it's just so wonderful~

I am sure that, like with me, the Tamagotchi Friends anime will encourage new fans to really get into the world of Tamagotchis. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The sooner that people just completely accept that they do not fit the target demographic for Tamagotchi toys, the better. This target demographic is young preteen girls. The target demographic is NOT the only group of people that they are expecting to use their products, it's just where a large percentage of their market lies. Fact. You're not going to see an advertisement with a 10-something year old boy, a 20-something year old woman or a 30-something year old man, etc. Accept that, and move on.
well your right but wrong.....

The target audience may seem like it's aimed for preteen girls HOWEVER, with this version they are trying to bring back the tamagotchi to hight of popularity again and have you ever noticed something? The craze at the moment is bringing what was popular in the 90s back again due to 90s generations of people who are missing the nostalgia of toys they had as a kid, hated as a teen and re-like as an adult again. This is evidence in pokemon, furby and my little pony who have been re born and saw great rise in popularity pokemon had its downfall when the 90s kids were teens and the fad was dying but now as adults remembering nostalgia (and less peer pressure ) the franchise is rising in popularity yet again but still purposely staying marketed to young children even though game freak know themselves that their fans are not all kids anymore. And look at furby and MLP they are both marketed for girls in their Tweens and look at the popularity from adults because of them staying what they were.. Kids toys.

Therefore it's obvious to see that bandai is trying to cash in to this as well people know of tamagotchi and remember it as the craze as a kid and tamagotchi,furby etc were never made for boys but ended up receiving a fan base that was for both genders and companies would think just by staying at its original target they will gain sales either way because fans will be willing to go to the end of the earth for what they love. bandai see this and by just simply going with the flow by marketing it to girls like furby is and adding webisodes (which are the most popular toy add on craze at the moment) they will just as normal try and pick up new fans while also without people realizing that the brand will spark up attention from people that used to have tamagotchi as a kid and will buy it out of nostalgia. The evidence is clear toys will be marketed for children but these days are bought by adults.

That's my two cents on this whole marketing scheme of bandai's i applude it but like any faze it will go out of style once it's over done lets just hope bandai aren't to late to fit in with this craze. And I agree with you Sam people need to accept it's not going to change despite the obviousness of it all but don't think bandai isn't targeting it to new fans completely there is a catch in their marketing logic.

Also a side note about tamagotchi looking like humans the human mind is made to recognise faces that's why we see faces in inanimate objects sometimes and we are conditioned to be attracted to what looks human that's why tamagotchi characters are looking more like humans because it attracts and relates to people especially girls who will think its cute looking.

https://uk.tamagotchifriends.com/2013/12/03/tamagotchi-now-on-pre-order-at-amazon/

It says... just before Christmas? :eek:

By the way... I was looking at the Spanish version of the site and there are like 5 news articles with weird pictures... :p I translated them with Google and I read something like, "The new Tamagotchi won't release in Spain until December 5 but until then, you can play as and interact with characters in Dream Town." So I assume you can use Dream Town without a Tamagotchi Friends toy?

Also, Tama-Friends are called Tamamigos in Spain which sounds really cool in my opinion. :D

Here are some of the strange pictures from the Spanish version of the site.

NUEVAS-FUNCIONES.jpg

Arte-despegando.jpg

Tamagotchi.jpg

@y7ak: You pretty much said in three paragraphs what I said in three lines. Tamagotchi Friends is marketed at preteen girls (target demographic), that's why preteen girls are shown in their advertisements. But Bandai isn't stupid, they know that they'll still have older generation fans who had Tamagotchis back in the 90's and current fans who still buy the Japanese Tamagotchis interested in this product as well. They're just not within the target demographic. And that's okay. :)

@EMF: I actually think that advertisement looks pretty good. The sprites look a lot better, too (Mametchi's head doesn't look that large, and the characters look really nice in greyscale, which the Tama-Go didn't have - gives them more detail and character.)

Not a fan of the obvious connection-era artwork that they've recycled and added anime Tamagotchis too, though. Looks a bit tacky.

@y7ak: You pretty much said in three paragraphs what I said in three lines. Tamagotchi Friends is marketed at preteen girls (target demographic), that's why preteen girls are shown in their advertisements. But Bandai isn't stupid, they know that they'll still have older generation fans who had Tamagotchis back in the 90's and current fans who still buy the Japanese Tamagotchis interested in this product as well. They're just not within the target demographic. And that's okay. :)
Yeah that was kinda the idea but you talked a bit more about the target being for girls and other people kept saying that it's targeted for girls and not for the fans at all when they should've etc etc but yeah i just wanted to give my opinion on the target audience ( which surprisingly went for longer than I expected.

I think complaining about the characters having personality is kind of a bad point to make sense the anime stuff isn't anything new, and we did have glimpses of the tamagotchi world before the anime too haha.

Though, you might have a small point. Tamagotchi had evolved into a character brand in Japan, in which it's much more then just a toy. I don't believe it's been something like that much here either haha.

I do think nostalgia in part is going to help sell it. While tamagotchi life was meant for the older fanbase, I have seen people on twitter say they are gonna buy it for their children because they fondly remember it.

I'm not saying that it's bad that characters have a personality. I'm saying that it's a kind of a weird concept when you think about it, because on Tamagotchi Friends you don't do much else than feeding and cleaning their poop, just like on the original versions. But the original versions had their own lore. Tamagotchi is a thing in which you have an alien and help him behave properly before he leaves back to his planet. On color versions, these characters actually do something else than starving and defecating- they have more of a life of their own, after all. And they are on their own planet already. I'm saying that the new characters just don't fit to be in a version with so little options, but...After all there will be Dream Town, anyway.

I might be just babbling because I'm on medications, sorry.

@EMF those images are weird yet cool XD I changed my mine about the Mametchi sprite it's better than I though I didn't like how they added Himespetchi sick but she's looks way awesome along with Kuchipatchi :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back