Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it seems that the Tama-go was swept under the rug if they are advertising tamagotchi like it's been decades since it's been released.
I don't blame them, it's not like the Tama-Go was much of a success anyway, haha. And that was three years ago too, which is a long time when it comes to technology, I guess. :)

I have a feeling that if the Tamagotchi Friends is a success (fingers crossed), they'll have no choice but to release a Tamagotchi with a colored screen... there's really only one way up from the TMGC Friends, and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't blame them, it's not like the Tama-Go was much of a success anyway, haha. And that was three years ago too, which is a long time when it comes to technology, I guess. :)

I have a feeling that if the Tamagotchi Friends is a success (fingers crossed), they'll have no choice but to release a Tamagotchi with a colored screen... there's really only one way up from the TMGC Friends, and that's it.
Yeah I have an odd suspicion as Japan has yet to release a new version and it would be too late to make a p's in English anyway so maybe they are getting tamagotchi popular with TF as a minor version then release a much newer updated version In colour to attract more fans (I honestly don't see how the Tama friends will attract younger fans when it's so... Ugh I can't be botherd we all know now what it's like from what we've heard)

Yeah I have an odd suspicion as Japan has yet to release a new version and it would be too late to make a p's in English anyway so maybe they are getting tamagotchi popular with TF as a minor version then release a much newer updated version In colour to attract more fans (I honestly don't see how the Tama friends will attract younger fans when it's so... Ugh I can't be botherd we all know now what it's like from what we've heard)
Well now that all Bandai Japan has to concentrate on Tamagotchi-wise is the Anime, making new Pierces for the P's and other random Tamagotchi products, it wouldn't surprise me if they were able to work on a new basic Color Tama for the US. Just a theory. But we'll have to see if TMGC Friends is even successful first, otherwise if there are any plans for a Color TMGC in the US, and TMGC Friends flops completely, I bet they'll be scrapped. :(

I'm sort of annoyed about how cheap they are in the US compared to the UK. I feel so ripped off. You guys could buy 2 for the equivalent of me buying 1.

I honestly am starting to worry this is not going to be worth the £25 I'm going to have to shell out for it, and its pretty irritating. I paid five pounds more for a Tamagotchi with a colour screen and a ton more features. I'd have no problem paying £15 for it, but £25 is seriously pushing it.

In UK usually everything seems a bit more expensive to be honest... And I'm not okay with that since Poland usually exports from the UK. :/ Like, the 3DS would cost me like 100$ if I could get it from the US, but nope, region lock, had to get it from the UK. Holla 300$.

The articles say that there are 24 adult characters...and there are 24 on the character page.

https://us.tamagotchifriends.com/characters/

...I can't BELIEVE Nandetchi isn't there! Maybe he's just at the park but you cannot raise him. Fooey!

Or maybe the news articles got confused with the character page and thought they were the raisable characters, when they were just the anime characters.

So baffling! D;

The articles say that there are 24 adult characters...and there are 24 on the character page.

https://us.tamagotchifriends.com/characters/

...I can't BELIEVE Nandetchi isn't there! Maybe he's just at the park but you cannot raise him. Fooey!

Or maybe the news articles got confused with the character page and thought they were the raisable characters, when they were just the anime characters.

So baffling! D;
Yeah, I thought the same... it would be interesting to see characters at the park that you cannot raise, though. I don't remember them doing that on the Tama-Go.

TamaTalkers living in the USA are lucky, $20 is pretty cheap. I don't think it's worth it to pay £25 for this kind of Tamagotchi.

I don't blame anyone in Europe for not wanting to pay those kinds of prices for it because I probably wouldn't either. I'm sure importing the US version wouldn't be any cheaper. I know that things like Steam games are also more expensive in the UK, too, and I have no idea why. I suppose you all can be glad you have higher minimum wage and better access to healthcare if that's any consolation. XD

They are more expensive because the amount of pounds equals the amount of dollars when it comes to the price of games. So now instead of paying 20$ for ACNL I have to pay 50$. Go figure.

To be honest, if its just a TamaGo with new characters and all, I'd rather wait a year and pay $20 for it. It looks pretty lame in my opinion now that I see all the features but its still pretty cool. I just hope the US version is a little different but I highly doubt it. The characters appeal to me, so I still want to get one...

I think most price hikes come from taxes, though, which I believe Europe has way more off due to socialized healthcare and education, which we in the US do not have. They're trying, but doing it in the wrong way if you ask me....

Anyway, we don't know if it'll be 20 per say, but they might even start off as being 30 in the US. Toys nowadays get pretty pricey for some reason or another. Especially licensed stuff, like Minecraft for example. 35 bucks for the torch in stores. 20 bucks for the light up redstone ore cube. So yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they had a high price on Tamagotchis here, too.

i pre-ordered one from toys'r'us in germany and it costs 30 € = $ 40. so the german price are twice as high than the us ones.

when i consider, that my ID L just cost 5 € more than the friends and the friends have so much less features, it's very expensive.

but hey, my last tama was the music star at the beginning of 2011 and before that, it was the V3 in 2006 - so it's been a while since i have played the last tama.

so i'm not so spoiled with the features of the coloured tamas and nevertheless looking forward for the arrival of my TF :)

maybe it's more fun to play with a 2nd TF. that's why i convinced my lil sister to buy one, too ;)

One reason it is more expensive is because in the US it might be $20 but when you pay for it tax will be put on at the counter so it might be like $23. In the UK the tax is included in the price so if I pick up a Tmgc friends for example and it says £25 on display, when I get to the counter they won't add any more prices onto it. Also taxes are higher in the UK as in the US healthcare costs but in the UK it is free as it is included in the taxes. And more taxes include people under 18 getting free dental care, and free braces (teeth braces!). There is much more but I think they are the reasons it is more expensive.

I haven't had time to keep up with everything, but when is the US release date suppose to be?

I haven't had time to keep up with everything, but when is the US release date suppose to be?
I'm in the USA, and it wont be coming out in here until Fall 2014. I really need to pre-order one from the uk or something, i have been too far behind in the tamagotchi community for far too long. I must get my friends into it aswell!

Ugh, it's going to be a long wait for it in the US, but $20 isn't bad at all. I suppose it would be worthwhile to wait instead of getting one from the UK for $40.

I'm impatient though, I'm going to feel the urge to get one. -_-

Yeah, it's gonna be a long wait but it'll give me time to work on my Furby collection and shore up the numbers a bit before I start collecting Tamagotchi Friends. So much cool stuff and not enough money to go around.

Yeah, it's gonna be a long wait but it'll give me time to work on my Furby collection and shore up the numbers a bit before I start collecting Tamagotchi Friends. So much cool stuff and not enough money to go around.
Tell me about it... there are so many things that I want to buy, but I'm just not sure which to buy when... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back