Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay on topic *cough*

If they made an app version for smart phones/ tablets (in color) would that suit for the people who don't care for the greyscale? (not to compare it at all to the current tama apps)

I am still looking forward to these. Regardless the negitive hype and low features.
Oh yes, indeed, I will be getting one for my collection. I just don't know how much enjoyment I'll get out of it after being so used to color screens. I guess I'll have to see. I pulled out one of my Tamagotchi Collections, put a new battery in it and turned it on to get myself into the swing of things. I also found my TamaGo and all my character figures. (I have them ALL and I haven't played with them all. Bad me. 9_9)

Look, I'll be the first one to jump Bandai's case if I think they're making dumb decisions. But we have to be realistic here. The Tamago was a huge failure. Now Bandai has to take baby steps in order to reintroduce Tamagotchi to the public. Release a cheap yet quality Tama now to get people hooked and pull out all the stops for the next release once a new audience is built. I wish this was a color model too but that may be unrealistic at this point. I plan to support Tama Friends and buy as many as I can. If these sell well the next release is almost sure to be a color Tama.
Seriously no one knew about the tamago that's why it failed therefore bandai could've released a English colour and just gotten news out and hype then release it they did it with furby and look at what a technological leap that was as no one remembers the failed HEY FURBY but remmember the 90s one does the hey furby pop into people's minds when they see furby today NO they see the old first furby.

Therefore bandai could have done something so much better yet for some odd reason chose not to.

I've been thinking why bandai has delayed release outside of Europe and I think it may be for market research I mean they could've released it in the us ages before but they did that with the Tama-go and that wasn't so successful so they are testing the waters with parts of Europe which seems to gain popularity on new toys fast (when monster high dolls were introduced to Spain the franchise became a bigger hit than before) if this is a slight success then bandai will probably just send them out to America it's just a insurance test to make sure nothing goes horribly wrong.

Their reasoning for no color too is probably because if they fail to reboot the tamagotchi it would be to big of a loss in money as the colour version would cost them just a bit more to produce than a greyscale.

What boggles me is why they made it so featureless as if a kid is going to be interested in this after 5 seconds. Doing what the p's did in grayscale would've been more effective especially in making money too.

*COUGH COUGH*

OK, I really think people are going crazy about "Lack of features" and "No colour". C'mon, guys! :/ I thought you were excited rather then complaining about lack of features and stupid stuff like that. *Cough* You should be happy that Tamagotchi is making a return, OK?! Seriously, one moment you're all excited and the next moment you people are driving me crazy. AHEM. AND THE ANIME WAS DUBBED PEOPLE. IT WAS DUBBED, OK?! ... *Ends rant*

-Tamacass

*COUGH COUGH*

OK, I really think people are going crazy about "Lack of features" and "No colour". C'mon, guys! :/ I thought you were excited rather then complaining about lack of features and stupid stuff like that. *Cough* You should be happy that Tamagotchi is making a return, OK?! Seriously, one moment you're all excited and the next moment you people are driving me crazy. AHEM. AND THE ANIME WAS DUBBED PEOPLE. IT WAS DUBBED, OK?! ... *Ends rant*

-Tamacass
Haha, I agree. :D What "features" does it need to have to make it interesting? You feed it. It has games. And it has the cutest little characters ever. That's all it needs to make it a Tamagotchi! I'm sure many kids will love looking after their own handheld pet. It doesn't need to have a million fancy things like iPads and video games do. I mean, goldfish don't play music and read you bedtime stories and they're still fun pets to have lol.

Option 1: No Tamagotchi

Option 2: New Tamagotchi

What would you prefer? JUST BE HAPPY THAT ENGLISH TAMAGOTCHI'S ARE BEING MADE AGAIN! Some people are too hard to please

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, before I want one, I need to know that 5 other characters that are girls besides Coffretchi can be raised lol

I still can't see many people complaining about the lack of colour.

Well, I'm the odd one anyway, since I don't really care about the english Tamagotchi franchise coming back or not, since my country wasn't introduced to many Tamagotchi-related things anyway- all we got was tamas from versions 3 to 5, is all. Also, terribly translated and buggy tamatown. I understand how someone would care though, so I'm not commenting on that.

I just still think they could try harder. I think some people just are not old to understand this yet- that bandai has making very bad marketing moves and is definitely not going to appeal to majority of customers.

Also, again, it's not only about the features, and no one is saying it has to be god-knows-what. Mixed features of connections would be fine. Except the small gameplay, the unit really has a bad quality of craftmanship.

Last edited by a moderator:
*COUGH COUGH*

-Tamacass
Are you ok I think you may be coming down with something I mean typing coughs must mean you have some real bad sickness I suggest you go see a doctor before you comment on any posts again ok?

Kids these days arent like the ones of the 90s they wont be interested in just caring for a simple pet like that not for too long anyway I guess well just see my opinion wont be changed that they shouldve done more and no one say they aren't trying to appeal to fans as they so are (without people realizing ) and if they arent then they should be . Becuase otherwize bandai arnt getting the picture

Today most kids have smarphones and all that, and there is already a wide range of virtual pets on them, all obviously having more features than a normal tamagotchi, and majority of them is free. I really don't see Tamagotchis outside Japan becoming a big thing again- heck, after all even the popularity of it in Japan is cooling down, from what I heard.

The "retro fever" doesn't really work when it comes to young audiences. Kids are different, they want the newest and most modern things, always. So there's that.

Are you ok I think you may be coming down with something I mean typing coughs must mean you have some real bad sickness I suggest you go see a doctor before you comment on any posts again ok?
^ Furbitchi: Nah, I just add it for effect. :p

And Jhud, just because all the new iPods and iPhones are being created doesn't mean they would screw the TF. Some kids might get intrested and spread it to their friends and so on! The world isn't just made of smartphones and stuff. ;) Be excited for this! IT'S THE RETURN OF TAMAGOTCHI, FOR THE LAST TIME. :angry:

-Tamacass

I don't have phones, iPads, or any of that stuff and anyway, I'm a huge fan of the Tamagotchi anime. :wub: I also love the characters a lot, which is why I prefer Tamagotchis to any other kind of virtual pet. I'm sure this Tamagotchi WILL be successful, among its target audience and true fans at least. ;)

I don't have phones, iPads, or any of that stuff and anyway, I'm a huge fan of the Tamagotchi anime. :wub: I also love the characters a lot, which is why I prefer Tamagotchis to any other kind of virtual pet. I'm sure this Tamagotchi WILL be successful, among its target audience and true fans at least. ;)
Nice, EMF! Good to see you positive about this Tamagotchi.

Even though I have a tablet, I don't really use it because there is practically no tamagotchi realated thing except for an app that costs 99 cents! :( and I have a 3DS XL to keep myself company. :p So anyway, off that topic, I think that a dubbed anime episode will appear each month (ex: episode 1: November. episode 2: December). Don't you think?

-Tamacass

Why the hell are you tell us this seriously NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME AS YOU your not their Target audience not everyone is so overly obsessed as you bandai are trying to get new fans and pick up old ones that were fans as little kids your no expert to say how this version will turn out or not no one knows until see what happens.

I personally hope it will but I'm doubting it as bandai aren't thinking it through enough

Ah yes, I understand that not everyone loves Tamagotchi as much as I do but let's not get this to be like the Tama-Zone topic lol.

BTW I looked at Mr. Blinky's teardown of the Tamagotchi Friends on Tama-Zone and you can remove the flaceplates. I used a knife and almost cut myself. :\ But at least I got it off! The plastic is very thin and it almost looked as if it would break when I was getting it off. Luckily it was much easier to put back on! It would be cool to switch faceplates, especially of the iD L-themed ones.

n457.jpg

Why the hell are you tell us this seriously NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME AS YOU your not their Target audience not everyone is so overly obsessed as you bandai are trying to get new fans and pick up old ones that were fans as little kids your no expert to say how this version will turn out or not no one knows until see what happens.

I personally hope it will but I'm doubting it as bandai aren't thinking it through enough
OK, OK. Now calm down. We can get off that kind of aggressive topic, OK? Good.

Any who... Who's interested in the Dubbed anime? I mean, it's actually AWESOME!!! :D

-Tamacass

PS: It is EMF's opinion, OK? That's what she thinks. ;)

OK, OK. Now calm down. We can get off that kind of aggressive topic, OK? Good.

Any who... Who's interested in the Dubbed anime? I mean, it's actually AWESOME!!! :D

-Tamacass

PS: It is EMF's opinion, OK? That's what she thinks. ;)
The dubbed anime hasn't impressed me to be honest >n<.

I'm happy we're getting it, but we have to wait a month for 3 minutes. We get a 30 minute episode of the anime every week =n=.

I love the voices though, they all suit the characters really well... apart from Kuchipatchi who sounds too feminine for who's meant to be the most masculine character ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽.

Ah yes, I understand that not everyone loves Tamagotchi as much as I do but let's not get this to be like the Tama-Zone topic lol.

BTW I looked at Mr. Blinky's teardown of the Tamagotchi Friends on Tama-Zone and you can remove the flaceplates. I used a knife and almost cut myself. :\ But at least I got it off! The plastic is very thin and it almost looked as if it would break when I was getting it off. Luckily it was much easier to put back on! It would be cool to switch faceplates, especially of the iD L-themed ones.

n457.jpg
I really like this! It would be fun switching out the iD L faceplates with each other... if only I liked the iD L faceplates =w='. At least this means I can get that gross dirt out from the grooves that mine came with >/w\<

n457.jpg
I'm just not gonna even comment on how mad that comment makes me...

Aaaaaaaaannnnyyyyway.

I really think the faceplate thing is cool it would be awesome to make a clear version of the faceplate and put Tama-go plates in it I really wish you could remove the face on the p's like that though.

I'm just not gonna even comment on how mad that comment makes me...
Sorry, I was joking before. owo;;;;

Anyway, I have unlocked Cake Catch on my Friends! Could the other game be unlocked by getting all the jewels? I was also thinking that you can unlock both games by getting the BFF meter full without having to collect any jewelry lol but I'm probably wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back