Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to pop off the front of my Friends but it isn't working... maybe the English ones are constructed differently >n<.

The faceplate thing sounds cool!

(I wonder if Bandai will roll out replacement faceplates with different designs later on.)

I suspected that the faceplate is removable. It's a good thing if the buttons get dirty or something, and yeah, I'd love to see if Bandai released new designs like this. This way if someone likes the new design more than the one they already got, they don't have to pay the full price.

Just been to harrods, I thought while I was there I might as well look for an idle (I've already got one, but I thought I might get another), but u couldn't find them anywhere, so I picked up some skylanders. Anyway when I was lining up to pay there were TFs on the till, so I picked up another one. So I got 2 now! I'll do a video of bumping and upload it to youtube :) also it's looks like they are a big success so far, it had this little sticker on the till that said "Star buy" with a pic of the TF next to it, there were loads gone and when I was paying for it, the man behind the counter said "ah, tamagotchis! Everyone is getting these In here!" And that is great as right near the toy section are smartphones and tablets, so it looks like there is a chance for a Tamagotchi Friends 2!!

Just been to harrods, I thought while I was there I might as well look for an idle (I've already got one, but I thought I might get another), but u couldn't find them anywhere, so I picked up some skylanders. Anyway when I was lining up to pay there were TFs on the till, so I picked up another one. So I got 2 now! I'll do a video of bumping and upload it to youtube :) also it's looks like they are a big success so far, it had this little sticker on the till that said "Star buy" with a pic of the TF next to it, there were loads gone and when I was paying for it, the man behind the counter said "ah, tamagotchis! Everyone is getting these In here!" And that is great as right near the toy section are smartphones and tablets, so it looks like there is a chance for a Tamagotchi Friends 2!!
Me too. It's awesome isn't it?!

Anyways, as Pashlin said, you do have to wait each month for a 3 minute webisode to appear on the website. It's kinda tiring, considering I do get VERY impatient. O_O; I don't really like all the smartphones, iPods and blah blah blah... I THINK TAMAGOTCHI FRIENDS DOES HAVE A CHANCE!!! (Please don't get angry, Furbitchi! -_- )

-Tamacass

Although electronics (smartphones, iPhones, iPads, etc) are popular, people, especially hipsters will be like #feelingnostalgic, gotta buy a tamagotchi, you know XD And it would be popular with little girls as well, so just because smartphones are more popular it doesnt mean tanagotchi is gonna fail, whats wrong with having both of them :)

Considering harrods is a shop mainly for rich people (I mean a glass of water is £5, which is equal to about $8... COME ON THAT IS WAAAAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!)... But anyway more examples, a 50th anniversary dalek is normally £40, in there it's £60. I'm a big fan of skylanders where they are normally £15 for a deluxe figure (swapper) there it is £24.99. So it is good that TF had only increased by £5 as it is normally £25, but there it is £30. So if someone is out there with their children, it might be the cheapest option to get a TF (if they want something electronic) I mean like when I was lining up to pay someone said "wow, that's cheap! Only £30" I though they were joking, but they were being serious!

Considering harrods is a shop mainly for rich people (I mean a glass of water is £5, which is equal to about $8... COME ON THAT IS WAAAAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!)... But anyway more examples, a 50th anniversary dalek is normally £40, in there it's £60. I'm a big fan of skylanders where they are normally £15 for a deluxe figure (swapper) there it is £24.99. So it is good that TF had only increased by £5 as it is normally £25, but there it is £30. So if someone is out there with their children, it might be the cheapest option to get a TF (if they want something electronic) I mean like when I was lining up to pay someone said "wow, that's cheap! Only £30" I though they were joking, but they were being serious!
I don't get why people shop in Harrods for things they could find in any other shop >w<. Its so expensive.

I don't get why people shop in Harrods for things they could find in any other shop >w<. Its so expensive.
I know! I think it's just to be able to say "I shopped at harrods", but then again, just lie XD I'm just happy to be able to go into a shop and buy a tamagotchi again! I remember buying an idle off eBay for £120 and then finding out that they sold it at harrods fr £60, I was so gutted!!!!

Oh I almost forgot to post this, for anyone still worrying about the 25 day life cycle, it isn't true an average life cycle is 6 days.

Age 0: born

Age 1 hours: Toddler

Age 1 day: Teenager

Age 2-3: Adult

Age 5-6: married & have baby

Age (1 hour after marriage & baby): Adult leaves

- life cycle starts again

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I almost forgot to post this, for anyone still worrying about the 25 day life cycle, it isn't true an average life cycle is 6 days.

Age 0: born

Age 1 hours: Toddler

Age 1 day: Teenager

Age 2-3: Adult

Age 5-6: married & have baby

Age (1 hour after marriage & baby): Adult leaves

- life cycle starts again
thanks for the life cycle TTD! I wanted to know because when I downloaded the instruction manual, it didn't say the life cycle. :(

Anyways, are you going to do a bumping video? Because I would like to know how it does it! ;)

Thanks again!

-Tamacass

That's pretty amazing they are selling well has the TVC aired yet? I thought they might sell ok being in Europe but that sounds even better well hope it keeps selling well

That's pretty amazing they are selling well has the TVC aired yet? I thought they might sell ok being in Europe but that sounds even better well hope it keeps selling well
Nice! That's great spirit, Furbitchi! :)

Hey, does anyone know if the TF will be on shelves in Aussie stores? I'll probably email Bandai UK to check.

I totally cant wait until my TF arrives! It probably will arrive in Jan, just in time for Tama Town to open!

-Tamacass

Nice! That's great spirit, Furbitchi! :)

Hey, does anyone know if the TF will be on shelves in Aussie stores? I'll probably email Bandai UK to check.

I totally cant wait until my TF arrives! It probably will arrive in Jan, just in time for Tama Town to open!

-Tamacass
Bandai uk doesn't supply Australia funtastic does as they own bandai au currently

I'd sent a message a while ago and they told me they didn't even know about the TF they only knew about the idl so the TF is likely to come to Au closer to American launch I mean there isn't even a American TVC released yet just a British one so America is most likely going to do their own marketing planning then Australia will get the same thing

Do remember it takes much longer for us to get everything because electronic devices need to have legalisation to be sold and then the toy safety check plus the big fat G printed on every box (even though furby got of scotch free for some reason I haven't even seen any safety measures printed on the toy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. But I don't know if there will be a "Big fat G" on the package. Anywho...

Who cant wait for the new Tama Town? I always used to play on the V4 tama town with my pink V4 (Lost now). This will bring back great memories! :D

I really want my TF to arrive now. Tomorrow is new year's eve and it's a holiday so of course, my TF will arrive next year, in January. -_-

-Tamacass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back