Boyfriends/girlfriends

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WEBKINZmaster

Reaction score
A ton of ppl have boyfriends and i dont. I feel weird. When did you first get in a relationship?? Am i behind?? Help me please!!!

There is no rush to be in a relationship, all my friends had boyfriends before I did, but when I was 15 I found someone I was serious with and it ended up lasting longer than any of theirs did.

Relationships aren't about an age, its when you find the right person.

Fifth Graders have Boyfriends now.

I'm in no rush to get one. People have 'em all around me, my friends have 'em, but I don't want one. T_T

Just because others are having relationships doesn't mean you need to. Some people just do it so that they can have the prestige of having a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", even if they really don't like the person who they're with. Take your time to find the person right for you, don't be pressurized to date. :D

Chatterbox

Honestly, EVERYONE gets into a relationship when it's their time to do so. For some, it happens early in life. I started dating in 7th grade, actually going out on dates with my boyfriend at the time...our families drove us, but you know :lol: .....and before that I had wht I call "school boyfriends" in elementary school. The downside to dating from an early age is tht you have to go through a TON of heartbreak. The vast majority of your relationships at that age are not going to work out, for obvious reasons, so there are benefits to waiting a bit longer to agonize over not having a guy.

Relationships are not always just fun, easy, and amazing. I've had very bad experiences before and been in fairly dangerous situations as a result. You really need to be prepared for the stress, occasional drama, hard work, and compromise that is involved with relationships...because all those things come along with all the truly wonderful aspects of being in love with someone! :lol:

I was in my first relationship when I was 16 and it lasted for around 2 years. Definitely no rush to get a boyfriend or girlfriend, and you certainly aren't far behind. You'll find someone decent I'm sure :lol: Just keep in mind what we've said.

I have a boyfriend right now, and I am in grade 8. Too young? Maybe a little, but dude, I like him, seriously. So I said yes anyways.

I dont really like anyone in my grade. I used to, but he is gone now. I hope when I get highschool things will change.

I had my first boyfriend in grade 7, it lasted 9 months.

Then I went out with another boy late last year, he lives down the street. I heard some stuff about why he was dating me, which I still don't know are true or not. I broke up with him because he was being a REAL jerk to my friends.

Right now I'm single, but I loved dating. I can't wait til highschool, there will hopefully be better guys.

Right now I'm single, but I loved dating. I can't wait til highschool, there will hopefully be better guys.
Hah, in high school, there are just more of the same losers. :lol:

But! There will be those few special ones, and Im sure one that is right for you. High school dating seems to work better because there are so many different people there is bound to be on that is what you need.

^^ Tons of the guys here at my school are losers. Some of them are nice, and actually care. But with those ones, they're like my best friends, and going out with them would be rather weird.

Anyways, I'm almost thirteen, in eight grade, and have not been in a serious relationship. And I don't want to, at least not for a while. As boy-crazy as I used to be, I've moved on. I've decided to just enjoy life and take everything as it comes. I'll find the right person with time.

First of all, how old are u? If ur like 10 or something, that's a little early for a boyfriend. I'm 12 and I dont have one yet (in grade 2 I had a "boyfriend", but I was just playing around and so was everyone else when they say they have boyfriends. 7 and 8 year olds really dont understand the true meaning of boyfriend and girlfriend). If ur, lets say, 13 and u still don't have one, don't worry. Everyone matures at different stages and gets boyfriends at different ages (stages, ages. It rhymes! lol :lol: ).

Don't worry, sometimes I feel like I'm a little behind too, when some ppl in my grade 6 class already have boyfriends/girlfriend. By the way what do u do if u like someone but he doesn't like u back? I like this person in my class but everyone says he likes another girl (no one in my class knows that I like him, by the way, at least, I hope not). I'm not too upset, amazingly, as I'm sure someone else will be extremely upset if someone they like likes someone else. But what do I do?

I hope I helped answer ur question but will someone answer mine?

Don't worry, sometimes I feel like I'm a little behind too, when some ppl in my grade 6 class already have boyfriends/girlfriend. By the way what do u do if u like someone but he doesn't like u back? I like this person in my class but everyone says he likes another girl (no one in my class knows that I like him, by the way, at least, I hope not). I'm not too upset, amazingly, as I'm sure someone else will be extremely upset if someone they like likes someone else. But what do I do?
I hope I helped answer ur question but will someone answer mine?
If he doesn't like you there isn't a lot you can do. You could always drop hints, or try flirting, but if his heart is set on someone else there isn't a lot that can be done.

Your not behind, your probably just a little young.

Everyone in your grade right now probably has a boyfriend/girlfriend for the heck of it.

Just stay back from it until your old enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, how much I wish I was allowed :eek: It sucks. I'm 14 soon and I'm not allowed. I've had the whole talk with my mum and trying to persuade her to change her mind, but she won't. I'm still not allowed to have a boyfriend until I'm 16. I know, I know. Sometimes its best to wait, but I don't think thats right for me.

I mean, seriously. I am like the only person I know of my age who has never had a boyfriend. When my mum was my age, I don't think she had great expiriences with boys, so she's trying to force that on me.

Don't be into a rush to get into a relationship, I can promise you that your time will come. :kuribotchi: I mean, I don't even WANT a relationship, and I'm 13. It's too much trouble for me right now. So.. I'm breaking up with him tonight. But I'm scared that he will be sad or something. ;) Love is SO CONFUSING. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back