CNET News comments on tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*TamagotchiCreated in 1996 by Aki Maita, Tamagotchi made manufacturer Bandai an absolute fortune. It was hugely successful and spawned countless clones. It was the must-have toy of its day. Why is it an example of terrible tech? Because it was intensely irritating.

You looked after a tiny pixellated cretin who, after eating a variety of oversized meals, left piles of dung in one corner of his screen, each as large as the creature it came from. Owners could then punish the little swine or feed it more food. It would also wake up at 7am demanding you clean the huge load it created while you were sleeping.

The little beggars disrupted classroom after classroom, caused fights in the playground and even spawned nanny services -- where unemployed housewives charged kids their pocket money to look after the useless b******* while their owners were at school.

Nothing this pointless should be spared the stinging lash of geek revisionism, regardless of its commercial success.*

This news story was posted by CNET News in 'Top ten terrible tech products'. I totally disagree with them. I am nso outraged!
Wow :eek: That is really mean . I didn't know that news critics could actually make those kind of comments , and say those kind of words. I think we all know they're wrong though. Tamagotchis are fun. These words sound like they're coming more from an angry teacher , rather than C-Net news :D Anyways , do you have a link? I'd like to check this out for myself :D

Thanks for sharing , kinda :eek:

//R.Co

Hmm, I'm on both sides here.

I mean, I agree that they are entitled to their opinions. Everyone has a different mindset and obviously tamagotchis are not their thing. However, if they were going to say things about the product like that they shouldn't have used such horrible language. I also feel like they should have written something constructive, how they think it could be improved. Personally I love the Tamas just as they are, but if CNET didn't they should have atleast tried to say SOMETHING about ways to make it better.

Honestly, I'm just very dissapointed in their lack of maturity here. No one who's out of grade school (low grades, I mean) should talk like that.

I'm sorry I say this but...
Don't listen CNET. They're just a buncha computer dorks who will only give good ratings to the latest Dell they enjoy.

Usually dorks don't understand V-Pets like us.

And yes, they are a little demanding. My mom told me that my older cousin once had a Tama, and my aunt would look after it all the time.

I'm sorry but they're just dorks.
I coulden't agree more,that's just there opinion anyway.Who cares what they say?

Don't let other people's opinions get to you, just shake it off. We like Tamagotchis, that's all that matters.

*TamagotchiCreated in 1996 by Aki Maita, Tamagotchi made manufacturer Bandai an absolute fortune. It was hugely successful and spawned countless clones. It was the must-have toy of its day. Why is it an example of terrible tech? Because it was intensely irritating.

You looked after a tiny pixellated cretin who, after eating a variety of oversized meals, left piles of dung in one corner of his screen, each as large as the creature it came from. Owners could then punish the little swine or feed it more food. It would also wake up at 7am demanding you clean the huge load it created while you were sleeping.

The little beggars disrupted classroom after classroom, caused fights in the playground and even spawned nanny services -- where unemployed housewives charged kids their pocket money to look after the useless b******* while their owners were at school.

Nothing this pointless should be spared the stinging lash of geek revisionism, regardless of its commercial success.*

This news story was posted by CNET News in 'Top ten terrible tech products'. I totally disagree with them. I am nso outraged!
You are so wrong tamagochis are the best they are so fun you should get one

thats so nasty! they're just jealous of us and our tamagotchi lovingness. if that made any sense to you.....

I know what the "b******" part there means.They said a bad word.They said "b*tches".Those smelly, horrible mean dorks!I know people are free to say their opinions, but not in a "saying unnapropriate words" way.If some young kids (something like 7 years old or something) saw it, they will start asking their older siblings what is that word and they start using it.If CNET said it in a nice manner, I won't get mad.They should be arrested.

How could they call my little Chi a swine >.< and insulting its poop. It's made me so sad they spoke so horribley of my little Chi. It's ok if you don't like them but you don't have to go over board and make fun of it and calling it bad words. How could they use bad words on the news. Why do they make such a big deal of something so cute and harmless. They arn't going to kill anyone :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the other 9 products listed? You should see what they did for the Sony Rootkit CDs ( :D )

that is not only a cruel thing to say about tamagotchis, but it is insulting to the people you like them. i think that i speak for everyone on this TT by saying that the people who wrote this are cruel people with no imagination and are unable to love anything but people. maybe not even people.

That was mean i bet they where just annoyed because they didnt think up tamas and get alot of money! ;) :D :furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back