CNET News comments on tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow they are dorks.I mean, what they say about the skill points, its like you are saying to a child something like this:

Random person:You are a waste of my time.I need to guide you to school, teach you things, keep you happy and feed you.If you do not learn, you will be a stupid, ugly, nobody.

Well,Im a BIG tama-lover and i take care of them.I even have a Mametchi!!!!(p.s. my freind is girl and has 1 tama.I have 4 tamas.)

And, for Tamagotchi for Gameboy:
Well, to be fair, the Tamagotchi Gameboy game was pretty bad. The translation was horrible, and the in game instructions barely made sense. I think most of the appeal of Tamagotchis is the fact that they are on all the time, much like a real pet. They keep growing even if you're not constantly watching them. The Gameboy version was only active when you turned on the system. So a game where you basically sit around and wait for a little blob to do something isn't very fun. I admit that the different skill competitions were fun, but that was about it.

And as for CNET and others who hate Tamas, who cares? Just go about your life enjoying what you like to do, and don't worry about what others think so much. Some people will just never understand why you like Tamagotchis, and that's okay. You may find something they enjoy very boring, and that's fine too. People have different hobbies. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. CNET does not know what they're talking about. Well of course it is an opinion, but not only are tamagotchis fun, I think they actually teach responsibility! :furawatchi:

*TamagotchiCreated in 1996 by Aki Maita, Tamagotchi made manufacturer Bandai an absolute fortune. It was hugely successful and spawned countless clones. It was the must-have toy of its day. Why is it an example of terrible tech? Because it was intensely irritating.

You looked after a tiny pixellated cretin who, after eating a variety of oversized meals, left piles of dung in one corner of his screen, each as large as the creature it came from. Owners could then punish the little swine or feed it more food. It would also wake up at 7am demanding you clean the huge load it created while you were sleeping.

The little beggars disrupted classroom after classroom, caused fights in the playground and even spawned nanny services -- where unemployed housewives charged kids their pocket money to look after the useless b******* while their owners were at school.

Nothing this pointless should be spared the stinging lash of geek revisionism, regardless of its commercial success.*

This news story was posted by CNET News in 'Top ten terrible tech products'. I totally disagree with them. I am nso outraged!
Wow. That is pretty harsh. Hopefully CNET news realizes their massive mistake an change their mind. in the mean time , we just have to stick to what we know ; that tamagotchis are fun virtual pets that deserve the time of day just like humans.

I wonder if Bandia knows what CNET news said. I wonder if they are upset.

I dont think they were talking about the v4/v4.5/v5. Maybe the v1 or v2.

They did mention 1996 , which was when the first tamagotchi was made.

Now tamagotchis are improved now ...

- Kathrine.

I don't really care what some nerdy lowlife computer nerds think. If all they do is sit and talk about how much they hate Tamagotchis then they need a life. Nobody cares what they think.

hey if this annoys anyone dnt let it get you dwn their just a bunch of dorks with no life that need to do more research on Tamas tamas4life!

WHY WILL THEY THINK THIS!!!!!!!!! THE CNET NEWS COMPANY SUCKS!!!!! THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TAMAGOTCHIS ARE BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!!!!! CNET NEWS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi:

*TamagotchiCreated in 1996 by Aki Maita, Tamagotchi made manufacturer Bandai an absolute fortune. It was hugely successful and spawned countless clones. It was the must-have toy of its day. Why is it an example of terrible tech? Because it was intensely irritating.

You looked after a tiny pixellated cretin who, after eating a variety of oversized meals, left piles of dung in one corner of his screen, each as large as the creature it came from. Owners could then punish the little swine or feed it more food. It would also wake up at 7am demanding you clean the huge load it created while you were sleeping.

The little beggars disrupted classroom after classroom, caused fights in the playground and even spawned nanny services -- where unemployed housewives charged kids their pocket money to look after the useless b******* while their owners were at school.

Nothing this pointless should be spared the stinging lash of geek revisionism, regardless of its commercial success.*

This news story was posted by CNET News in 'Top ten terrible tech products'. I totally disagree with them. I am nso outraged!
Thats very mean and im very upset with them :)

You have to remember: the writer of the article might not have known a thing about the modern Tamagotchi, and was simply writing based on what he saw around him with Tamagotchi pets (kids playing with a beeping electronic toy), or based his opinion entirely on what somebody else told them to write.

Besides, most of the people viewing that article spent most of their time debating on Vista being a failure or not. :wub:

~OM21

Everyone has there own opinion. But really, [SIZE=21pt]DID THEY HAVE TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!????? I MEAN, THEY REALLY SHOULDN'T DO THAT!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] ;)

See my forum at www.tamaforums.forum0.net

I had no idea that they had even talked about tamagotchi's like that, but that is really mean! I totally disargee with everything they are saying, and if they had a tamagotchi and played with it then they would know that it is not a useless toy, it is really fun! God, I hate those people.

OMG DO THEY FILTER THIS STUFF im telling bandai about this :D

I HAVE THREE QUESTIONS

1. who checked this stuff before it went on the air

2.why tamas beacause banai didn't pay them or something

3. Why are people so mean

I'M VERY ANNOYED

I'm here to help :D

I'm outraged too! :angry: :angry:

I'm almost positive they didn't do anything to find out more about tamagotchis. They probably didn't DO reserch, they probably never had a tamagotchi of their own, or they would know that they don't wake at seven AM or poop in their sleep. They're saying bad things about the tamagotchi because they have nothing better to show on their news channel. o_O Just like when (I forgot the name of the news channel) this news thing accused the spongebob cartoon of being ... because spongebob and patrick held hands!

They just don't have anything better to show or fuss over. <_<

I disagree with CNET's opinion. The only time a tamagotchi gets annoying is if you are doing something that requires complete silence and concentration. Of course then there's the pause button. Also I don't think anyone has had a tama poop in it's sleep. I know I haven't. These people have most likely only played with an original tamagotchi not an updated one.

Oh come on. News shows just like reporting bad stuff you know. And when they can't find anything bad they make a good thing look bad by voiceing stupid opionions than 1 in 1,000,000 people agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back