Depression

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I don't have depression but sometimes I just feel so low.I know I shouldn't- I have everything I need and everything I want but sometimes I'm just down in the dumps. :/ It's hard to pick myself up sometimes... The other sunday I was just not happy- nothing made me mad or sad or anything it was just kind of a bored dispair and I feel bad for that effecting my family [the worst part V.V].

Currently I'm feeling pretty good though- thank goodness! ^^
yeh, sometimes I feel that too, but I am always feeling better by the end of the day ^_^

When people say they are depressed, most of the time they are just going through a short mood swing. Those happen ALOT during puberty. (Trust me, I'm a sad 12 year old who started puberty nearly 3 years ago.) I remember when I my parents told me we were going to travel for the weekend, the same weekend as a birthday party I was invited to. The fit I threw was unimmaginable. The day after that I started my period. It's just a part of life. Deal with it. ^_^

Ah... yes depression a thing that controls my life for most of the year other then the summer months. In my last year of highschool I was really depressed and even thought of suicide. It didn't help that I was listening to music that talked of suicide. I would cut myself but of course no one ever knew that but me. Spring came and my depression lifted. Every year its the same I'm happy until winter comes then I go into depression again. Events that have happened in my life are the reason I'm all messed up. I don't have any friends other then two good friends I have. My father is crazy, if I had grown up around him... well lets just say I wouldn't be here right now. I suffer from social anxiety. I don't talk to people in the outside world. Its to the point I don't even answer my own important phone calls because I don't know how to react to them. To top things off I might haveAsperger's Syndome. More things that are screwed up with PockyGirl. So I'm glad its summer and I'm content at the moment but I know it won't last it never does. Sorry for the little rant, I needed to get that out.

Well this year i've been throught stages....i got bullied ((really vrible abuse from my friend))and i've got picked on....One of the people i thought was my best friend hated me...so yah i was said alot of the year....but i am happy alot! :D

Alot of people call me a big mouth ;) in a good way! i talk alot!and i talk really load!lol my moms familys laud! i a good way!

Well, I'm pretty depressed... I mean, I haven't really been "diagnosed" with depression or given any medicine, or told so by my psychiatrist. My dad moved to California a few weeks ago. My parents were divorced for a few years first, but they at least got along. I used to see my dad every other weekend. Now I'm probably only going to see him during school breaks...

My mom and stepdad don't get along. They fight a lot, mostly at night. I've also had some bad insomnia. I fall asleep at around 1 a.m. and wake up at around 9:30 a.m.

I had to go through a LOT of harrassment at the school I just went to this past year (6th grade, I'm going into 7th this school year). The 6th grade school (Let's call it school W) was part Catholic, but they let non-Catholic students in. My classmates tried to convert me CONSTANTLY. I was always getting asked why I wasn't like them, and they always tried to tell me that I should convert. I got a lot of "You're going to Hell" (No, it's not a bad word. It's only bad if you use it like "What the he**?" since it's an actual religious location), "You'll become a better person if you convert," and a LOT of discrimination. I actually found a girl who wasn't Catholic in the 7th grade who went to the school that I went to before school W (school G). (School timeline: SchoolG->schoolW->schoolG) I had a lot of trouble with the homework, too. I was bored because the work was too easy, but no one seemed to understand that. I would try to explain it to teachers, but they refused to give me harder work (even though at the beginning of the year the school promised to give me harder work if I needed it). The kids made fun of me for it, too. They would ask what grades I was getting, I would say "I don't know, C's and B's?" and they would say "Oh, I thought you were smart, why aren't you getting straight A's then? I thought the work was easy!" and stuff... Grades really don't mean you're smart or dumb. You could be a straight A student but kind of slow, and vice versa. I'm not saying that's always true, but it can be. This one girl overheard me asking the Language Arts teacher for harder spelling words on the spelling tests and harder work, and the teacher said she'd think about it. So I walked away from the desk and the girl started saying (in a really mean voice) "Oh, I'm tamakitty (name replaced with username), I need harder work because I think I'm better and smarter than everyone! Blah blah blah!" and it made me really upset. I almost cried, and she just kinda went "Uh!" (that weird noise that people snub each other with) and walked away. The only person who understood me was that girl in the 7th grade.

Math was a whole different story. My strong points are more math and English things, not artsy or physical things. I was doing all the problems in my head and not putting things on paper, so the teacher took points off for it. I tried putting everything on paper, but when I did, I got the wrong answer. So I just wrote down the equation and did the problem in my head, and she took points off for not doing the thing her way. I was used to being able to do things your own way, as long as you got the same answer and didn't just use a calculator. So I tried to do it her way, (and I guess you could only do it on paper and show the actual equation) but I kept getting everything wrong, so either way I would lose points. I tried asking her for harder work (We did circumferences that year, I did circumferences for the first time in 2nd grade), but she gave me a lecture on "Math isn't just the right answer, it's accuracy, and blah blah blah." I kind of tuned that out.

What was hard for me was that whenever I got work that was too easy, or the teacher was starting a subject that I already learned, I just tuned it all out. I also started passing notes and talking in the middle of class, so that got me in trouble a few times. That was probably the thing that impacted my behavior the most the past school year and now.

Sorry about the long post, I just needed to vent. :3

♪~tk710

The way I fight depressing is to talk to some one about it or think of how good of a life i have

I WROTE THIS MESSAGE AT SKOOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been going through a lot lately. It's extremely stressful, believe me. We're getting a new house in a month, I haven't been feeling well (Actually, I've been getting on and off feelings like I'm going to puke for many months now), I'm going to be going to a new school, I've got a lot on my mind... For a while at a time I would just hide away upstairs to get on TT or read. It sucked. But I didn't have anywhere else to go, so this is where I stayed most of the time (except to eat, mostly, which I haven't been very hungry anyway..). My mom knows something's wrong, she knows I'm depressed, but she doesn't want to take me to a therapist, because my older sister's ruined it all... She was diagnosed with ADHD and gets treated 'specially', while I'm here and I get nothing better. But life is hard anyway, and my mom won't give me any medicine in fear that I'll have suicidal thoughts or something... :D

My mom used to tell me she thought I was depressed during school. What with all the work, drama, and hot guys. Its hard not to get depressed when the guy doesn't like you, and is dating another girl. Or when you got some much home work but all you want to do is rest from a long day. And when theres some kinda fight going on with friends.

Yeah, I think I used to be depressed. It went away aftyer summer break started. :furawatchi:

But when I was I would just do what I was supposed to do, then sit back and relax.

I write. I love to write and it's my second favorite thing to do. (Reading is first.) I especially like writing poems when I'm sad. For some reason I can't read when I'm sad. I can't focus enough and it just makes me sadder. o_o

I think most of this depression is caused by hormones. People aged 11, 12, and 13 feel the urge to just let their feelings take them over, and sometimes they can overreact when they feel regretful, or just overreact for small reasons.

Anyway, I can be regretful for a long time after I have done something silly, or by accident. I can also be happy, but that is when I have cleared my bad moment cache in my brain. Yeah, I sometimes can't let go of the bad stuff. But i just think to myself: "will this be important in 5 years?" And all of of my bad memories have answerd NO to that question.

I think I am depressed.

I hate being away from my parents, I am not a huge social person when I used to be, I get really upset when people get angry at me or say something about me, I am VERY easily annoyed or irritated and I'm not looking forward to my party because after I told people, alot of them basicaly invited themselves...

Please tell me, Am I depressed?

I think I am depressed.I hate being away from my parents, I am not a huge social person when I used to be, I get really upset when people get angry at me or say something about me, I am VERY easily annoyed or irritated and I'm not looking forward to my party because after I told people, alot of them basicaly invited themselves...

Please tell me, Am I depressed?
I don't think we can tell you for sure on here. Depression is a chemical immbalance of the brain right? So only a doctor/therepist can diagnose it.

I'd say search for 'depression symptoms' on google- there are tons and tons of pages on the topic. If you have the symptoms and are worried, talk to your parents and/or a counselor about it. They can get you the help you may need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back