Do You Believe In Gay Marriage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, don't get me started on how right it is.

I won't start shouting at Funky~Lemon, it's been done enough, but, please, Funky~Lemon, please, don't tell us it's disgusting. Also, if you're about to insult something, spell properly, thanks.

I mean, pretty much everyone has taken the words from me. If you love someone, why not? And, as FeeBee said, why do people say, "Yeah, partnerships are okay, but not marriage."? It's a word.

I don't mind people saying, "No, I don't like it, but, I think it's okay if they want to." But to tell everyone how to live? No, don't go there.

I don't see how gay marriage would negatively affect society. And I don't think they should give it a different name. That's just plain stupid. And it further promotes the idea that homosexuals are different and/or less than heterosexuals. If you are seriously that bothered over sharing a word, [ That isn't meant to be harmful or offensive like a swear ] you've got problems.
Think about it. In fifty years, we're going to look at this like we look at slavery now. We'll be like "Oh mah gawd! That's so bad! People who discriminate against gay people are bad! Bad! Rooooar! Equal rights, FTW." And homophobes will be verbally beaten and shunned.
I agree! [ That's twice we've agreed now! XD ]

I especially agree with your first paragraph. Giving same sex marrige a different name continues to discriminate.

And I just thought I'd elaborate on my feelings... Though I am 110% FOR same-sex marrige being legalized, due to my religion even if I were to find myself bi or gay, I would have to surpress my feelings and carry on pretending to be straight. The Catholic religion states that marrige is between a man and a woman and that gay marrige is wrong. My church however encourages us to question things, and I don't think God would be too upset with me for believing that love doesn't know boundaries nor gender. (Seems like a pretty innocent and open-minded belief, don't you think?)

So it may sound hypocritical, but due to my Catholic beliefs I would never be able to be homosexual myself even if I believe it should be legal for others.

Does that make sense?

I think it's perfectly fine. But as everyone's said, people have taken words right out of my mouth. Besides, gay marriage would be no different than a man and a woman getting married. It's still love. No matter the gender, it's love and it shouldn't be judged.

gays are fab, look at gok wan for instance. <3
^^ He's awesome! And, I get to meet him on Thursday at Gradute Fashion Week!!

Any, to the subject at hand, I'm totally for gay and lesbian relationships, and I don't see why it should be a problem for the rest of us if to guys get married to each other or two women do.

And having to add 'gay' onto 'marriage' is just silly as well. It's not any different to a hetrosexual marriage other than the fact that it's to people of the same sex tying the knot.

I think it's becoming more accepted in society now, and I think it's the only way forward, we shouldn't discriminate gays or lesbians because of what they are, and people are beginning to understand that.

I'm all for it :3 If you love someone, why not?

You really just need to stop posting in this section. Every time you do it's completely rude, and last time I checked, this was the place for serious conversation and debate. Not 'lulz itz gross n i dun like it' comments.
Unless you can be mature about the topics at hand and state your opinion in a way that doesn't irritate a bunch of people, I strongly suggest you stick to topics that aren't so controversial.
It's my opinion. Sorry but thats the way it goes when poeple state there Opinions, Not all people agree ;]

How could I not believe in it when there's obvious proof that it's real?

I know what you mean. :]

I support it. I don't see why everyone has to get in such a tissy about it.

Love is love, who is anyone else to tell someone they can't love someone else.

I'm not gay, but I support gay marriage.

I mean, what is the problem anyway? The only result of two men or two women getting married, would be that two men or two women got married.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not believe in gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. However, now that political correctness has taken over society, the definition of marriage has been altered.

Honestly, I have no problem if a gay couple wanted to have a ceremony similar to a marriage, but I don't think they should call it marriage.

I think also some of you guys may not realise that some of the problems with the definition of a "gay marriage" and a traditional "marriage ceremony" exist within the religious community.

No, I don't mean that our religious leaders are being stubborn and "righteous".

It's not "just a word".

They want a difference between "marriage" (man & woman) and "same sex marriage" or "special partnerships" because they have a genuine concern that if gay marriage becomes "legal", then they as religious representatives could face legal procedings if a gay couple ask a priest to marry them and he refuses.

The gay couple could sue the priest and the church for discrimination when the priest is simply acting according to his religious beliefs / principles.

This is a really difficult situation and involves not only religious beliefs but (as usual) the legal system and a bunch of lawyers circling overhead in anticipation of good pickings :furawatchi:

To the people above: You DO NOT have to go to a church to get married. You can just go to a Justice of Peace or whatever they're called and then you are legaly married, but not neccessarily married religiously. If it weren't so, a lot of Athiest couples wouldn't be married.

I'm for Gay Marriage.

("Yes" is actually winning 0____0)

I definitely agree with same sex marriage.

Maybe its just me, but I have noticed that people in a homosexual relationship seem to last just a tad bit longer than those on a heterosexual relationship. It appears that a good amount heterosexual marriages are starting to end in a divorce these days. Why talk about the sacredness of marriage when divorce is becoming such a common thing?

If heterosexuals aren't doing that good a job at marriage, then why can't we let the homosexuals have a shot?

Off Topic: Sorry for the "big" words. I'm not a fan of using terms like "straight" or "gay".

Yes.

Everyone can love who they want to love. I'm a Christian myself, so people are sometimes surprised that I support gay marriage, and that really bothers me. Isn't religion supposed to be against discrimination? Homosexuals deserve the same rights as heterosexuals - we're all equals in this world, and we deserve equal rights. We're never going to get any closer to "world peace" unless we end gay prejudice.

It's not the difference of a word. Marriage is religiously defined as between a man and a woman. I believe that is what it should be, and that gay marriage is like an oxymoron. A partnership is not just a different word. It is a partnership. It has the same rights. It's not completely the same, it's meant for gays. They can have their own little thing and I appreciate that. If someone loves each other, they can do that instead of making so much controversy.

It's not the difference of a word. Marriage is religiously defined as between a man and a woman. I believe that is what it should be, and that gay marriage is like an oxymoron. A partnership is not just a different word. It is a partnership. It has the same rights. It's not completely the same, it's meant for gays. They can have their own little thing and I appreciate that. If someone loves each other, they can do that instead of making so much controversy.
Why do that when Marriage is EXACTLY how your describing and doesn't take all that time to make that "partnership"

It's my opinion. Sorry but thats the way it goes when poeple state there Opinions, Not all people agree ;]
Opinion?

Saying it's " disgusting lols" isn't an opinion

It's just plain ignorance

And guide, don't remove this, this is the truth and MY opinion, Okay?

Stating an opinion and being completely rude and insensitive are two totally different things.

Believe it or not, there ARE ways to state an opinion without making people mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back