Do your friends/family know that you collect?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents know about my Tamagotchi's, my dad never really said anything.. I tried showing my mom, she pretends to show interest but she has called me weird for it before but now she's just doesn't really care... My sisters are pretty much the same and my brother teases me about it... I'm really proud of my Tama collection but I am a coward and I'm really afraid to show it in public as my area isn't very nice.. I've been bullied throughout the whole of my school life so I've always tried to steer clear from being a reason to target and the fact my family think I'm weird already doesn't assure me. I'm moving to university in just 8 days to a whole new city...My goal is to be OPEN about all my interests and hobbies in this new place so people can get used to it rather than meeting me (whilst I'm hiding all these interests and hobbies) and then finding like my tamagotchi somewhere and thinking I'm 'weird' .. I just want people to accept the fact I like Tamagotchi's! So I'm going to open about my love for Tama's haha! Wish me luck :p

i don't have friends (lol..), i haven't told my sister, my mom knows but just pretends they don't exist. she couldn't afford to buy my sister and me many toys in our childhood and probably thought it would just make us care more about education as a result. it definitely worked for my sister, but it only made me desire all of the fun stuff even more while growing up. i'm sure it's quite disappointing for her now grown daughter to be spending money (money that we still don't have a whole lot of..) on them..though i do think of tamas as more than just toys.

It's like collecting consoles, videogames, game and watch (specially this) and other electronic stuff related to pop culture. I don't see anything wrong with this. There are adult people that collect baseball and football trading cards, so why collecting tamagotchis would be a secret?

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure about others, but i'm not embarrassed about collecting tamagotchis at all, i would tell people if i had someone to tell lmao...and i haven't told my sister only bc i don't want her to know that i've been spending money...lolol..

My family knows and all of you guys.

My friend I got her obsessed with tamas and another one called me 8 and said either your trying to be popular or your childish and an idiot.

*me* .....

*her* Really?? Those are stupid

*imaging ripping her head off*

*me* .......

*her* anyway your acting like you're 8

So.....

I'm sort of shy about it know......

*me* but really really HIGH SCHOOLERS HAVE THEM WHY CANT I HMMMM

IM IN MIDDLE SCHOOL GRRRRRR

Yeah, my dad doesn't like them though because,

1: theyre gurlly

2: I shouldve grown up from them already

3: its expensive

TnT

My parents and friends both know. Whilst my family doesn't object to my collection my friends know i'm weird so I try not to show them often.

I'm not ashamed of them at all :)

I technically don't exactly collect, because I just have 2 Tamas, but I'm hoping to get another Connection and an Angelgotchi soon.

Anyways, yes, my parents know, since they are the ones who do all the processing PayPal or something on eBay, and no, my friends do not know, mainly 'cause 1: they have never heard of a Tamagotchi, and 2: in all my years existing on this planet, I have never seen a Tamagotchi in a toy store in my country-I bought my v7 in Hong Kong, so... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back