Don't put your personal info in profile!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i only put my aim name javascript:emoticon(' :furawatchi: ')javascript:emoticon(' :blink: ')no location!!!

I think the less info you shell out, the better. Below is a list of non-specific info that I think is pretty safe to give out... this is my opinion though. Ask your parents about what they think is Okay before you post personal info.
- First names only.

- Birthdays are OK, just don't include the year. (Ok = June 10) [Not OK = June 10, 1987)

- Country (OK), State (OK), City (Should be Alright, but check with Parental Units just in case)

- No Phone Numbers, or Addresses! I can't stress that enough.

Thank you for everyone who brought this to everyone's attention, this is really important for everyone to read and try to practice.
I think thats alright but I'd take out first name. I think

Country, Birthday month and day.

i barely ever post my personal info....but i know alot of people who do it all the time

because like if there was a 45 year old man trying to find lil' kids around the world to hurt, he probably wouldn't know ANYTHING about tamagotchis, and be easily spotted.
-Kimbonian
hmmm....you'd be suprised. Most weirdos like that research the topic of the site (like tamagotchis) before they even attempt to join. And so, giving out your adress or attempting to meet some one you met on the internet is a horrible idea, and if anybody asks you, dont reply and report to admin immediatly.(or whoever runs the site your on).

hmmm....you'd be suprised. Most weirdos like that research the topic of the site (like tamagotchis) before they even attempt to join. And so, giving out your adress or attempting to meet some one you met on the internet is a horrible idea, and if anybody asks you, dont reply and report to admin immediatly.(or whoever runs the site your on).
she is the most right of all cause there is alot of sickos out there and they would anything to find little kids black eyed peas rule i don't care what you peeps say i'm right my friend thinks so to

chow no no no no don't lie :hitodetchi: they make me mad weirdos

before you go ahead and ask someone on tamatalk where they live think. the could be a kidnapper for all you know. they may seem nice but you can never be sure. and also don't put pictures of yourself. that is also dangerous.

whoever you are you are right. one time this person i know put her profile on a website with her e mail and then a older guy pretended to be a hott boy and they met at a mall and the man was there and he kidnapped her.

so sad. ::tear::

tama~~~luva*

You can never be to careful. You never know who is out there. :furawatchi:

Ya just put a random country, or your birth country in your profile.

I put Russia as my country because it's my birth country, but, obviously, I don't live in Russia :wacko:

Birth date is ok, because ppl want to see how old you are and stuff.

But I wish they made it so you put your birth date in and it displays only your age.

Web nicknames are good too, like Snowy or Dreamy.

Yah it will. If they know your birthday, they can find out your name, then where you live, then so on, and so on.

Saying your age is ok though. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
its best if you don't put anything in you profile! :huh:

You could get hert doing it even my 6 year old sister knows to ask before doing.

yeah. dont use your real name either, i don't. i just use my favourite name/names. and before a wierdo from this site PM ed me, but that person is blocked now cause they are not really the age they say they are. they told my other mate this. so if someone strange messages you block them.

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. :furawatchi:
I agree, because sharing persinal stuff is DANGEROUS I don't mean to scare you but it could get you killed or blackmailed

_

snookie :ph34r:

P.S{Thats why we have fake names} :hitodetchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back