Don't put your personal info in profile!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. :mimitchi: It is very dangerous. :( I accidentally put my birthday, though it was MONTHS ago. I will change it soon though :huh: :ph34r: :rolleyes: :marumimitchi:

Though I do like Tamatalk, I know that you shouldn't put personnal info in your profile. I will change that stuff soon! <_<

I agree. :) It is very dangerous. :huh: I accidentally put my birthday, though it was MONTHS ago. I will change it soon though :mimitchi: :mimitchi: :( :huh: Though I do like Tamatalk, I know that you shouldn't put personnal info in your profile. I will change that stuff soon! :)
[SIZE=22pt] BIrthdays aren't bad, because telling your age isn't really 'personal'. But you don't have to tell it. [/SIZE]

:lol: tamagirl777

I certanly agree. Your computer can be hacked, or worse, it might get A VIRUS! I'll tell you 1 annoying virus. It's called the "Yankee Doodle virus". This virus makes your computer play yankee doodle ever 5 o'clock ;) . It's so annoying.

[SIZE=22pt] [/SIZE]BIrthdays aren't bad, because telling your age isn't really 'personal'. But you don't have to tell it. :huh: tamagirl777
I feel the need to disagree. :)

People can do a lot of things with a birthday. I personally don't know exactly what they are, but I do know one. They can trace you by your email if you give your bday. By knowing your bday, and email, they can find out your name, adress, phone number, and all of the other info on your computer. (Putting your age is okay though.)

I don't know how to block my email, but if someone could give me a heads up on how too, then I would greatly appreciate it.

:p

I feel the need to disagree. :( People can do a lot of things with a birthday. I personally don't know exactly what they are, but I do know one. They can trace you by your email if you give your bday. By knowing your bday, and email, they can find out your name, adress, phone number, and all of the other info on your computer. (Putting your age is okay though.)

I don't know how to block my email, but if someone could give me a heads up on how too, then I would greatly appreciate it.

:(
If you mean the kind where you don't get TamaTalk emails, just go to your profile and don't type your email on it.

Anyway, I just gave out the state, contry, my b-day and the fact that I am a girl. (But most people would have figured out that part anyway.) But I think I will not show the year I was born anymore, though. Thanks for the advice.

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. :angry:
yeah you always hear those bad things happening on the news because they do that :p

:D :eek: This is a really important topic and i am really glad we are able to disscuss it. i tink that things like age and gender are ok, but i don't think it is a good idea to put anything OTHER than that..... :D :blink: :blink: :blink:

I'd also like to point out, to be extra safe on sites like this. "evil" people out there search for places like this, where they know kids/teens will be chatting about. I highly agree with what everyone's said about keeping yourself safe.

And I'd also like to say that, I myself am not one to ask my parents when to give out personal infomation and when not to. Before doing so, I hang around the site, and I trust myself to see wheater or not it's safe.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

**ID ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT**

My grandmas friend was with her child (shes all grown up now) & she was showing my grandmas friend the internet. She went to a site, typed in her first two names, and it showed extacly where she lived. Make sure to be extra careful when giving out names, who knows, maybe all someone needs is your name, location, and BOOM. They know where you live.

Sorry if I scared anyone.. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on what info you put. If you just put your first name it dont matter. But if you put in a last name you made a bad mistake and should take it away fast. If you put a birthday that is :furawatchi: .....ok but thats not a good idea either. So before you do something think about it. Not everyone in the world is nice :marumimitchi: ......but that is what jails are for! :p :furawatchi: :)

For those of you who may not know, putting your personal info in a place where people can look at it is very dangerous. The internet is a very dangerous place, and people aren't as nice as they seem. You will be surprised to see what someone can do with a birthday, name, or location. Just a reminder. Don't want anyone to get hurt. Can't take chances. :hitodetchi:
Name:Cleo

birth-date:6-5-05

Description:

Cleo is a very nice,respectful,responsibile tamagotchi who loves and cares about the future of the poor tamagotchis who are lost and have not been taken care of like for (exp:she helps charity with their social needs) She is small and bright :hitodetchi: and can be very sharing.Her classmates (friends) love her alot and they have a good relationship with her.She loves to give gifts and share and care for her family.

Chat from Cleo:

Hi! I am so happy to be here today with the bright tamagotchis and owners.As you can see,I am just a child and I have one friend.His name is "Spike." He is very bright too and also can be very respectful.I love my owner very much and she kinda takes care of me.She has 2 tamagotchis.She had me for a long time now and just got spike yesterday.Well,thats enough chit-chat and have fun reading spike's biography... :hitodetchi:

it's VERY dangerous!

all newbies should learn to understand that.

once my dad told me that innocent kids like us

get kidnapped & killed because kids put personel infromation

online. i've seen people put there real names on tamatalk all the time. i know tamatalk is safe but you never know who's out there!

so alway's think about what you doing.

if somesite asks yuou for your name just put in a name thats fake!

example.

ella

ellie

elly

sara

sarah

hana

hannah

joe

tom

michal

mich

micky

joesef

joeseph

ben

benny

bennie

john

for last names:

McDonald

wale

thats all i can think of right now!

remember allways be safe online!

Entering personnal information is very, very dangerous.

You can get some of the following:

1: A virus

2: Hacked

3: Junk Mail ( May seem fun, but it is not)

Trust me, you do not want to get any of these. :(

:huh: Questions? Ask me by PMing me

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.On the news I heard someone was kidnapped cause of putting personal info online.You should never put anything on.My two fake names are Zoria and Stitch.So you never know what can happen.Even with just your first name.You should make up a name like Bob or Chuck for girls or like jessie or CC for girls.

before you ever tell personal stuff to people on the internet,you should ask yourself theese questions:do i know this person?are they a staff member?do i know who's gonna read this?do i know how old this person actually is?do my parents know i'm talking to them? :ph34r: anyone claiming they are a 9 year old girl could really be an adult man trying to get your personal information.and also,somebody said that they're 10 years old in one topic.they weren't very smart about that.and they might not really be 10

and also,use a screen name whenever possible.even though my username is katep1997,my "I'm Protecting Myself" name is princess goobergoofer752061

also,don't tell anyone what school you go to.the name of your "I'm Protecting Myself" school can be "bllooo ppoooo elementary" or some other hillarious name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back