Don't put your personal info in profile!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamagotchi are cool but i hate when the mackmaker douse not come then u lose all your gens

Ashley-Ann

Ppl shouldn't even bother with putting anything in their profiles. In fact, it's even harmfull if somone were to do that. I know that members don't constantly look into other member's profiles, but there may be bad ppl out these trying to hert others for no reason.. So watch out :kuribotchi: read member's tamatalk name to see if the name is appropriate. Even watch out for nasty avatars and inapropriate swearing. (non-scence spamming doen't count for danger :D )

^t/t

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, giving out personal info is highly discouraged, but I can't help give out my b-day, as it was the day I joined TamaTalk :rolleyes:
So, people, try not to post your city and school and stuff. Everyone makes that mistake sometimes, just don't make it all the time.
Thats different. He/She means the year, for example 1500 (Man, you cant get that old!)

For examle, Mine is on the 26th (in... 8-26=18 days!)

Read member's tamatalk name to see if the name is appropriate. Even watch out for nasty avatars and inapropriate swearing.
Its much worse then that, kidnappers pretend to be a child and like the somethings as the child(Tamagotchis for example) their stalking. So they won't be posting inapropriate.

As an adult I still don't give out to much info except for my birthday.

To younger members:

1)Never give out personal info such as last name or address

2)If someone PMs you asking for that info report to a guide the admin himself.

3)This shouldn't just be applied here but whatever forum your at, you never no who could be reading.

4)Just because a member says their 12 doesn't mean they are! It could be just about anyone inculding a 40 year old man preying on children! My advice never trust anyone you meet online.

:D I agree even just a pic of u can be dangerous. Never trust a stranger on the internet or in your lifetime. once there was a guy who told a location and a guy kidnapped the kid and threw him in a thornbush and then in a pile of sharp knifes. NEVER POST YOUR LOCATION unless u know the person :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :furawatchi:

bad ppl act nice on the computer like on this game habbohotel they normally say: give me all ur info and i`ll get you 10000 habbo coins u can buy that many n e way they scam ur info

ya you r VERY right peeps shouldn't give out their personal info .....check out my profile, for my location it says:under your bed: lol pretty funney eh'? my dad will come on here every once in awhile to make sure nothing is going wrong....even though you don't want to show your parents this , you prolly should ...there r alot of BAD peeps out there who wanna do BAD stuff to kids ..i'm not trying to tell you wat to do , i am just telling u wat the SAFEST thing to do :D :furawatchi: :)

I have pinned this topic because I feel that it is an important one. I have seen a few instances where members have placed their home addresses either in their personal profiles or on posts on here. I cannot reiterate how dangerous this is. You DO NOT need to be a member of TamaTalk to view posts on here which means that if you post your details you are effectively posting for all the world to see. Should any Admin or any Guide see that you have posted personal details of your location, the post will be removed or edited to hide the details. This is for your own safety. If we discover that you have put your address in your personal profile then you will be asked to remove it of your own accord first before being referred to Admin who will fix it FOR YOU! :blink:
Seeing there are many members we can not watch everyone to make sure they are acting in the safest way which is why this thread has been pinned so you know for yourself. I encourage anyone who who sees another posting personal details to contact a Guide.

Again, please understand this is for your own safety. A lot of you are well and truley underage and to a degree we a responsibility to ensure your safety.
:) I agree with you bell , I had my webpage up, but I took it down for safety reasons.

:angry: plz stay safe all!

I agree that this topic is very helpful to everyone. I'm glad a tamatalk guide saw this and pinned it. It decreases the number of kids getting stolen off the internet. It's very helpful. I only put my country (Canada), interests(volleyball, tamatalk, etc..), gender (female), and age(11). I'm very glad to be a member of tamatalk because it is very safe and you can trust it. Tamatalk is a very great place and I applaud the tamatalk guides, Admin, angelgotchis, lifetime angelgotchis, and tama1092 for helping and creating tamatalk, the best site ever on the web!

Kaylie.

I put that I'm near Chicago because that's a pretty safe bet. There are thousands of people around here, and I didn't give out anything else. I also keep my e-mail address private, and if you're not an adult, I suggest you do the same. :angry:
MimitchiRocks, I see you are trying to be safe, but however, you should not put your pic in your signature, or anywhere else on the internet in that matter. Some crazy kid-knapper can print it out and try to find you. I'm not saying you CAN'T, but just saying you SHOULDN'T.

I dont think it is a very god idia to put your location. Just your contry like; america or england or werever... :p
ha, I dont out my country, I write Earth... I mean we do live on Earthh

My friend almost gave her real name toyhis one creep who wanted to meet her in wisconsin. I toldher not to because he could easily find her and like kill her er somethin' like that. It was creepy u r right. ^_^ my deceased tama he wasonly a toddler!!! :furawatchi:

All of you ou t there should never give info about yourself.NEVER!! :D :huh:

Hello everyone! Wow. This post has really filled up since I left. I'm glad everyone has noticed that putting personal info where people can look at it is dangerious. If you really want to see what could happen to teens who do that, then watch Dateline's "To Catch a Predator"

Men chat on the internet with decoy teens, and they come to a house where the cops, and the showa host is waiting to ask them questions, and then they get arrested. I don't know what day, or time it comes on, but you could look it up on the internet. It's a really good show. I wouldn't advise the younger people on here to watch it. It does have some sexual content. They show the sexual conversations, and sometimes, pictures, (blurred out of course) on the show. Just to warn you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back