Fake Tamagotchis Are All over the Internet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here it is. Transparent pink in the V2 style. I love it. Will keep it sealed as it reminds me of Scarlett xxx ♡
20180601_030320-1.jpg
Ha ha. Looks like a total fake. Or maybe that’s because it is. Whatever. Enjoy your new “Tama”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandai really isn't helping, though. They could make quite a lot of nostalgia money by reproducing many of their older models. Hoepfully, that's what the P1 rerelease is leading toward.

Bandai really isn't helping, though. They could make quite a lot of nostalgia money by reproducing many of their older models. Hoepfully, that's what the P1 rerelease is leading toward.
Honestly, even if Bandai did have a full range of older models on offer for the nostalgia market, the counterfeit problem would still exist, and it would still be in no way influenced by them.

The sad fact is, counterfeits (of everything, not just Tamagotchis) are extremely commonplace and education about how to identify them is poor, and that is why they persist. It's nothing to do with the companies who produce the genuine products, and due to the handling of copyright laws in some countries, there's very often little that the legitimate rights-holders can do to stop it.

To cite a non-entertainment-related example, that's why we see people who are shocked by what's actually contained in fake cosmetics once they have a bad reaction to them, because the common, incorrect assumption is that it's only the packaging that's fake, not the ingredients of the make-up itself. And, worse, there are the sad cases where people aren't aware of fake electrical products until there's a tragic outcome.

But that's getting a bit off-track, admittedly. My point is, the only thing that will make a difference is better education about counterfeit products and how to avoid them.

Honestly, even if Bandai did have a full range of older models on offer for the nostalgia market, the counterfeit problem would still exist, and it would still be in no way influenced by them.

The sad fact is, counterfeits (of everything, not just Tamagotchis) are extremely commonplace and education about how to identify them is poor, and that is why they persist. It's nothing to do with the companies who produce the genuine products, and due to the handling of copyright laws in some countries, there's very often little that the legitimate rights-holders can do to stop it.

To cite a non-entertainment-related example, that's why we see people who are shocked by what's actually contained in fake cosmetics once they have a bad reaction to them, because the common, incorrect assumption is that it's only the packaging that's fake, not the ingredients of the make-up itself. And, worse, there are the sad cases where people aren't aware of fake electrical products until there's a tragic outcome.

But that's getting a bit off-track, admittedly. My point is, the only thing that will make a difference is better education about counterfeit products and how to avoid them.
Yeah, but if you wanna complain to Bandai you gotta learn Japanese first. I am not even kidding check the website. And the post its self is in English so yeah😐 Bandai really dont care about the money drifting away infrount of their eyes

Yeah, but if you wanna complain to Bandai you gotta learn Japanese first. I am not even kidding check the website. And the post its self is in English so yeah Bandai really dont care about the money drifting away infrount of their eyes
Did you quote the wrong post? I'm really sorry, but I don't see how this applies to what I said... :p

You don't have to learn Japanese to complain to Bandai, they have branches in different languages for a reason... They're a company. A company by definition is a international thing, lol.

I don't really care about buying fake Tamagotchis really, maybe it makes me a bad person but I really couldn't care less if I'm being honest.

Their marketing is also partially to blame. They could have a massive resurgence right now if they wanted to, refreshing everyone's memory on what a REAL Tamagotchi looks like...
This is true, and that sort of falls under the bracket of "education" about this sort of thing, really.

Even the original English slogan for the Tamagotchi line played a part in this, back in the day. By calling it "The Original Virtual Reality Pet", it creates a bit of an implication that other rivals aren't the same, and that there must also be knock-offs about. :lol:

It's also important to never buy from Wish.com. That store is just terrible.

Although I can't even search "Tamagotchi" on eBay or Amazon without getting a ton of results like this:

s-l300.jpg

It's the exact same bootleg over and over too, who the heck is pumping these things out? They're everywhere, lol.

If they just called themselves an original name it wouldn't bother me, but the deception is the part that's annoying.

Ok here’s a funny story that happens today-

I am currently in France (So I will probably not be posting much) and I went into this toy shop and at the front, they have a BUNCH of 20th anaversary tamas, and then those cheap classic sad old fake ones next to it?!?!!?

Yeah, kinda weird!

(Also I found out a skateboard costs less than an fake Tamagotchi, (Fakes-17, Real-7 euros)

Ok here’s a funny story that happens today-

I am currently in France (So I will probably not be posting much) and I went into this toy shop and at the front, they have a BUNCH of 20th anaversary tamas, and then those cheap classic sad old fake ones next to it?!?!!?

Yeah, kinda weird!

(Also I found out a skateboard costs less than an fake Tamagotchi, (Fakes-17, Real-7 euros)
Were they seriously selling counterfeit goods next to genuine items?! :eek:

Hey, small question, when the fake tamagotchi connections/ virtual PETS etc. Use the tamagotchi characters on the packaging or the connection logo on the shell, are they allowed to do that to promote their brands?

Latest posts

Back