Homosexuality - what is your view?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, personally, respect homosexuals. It may be strange, but I like how they don't let humiliation or disrespect or anything else get in the way of their love <3

But I'm not saying I disrespect straights, as I am one myself. I just think that homosexualls are brave for standing out like that. I have a wonderful, caring boyfriend who is the best guy ever. I just wouldn't choose another female over him, you know?

Though I am attracted to my best friend in a way. It's not relationship love, just a sister kind of love, and I'm sure others feel the same way...

As for EMF, I respect your opinion, but you could have said it in a nicer way.

In conclusion, I believe all people can love who they wanna love. Love is an unmovable force, after all ;)

Are we there yet...?

Is it time to close this?
I hope not.

This topic is a very interesting one, and if people were a little more civil, maybe more ground would be covered that had to do with homosexuality, rather than nonsequitors like the finer details of religion.

Not that religion plays no part in this topic whatsoever, it's just that some people get a little too caught up in that aspect.

I hope the topic stays open because it's interesting to know people's views and reasons for their views. :)

Sorry Kajah, I didn't read your last post!!

It was just that everything you had been posting lately had been about religion, and I really don't like when people try to argue about religion or prove if it's wrong or right!! No hard feelings, I completely missed your post!

Sorry Kajah, I didn't read your last post!!

It was just that everything you had been posting lately had been about religion, and I really don't like when people try to argue about religion or prove if it's wrong or right!! No hard feelings, I completely missed your post!
Haha, everything's cool! :p

I agree. No one's gonna change opinions. No hard feelings. XJ

Actually, all I want is that people admit that God finds homosexual a sin, and that they say they'll be responsible for the fact that they're gay, and not blame it on anything, or anyone.

Just that.

Actually, all I want is that people admit that God finds homosexual a sin, and that they say they'll be responsible for the fact that they're gay, and not blame it on anything, or anyone.

Just that.
But what if those homosexuals don't believe in God? Then your point becomes nothing.

Also, gay people don't blame anyone/anything else for it. We already are responsible for why we're gay,and you know what? We're proud of it!

a way seen in medieval times.

It is a sin to pierce flesh with flesh, but not to pierce flesh with a metal blade.
^to me that doesn't make too much sense, but it is a quote from someone.

i do not support this quote

Last edited by a moderator:
We have sattelites EVERYWHERE! We have mapped the Entire globe. I think we would have seen Eden.

Also, light IMPLIES a celestial body which creates light under its own power, which the Moon does not do. However, this isn't a religious battle, this is a Homosexual rights one. This is a fruitless "quest" anyway... We aren't gonna change the other's opinion, so why bother.
I'd say that the garden of Eden probably dried out after sin and is a small part of a desert or something. Eden was described as paradise, but after Adam and Eve sinned they lost paradise.

But anyway my beliefs are that God says it is a sin and that it's wrong. I mean, if 2 adults want to get together I don't care but it shouldn't be described as marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Also, to the people who think 'If two people love each other than why not?', what about a 12 year old and 22 year old? What about a 75 year old man and 20 year old man?

~PokemonBoy

Just that.
I certainly won't blame the fact that I'm a lesbian on anything or anyone. Nothing caused me to be this way. I just am who I am.

But I will not admit that God finds homosexuality a sin. I truly was born this way. God wouldn't have created me to already be committing a sin.

Just to get this point forth, not everybody is a Christian. I am one of those people. I dont find homosexuality wrong in any way, love is love and it cant be helped. :/

I'd say that the garden of Eden probably dried out after sin and is a small part of a desert or something. Eden was described as paradise, but after Adam and Eve sinned they lost paradise.

But anyway my beliefs are that God says it is a sin and that it's wrong. I mean, if 2 adults want to get together I don't care but it shouldn't be described as marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Also, to the people who think 'If two people love each other than why not?', what about a 12 year old and 22 year old? What about a 75 year old man and 20 year old man?

~PokemonBoy
Like I said, love is love. So what if a 12 year old and 22 year old get together? Of both beings want it, why stop them? Others think that my opinion on this is crazy, but love is about who you want to be with. And "who" you want to be with includes humans of all ages, genders, races, religions, ect. We are all part of the same species. And even if we arn't, (no racism intended) like maybe whites, asians, and blacks are all different spiecies, take birds for example. If whites were woodpeckers, aisians were ravens, and blacks were hummingbirds, it would be just fine if any of them mated with any other one. That is how crossbreed being develop. But, not my point. My point is, all humans are humans, and if they love each other, let them be.Edit: Just so you know, I'm straight :)

Blargh. Honestly, God would NOT care if two people who are the same sex get married!!! my sister got an email from a catholic group she joined. she later quit, but they kept sending her emails because they r weird. anyway, they were all,

"We, as riteous catholics, must band together to stop these evil homosexuals from being able to have a legalized marrige! the worlds corrupted enough already blah blah blah"

that makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fact that ANY group, ESPECIALLY one that would call themselves a "riteous catholic orginization", would say that about ANYONE else, makes me so burnt up. there is NOTHING wrong with two people who love each other getting married!!!! even if they BOTH are the same sex!!!!!!!!!!!! god will NOT dang us to hell (apologies for language, but how else can you word that?) for two people getting married!!!!! even if they are both boys or both girls!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry that i got so burnt up, but.................I just had to get that off my chest. with that being said, im sure ill calm down soon.

hallelujah! praise the lord!!!

WHO DOES NOT CARE IF HOMOSEXUAL PEOPLE GET MARRIED!!!!!!

Some food for thought...

A pastor at a church in my area gives great speeches during service. One that I particularly remember is one that went essentially like this: "if you do anything without love in your heart, it's a sin."

It's just a reminder that not all Christians are opposed to homosexuality (Many groups are accused of being prejudiced, when...isn't the accusation of being prejudiced a prejudiced thing itself?).

Some are, some aren't. It really doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things, as long as you are civil to everyone either way. :)

I certainly won't blame the fact that I'm a lesbian on anything or anyone. Nothing caused me to be this way. I just am who I am.

But I will not admit that God finds homosexuality a sin. I truly was born this way. God wouldn't have created me to already be committing a sin.
Genesis 8:21 - And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Psalms 58:3 - The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

It says so, in the Bible, so unless you have can prove different with the Bible, you must confess that God does find it a sin.

@Amat Gotchi: The Bible says, if you follow your fleshly desires, instead of the Holy Spirit, it's a sin as well.

Paul, received trough the Holy Spirit that homosexuality was a sin.

@SailorMoon If you believe in God and in Hell, you must read what the Bible says, and it does not say that they will go to Heaven, but only to Hell.

Genesis 8:21 - And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Psalms 58:3 - The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

It says so, in the Bible, so unless you have can prove different with the Bible, you must confess that God does find it a sin.

@Amat Gotchi: The Bible says, if you follow your fleshly desires, instead of the Holy Spirit, it's a sin as well.

@SailorMoon If you believe in God and in Hell, you must read what the Bible says, and it does not say that they will go to Heaven, but only to Hell.
I don't believe in Hell. i just dont. there's no way god would send anyone to such a horrible place. i believe we create what happens after death, like, if a hardcore christian really believed in the common viewing of judgement, that's what he'd see, but he could get out of it at anytime. If someone believed they would be punished, they would, but he could get out of it at any time. if someone like an athiest believed in nothing, that's what he'd experience. just nothing. they could all get out of what they create at any time, but like I said before,

GOD DOES NOT CARE IF THERE ARE HOMOSEXUALS IN THE WORLD!!! HE LOVES US ALL EQUALLY!!!!!!

You have no basis and no proof. If you believe in the Bible, you must believe in all of it.

The Bible also says to not lead on your own understanding, buy the way.

Keep it civil - this is a polite request to everyone - no matter how angry or annoyed you might feel - or this thread WILL be closed.

We are not going to "re-hash" the same arguments again and again.

This thread is about our views on Homosexuality - no one needs to prove anything to anyone - they can express a point of view on condition that it is polite and falls within the TamaTalk site rules.

Not everybody is a Christian, and not everybody reads the bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back