Homosexuality - what is your view?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no basis and no proof. If you believe in the Bible, you must believe in all of it.

The Bible also says to not lead on your own understanding, buy the way.
To many people, including myself, the Bible isn't a very good source of "proof" either, since it is basically a (My own opinion) Work. Of. Fiction.

If you ask me the Bible has more plotholes in it than Doctor Who, and that's saying something.

God wouldn't care what we did. Why should he? we're just one planet of hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of planets that sustain life. He's create this (If that' even what happened) and leave us for another planet.

That's just MY belief, since others are so blatantly expressing theirs.

To many people, including myself, the Bible isn't a very good source of "proof" either, since it is basically a (My own opinion) Work. Of. Fiction.

If you ask me the Bible has more plotholes in it than Doctor Who, and that's saying something.

God wouldn't care what we did. Why should he? we're just one planet of hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of planets that sustain life. He's create this (If that' even what happened) and leave us for another planet.

That's just MY belief, since others are so blatantly expressing theirs.
agreed!!!

It hasn't been proven that there's life on other planets (although I agree, it's likely), so saying that "we're just one planet of hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of planets that sustain life" isn't logical. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genesis 8:21 - And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Psalms 58:3 - The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

It says so, in the Bible, so unless you have can prove different with the Bible, you must confess that God does find it a sin.
The thing is with this proof of yours, is that we live in modern society. A lot of things in the Bible cannot apply to modern days, therefore making it more difficult to use as a proof.

Also, please don't just give verses. It'd be much, much easier for many to understand if you give us literal wording. I have no idea what your proof is right now.

Genesis 8:21 - And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Psalms 58:3 - The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

It says so, in the Bible, so unless you have can prove different with the Bible, you must confess that God does find it a sin.

@Amat Gotchi: The Bible says, if you follow your fleshly desires, instead of the Holy Spirit, it's a sin as well.

Paul, received trough the Holy Spirit that homosexuality was a sin.

@SailorMoon If you believe in God and in Hell, you must read what the Bible says, and it does not say that they will go to Heaven, but only to Hell.
...and God is love.

You have no basis and no proof. If you believe in the Bible, you must believe in all of it.

The Bible also says to not lead on your own understanding, buy the way.
I really don't think you should be telling people what to believe or not to believe. You have your opinions, other people have their opinions. Everyone has different opinions and that should be respected. (When some people read the Bible, all they see is terror. Some see true goodness. Others find great comfort in it, while still others find only confusion.They can interpret what they read in the way they want. That is their choice.) Some think homosexuality is ok while others don't. The thoughts of others are their thoughts.

And really, can we prove anything? Can we prove that the ground we stand on is real? Can we prove that the Bible is real? Can we prove that we are real?

In my opinion, our choices come from what is in our minds and hearts, but you can believe whatever you choose to believe. That's what is good about our beliefs. They are all our own. :)

Homosexuality isn't something to fear but something to embrace. The native Americans believed that gay people had extra abilities that gave them both a manly side that could hunt and fight and a feminine side that could raise young. I think anyone who thinks homosexuality is wrong is mean and spiteful and VERY ignorant, I usually think people having opposing opinions is good but on this subject I don't and I won't apologize, not being able to accept everyone is wrong and you should feel terrible if you don't like someone or think they are worth less than you for liking someone of the same gender. I'm gay and I'm a awesome person who is loving and caring and I'm smart and level headed open minded and all my friends and family will love me no matter what I like and if you can't accept all my great qualities because I'm gay well then I hope I never meet you ever.

@Amat Gotchi

I was talking to SailorMoon, who said that God does not care if two people of the same gender love each other. But his basis is his mind, while if you want to say how God thinks, you MUST use the Bible, so for that he has no basis.

I am not trying to force anyone to become a christian, but those who say they believe in God must have a more solid ground than just an idea.

God is love in deed. He sacrificed his only son for our sins. But he isn't only love: https://carm.org/does-god-hate-anyone

A lot of people use this excuse, that God is so loving. He is, but to a certain extend.

@Story Teller

That kinda stuff doesn't change. It's easy to say, it was like that in that time.

It says that everyone's born a sinner.

When I use verses and so, I am replying to people who ask, or try to use the Bible against me, or who bring up God.

@Amat Gotchi

I was talking to SailorMoon, who said that God does not care if two people of the same gender love each other. But his basis is his mind, while if you want to say how God thinks, you MUST use the Bible, so for that he has no basis.

I am not trying to force anyone to become a christian, but those who say they believe in God must have a more solid ground than just an idea.

God is love in deed. He sacrificed his only son for our sins. But he isn't only love: https://carm.org/does-god-hate-anyone

A lot of people use this excuse, that God is so loving. He is, but to a certain extend.

@Story Teller

That kinda stuff doesn't change. It's easy to say, it was like that in that time.

When I use verses and so, I am replying to people who ask, or try to use the Bible against me, or who bring up God.
I'm sorry but does anyone ever wish there was a dislike button? Maybe it's a good thing there isn't as if there was I might have smashed it into oblivion...

@Amat Gotchi

@Story Teller

god can't hate anybody. he creates us, so how could he hate us?? i just can't believe he would hate anybody, even if they do sin.

god can't hate anybody. he creates us, so how could he hate us?? i just can't believe he would hate anybody, even if they do sin.
If he flooded the whole world with almost all of his creation, why does that sound so strange?

Guys, try to keep on topic and level headed. This is asked of these more mature topics here on Tamatalk. If you don't think you can respond in a mature manner, you may want to pass up the post until you think you can. Like all topics, everyone is entitled to what they think.

I didn't see Sailor's post before I typed this!! uwu

I'm sorry but does anyone ever wish there was a dislike button? Maybe it's a good thing there isn't as if there was I might have smashed it into oblivion...
Seriously? He's stating his opinion. He's answering the questions that people are asking.

This topic is making me so mad because people are asking the same questions over and over again when they have already been answered. Stefan is answering repeated questions, quoting things from the bible, sharing his beliefs, and all you people do is bash him?

I know some of the things he says isn't what I like to hear but please don't be rude!! All he's doing is answering the questions that people are asking him!! I don't agree with what he's saying either but just please be nice!

I honestly have no clue about what my religion or beliefs are but I'm letting people believe whatever they want to believe if that makes them happy! But like I said before this is about homosexuality, and no one in this topic said that they hated homosexuals. So I don't really think there is a point in getting upset! uwu

I didn't see Sailor's post before I typed this!! uwu

Seriously? He's stating his opinion. He's answering the questions that people are asking.

This topic is making me so mad because people are asking the same questions over and over again when they have already been answered. Stefan is answering repeated questions, quoting things from the bible, sharing his beliefs, and all you people do is bash him?

I know some of the things he says isn't what I like to hear but please don't be rude!! All he's doing is answering the questions that people are asking him!! I don't agree with what he's saying either but just please be nice!

I honestly have no clue about what my religion or beliefs are but I'm letting people believe whatever they want to believe if that makes them happy! But like I said before this is about homosexuality, and no one in this topic said that they hated homosexuals. So I don't really think there is a point in getting upset! uwu
I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I guess I was honestly still in shock after reading some of what Stefan posted in this discussion. There aren't many things which make me angry but unfortunately homophobia is one of them. It just seems like such a pointless waste of so much hate and energy and I don't believe there is any possible excuse for it.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I guess I was honestly still in shock after reading some of what Stefan posted in this discussion. There aren't many things which make me angry but unfortunately homophobia is one of them. It just seems like such a poinless waste of hate and energy and I don't believe there is any possible excuse for it.
I agree 100% with what you say! I'm so glad there are level headed awesome people like you in our world!

Oh man, don't anybody close this, this is just too good.

I'll just be sitting back and enjoying the show over here, please carry on. This entire topic is so entertaining.

I am going to close this thread temporarily to give people an opportunity to think twice about what they post on these forums and to calm down.

The topic under discussion is Views on Homosexuality.

The topic is not to be used to name and shame another member for posting their opinions or beliefs.

It should not be used to challenge someones religious belief with demands of "proof" or used as a vehicle to insult or demean another member.

Various TamaTalk Guides have posted reminders to stay on topic, to keep the discussion mature and sensible and so far there are a few members who consistently ignore these reminders.

Take a break and go chill everyone.

The topic will be re-opened in another few days and will only remain open if everyone can respect the forum rules here.
Last chance.

Edit: Topic re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back