how old is too old for the tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the end of 7th the beggining 5th grade and even though my parents say I am too young to watch Spongebob and too old to go on TamaTalk, when I am the only person in my grade (although there are a measly 2 girls in my grade including me) who isn't almost too OLD to watch Spongebob and the YOUNGEST person on TamaTalk, I still don't care whatever Tamas are too old or too young or whatever. Yes, my parents do say "Tamagotchis is are children's toys! Adults shouldn't muck them up!" and start insulting the older people here on TamaTalk, but what does it matter to me. I believe Tamas are for all ages. My mom believes when you're a forty-year-old woman you should be doing the housework and trying to learn Chinese and drawing. My dad believes what a ten-year-old girl should do (he doesn't have any opinions about anyone else really) is play in the garden all the time and when it rains stay in and draw and write stories. But I believe this:

Ten-year-old girls should do what they want, as long as they do their homework and go to school

Ten-year-old boys should do what they want, as long as they do their homework and go to school

Forty-year-old women should do what they want, as long as they do enough housework/gardening and take their kids to school if they can't walk

Forty-year-old men should do what they want, as long as they do enough housework/gardening and take their kids to school if they can't walk

So, since I think everyone can do what they want as long as they get certain tasks done, forty-year-old men like my dad can play with Tamas. But they see it differently.

I'm 21 and I'll be graduating from College next spring and I still have, collect, play with, and enjoy my Tamagotchi's! I don't think that there's a specific age where it's inappropriate for you to play with virtual pets, I've actually ended up getting a few of my best friends into the new generation of Music Star's when they first came out. I think that they're really great, a fun toy, and really cute.

I own 6 at the moment and at the end of the month I'm hoping to get two or three more, I'm a collector, and I'll always be even if I don't have the time to play with them every day. I'll always love them and what they meant to me as a child as well as what they mean to me now.

You are never too old to play with Tamagotchi... or too young, its manily the crowd,here's an example: My best friend doesn't like them because they cry alot and they are childish to her, and my other friends think the same way, so I would probely follow the crowd so I will not get judge for what I like... Or I would Lie and say I don't own one or say nasty comments to look cool.

I wouldn't really do that. But some ppl will do it so like I said you are never to young/old to play with them. (trust me one of my older family members play with them alot!!!) :blink: (also because bandai made tama-go immortal...)

I don't think anyone's ever too old for "Kid's stuff", there are just a lot of people who try to pretend they don't have an inner child, and I think that's a bit sad :(

My sister tells me I'm too old for Tamagotchi, but I don't see anything wrong with looking after one or two from time to time. They're a part of my childhood that I would rather keep than forget :)

As I see it, age is more a human-made term indicating how long someone has lived for, rather than an indication of someone who has "grown-up".

Meaning, you may be 80 years old and still a child at heart, or 7 years old and be mature at mind ;)

It really doesn't matter what people think about me, my hobbies, my nicks and nacks, also because I sport the alternative fashion which they tend to look more at then my TMGO, hehe. It's just a state of mind, and my state of mind is alright with me, so it won't change anytime soon if I have something to say about it.

Don't let overly mature people ruin your day, just because they lost contact with the phenomenon that is fun, pleasure in what you're doing, and your inner child.

Good luck my fellow Tamagotchi fans, rock your Tamagotchi all the way through 80, and feel at piece with them when you pass, cause you know, you never left their side since childhood

I don't think anyone's ever too old for "Kid's stuff", there are just a lot of people who try to pretend they don't have an inner child, and I think that's a bit sad
sad.gif
thats pretty much my middle school in 9 words :(

for me I've loved my tamagotchis since I was little and I'm 13 and enjoy tamagotchis but sadly have to hide my love for them :(

You can quit at any time you want. Meaning, you can play until you're brain-dead (fact: you don't die instantly. Your brain stops function, and then all your celluar stucture dies off), play for a long time, play for a little bit, or not play at all. You can have as much fun as you want.

I just am permanently obsessed with Tamagotchis and all animals. I have this overwhelming urge to take care of things, LOL. I'm 14, been playing with them since I was 6, and I'll probably be playing with them until I'm 25, which is when I plan on starting a large-scale fancy goldfish farm. I just love to take care of things. I feel lost without Tams. I keep getting pets. My real-life pets are: a dog, 2 cats, a horse, 2 parakeets, 2 goldfish, and betta fish, and I'm hoping to adopt a puppy soon and some Japanese fire-bellied newts. My list keeps on growing...

Im 21, i ordered my ID L today, and i am playing with tamas since i was 7.

Tamas are addictive.

People like us have or little wild child inside like Peter Pan, and its cool.

You just shouldnt keep this child in some cases like adults decissions,thats the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have loved Tamagotchi ever since I was seven and when I got one for my eighth birthday I was so happy! I am now 13 and I still love Tamagotchi more than anything else. In fact, Tamagotchi is one of the only things I like. And it's not just the digi-pets I like. I love the anime, the DS games, and the movie too! I think Tamagotchis are meant to be for 6-12 year olds but that doesn't mean we have to stop loving such a fun thing just because we have existed for a certain amount of years. I'm a Tama-fan and proud of it...you should be too, whether you're 5 or fifty!

YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR TAMAGOTCHI AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED

as long as you enjoy it and have fun its for you sure it was made for kids but I have been playing for 7 years I never tire of it

I honestly bought my newest two because I missed having Tamagotchis sooo much. I sold all of my older ones, and I missed hearing the beeps, and the cute characters, and generations, etc. I think this is part of the reason why I don't like the newer versions. I don't think Tamagotchis have a set age, some people may say so. I believe if I didn't have Tamagotchis when I was 12 or so I wouldn't be into them today lol.

Oh, I thought 12 was the oldest age for Tamagotchi. Cuz my parents tell me Im too old for it! And you're 40? My gosh. That means I'm still not yet old :)

Yesssss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back