how old is too old for the tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no specific age to play on a tamagotchi. Some people on these forms are over 20. Everybody can enjoy tamagotchies. Nobody is TOO old for them.

Umm I am 15 and my dad says I am too old for tamagotchis. I got soo pi**ed at him lol I yelled at him and told him he was to old to be acting like he's in his 20's Renting a room and avoiding responsibility for his son so Now he doesn't say anything *cough* Loser*cough* sorry my dad is not a subject I can talk about without going on, anyways I don't think you can be too old if you love it do it, as long as you take care of your responsibilties, A.K.A Taxes, Work, School, Rent, or Children. If you take care of all those things You can play with those big baby legos for all I care, lol. seriously If you do right by those things then your anadult in my eyes.

is there an age where you are just too old to play with your tamagotchi? is it just a matter of growing out of it like a phase?

i dont think that the tamagotchi is too young for anyone but with that said it might be a little weird for a fourty year old to still play with one.

what do you think
I don't think that there's and age limit to playing with tamagotchis because many adults keep child hood toys such as a teddy, so having a tamagotchi would be fine to have.

This has been asked time and time again. tamagotchis are for everyone! the media in japan may target theirs as for little girls only. Tamagotchis are for everyone no matter what race/age/gender/ we are all equal :)

So long as you don't neglet your responsibilities as an adult, I think it's totally acceptable for adults to use tamagotchi. Personally I wouldn't use my TamaGo in public simply because it looks a bit silly, but I carry my v4 in my purse most of the time and have no problem being seen with it. Similarly, I have several friends in their 20s who still play with legos, so there are several toys adults can play with without it being weird.

I must confess I find it a bit troubling when someone is SUPER obsessed with them regardless of age, but that applies to pretty much any toy or hobby. I think playing with one casually, having a small collection and being a regular on a forum like this is no big deal.

I wish I knew more older people with them though, I'm 20 and I'm the only person I know who uses them! T^T

I'm 26 and I starting playing with Tamagotchis again a few months ago. There were years and years when I completely forgot about them. Now that I'm older, I started collecting and it's so much fun! Like, I remember when Tamagotchis first appeared in 1997, I got to experience them at their prime and now there's all these color ones. I'm glad I got to witness the evolution of the awesome little gadgets. It doesn't matter how old you are, as long as you love it. :)

i'm turning 27, and just got an iD L. I've always loved these virtual pets when I was in primary school,

i wanted to get one a few years ago when I saw the tamagotchi connections, but I didn't.

Seeing the colored tamagotchis made me really want one because I can't resist the design

and the colored screen! I don't take it out when i'm in public, haha.

I don't think you're ever too old - however, I do think you're too young to be at a certain point of obsession with Tamas, and that's learned through experience. I have quite a long attention span which means I've been on TT since I joined in 2009, and been into Tamas that whole time as well. When I was 8, though, it was too much for me to begin collecting and get a TMGC+C. It just became too much for such a young kid, and my brother, who is 3 years younger than me, began to get obsessed too, and eventually we were both banned from Tamas for a week. :( I still think I'm too young for my number and rarity of Tamas. You are never too old, but you can be too young.

I'm 26, and a regular, functioning adult. I am currently raising my Oden-kun and Morino Tamas, also a TMGO. I hadn't touched one in months, now I'm raising again. In my mind, so long as it's acceptable for grown men to sit around screaming and crying at a tv watching other grown men toss around a ball in what is essentially an overblown child's game(football, basketball, etc), or for all sorts of adults to collect everything Star Wars, sit and play video games, etc...then who are they to say that you are too old for Tamagotchi? As long as you are able to comprehend how to care for the Tama, I say raise them!

Then again, I couldn't care less if it was thought by another person that I am too old to take care of Tamagotchis, so I suppose it's really a non-issue in the first place.

Never too old.

I used to have a V4 that I would take everywhere with me. I even took it with me to Uni, and I am 21. None of my friends seemed to care, they thought it was neat that I had something like that.

I've since misplaced my V4 (It's hiding somewhere in this house). It kind of sucks. I'm running my V3 at the moment until I can find a V4, or if Australia decides to release a new Tamagotchi version...hmm.

I love having a Tamagotchi. I have lived in a few apartments since starting Uni, and a boarding house, and none of these places allow pets. I think that a Tamagotchi is a substitute for this (although in actual fact I would love a real pet in one of these places).

I feel a little too old but I dont care
You don't need to feel even a little too old. If people are going to tease you about it, it's their problem. Don't be afraid to let others know that you're into Tamas...it's kind of a friendship test in a way. If they accept it, they're a true friend, but if they give you an odd look and say those are for kids, they're not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back