how old is too old for the tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am turning 25 this week and still love them. I ordered myself the Tamagotchi + Color last week and can't wait to get it! I will admit it is a bit harder to care for them when you are working full time! :newmametchi:

were never to old for a tama :D im in highschool

but if its beyond old i still think its ok to still play

I'm 30 ! Almost 31... and I don't care about what people tink about my addiction... :) I don't share that with everyone though ; only with 2 or 3 reliable persons ;-) but I'm not proud enough to play in front of my colleagues ; so I hide my little companions in my bag, put the sound effects off, and often seem to look after something lost in my bag hehe ;-)

Bandai America. Age recommendation Fail. Forever. Love what you love and don't care about what others may think. Enough said.

It definitively does not have any age to it! My 49 year-old Mum has a V3 and she has been playing with it since it came out.

As for me, I'm in 8th grade, and whether people like it or not, I won't stop loving my Tamas. :)

Society says that toys (i.e. Tamagotchis) are for kids. Everybody follows what society says. I say, who cares what society says you can and cannot do. Do what you want, regardless of what anybody thinks or says. I am 26 years old, and I still play with Tamagotchis. I am currently running two Tamagotchi ID L. I take it everywhere I go and I even put them on the table next to me, so I can monitor them. I do get people telling me that Tamagotchis are childish and only kids play with them; however, if makes me happy, then let me be. Playing with them is not harming anybody. My dad asked me today if I was playing with Tamagotchi's and asked me what they do and if there are games on it. He picked it up, looked at it and pressed a button, then gave it back to me.

Here's a funny story. For Christmas a couple years ago, my family did Secret Santa. It's where we pick out names, secretly that is. Then we go and buy what they want on their wish list. I had asked for the Tamagotchi V4.5 green swirls edition. My cousin had gotten my name and went to Toys R Us and bought me the Tamagotchi I wanted, plus some accessories. Personally, I didn't think he was going to buy it, since he is like 30's and has to go into Toys R Us. So here comes Xmas eve and we are opening our presents. I get to mine and to my surprise, I got exactly what I wanted. The point of the story is, that after I opened my present, he had said how embarassed he felt to go into Toys R Us and buy this toy.

Oh,mid 20's/early 30's is about time.

Nobody is too old for a tamagotchi. They are pets and are dogs for only 10 year olds?

i'm 28 and i don't care if people think i'm too old to have tamagotchis.....i will do as i please! if others don't agree with it, then that's their problem and they can be unhappy following everyone else's opinion (i bet the people who say you're too old for tama's either do have tama's - or whatever they fancy that is deemed 'age inappropriate' - in private, or are wishing they still had one) lol

so i am happy playing with 'kids' toys and will continue til whatever age i feel like. hehe :)

I'm 27 years old and my husband bought me a Tamagotchi v6 because I had never had a Tamagotchi before!! He had one when he was little and loved it, I must confess I am loving the experience and am considering buying more versions!

I don't think you should repress your feelings and whatever gives you a sense of peace ~^^~

So there is no age limit in Tamas just like there is no age limit on your heart and soul!!!

PS- In Japan this would not be an issue...

So there is no age limit in Tamas just like there is no age limit on your heart and soul!!!

PS- In Japan this would not be an issue...
i really like how you said that! :)

i have a firm belief in never growing up.

A reason why i love japan's culture so much is you can be a woman and openly like cute and fun things and it's not a problem.

i am looked at weird even when i just wear a hello kitty shirt here in america, but in japan hello kitty is popular with females of every age.

Last edited by a moderator:
@kikasbombshell.....yes, so true about it not being an issue in japan! same goes for music, i couldn't understand why backstreet boys kept going to japan to release cd's n stuff, then one day i saw what their pop music is there and most of it is still girl and boy groups! hehe where as here i just get picked on for liking something that should have been a 'teenage fad'.

You can't get too old for tamagotchis unless you want to. I play with mine everyday, as I have been doing so since I was 5. My parent totally supports it, since it was half of my childhood. My mom sometimes even takes care of them while I'm at school. XD

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

I'm 26 and I love Tamagotchis. It's fun to relive your childhood toys and memories. :mimitchi:

I'm going to be fourteen soon, and I have been obsessed with Tamagotchis ever since I got my first one at the age of seven. I don't plan to ever stop taking care of my 'gotchis. I believe that nobody is too old for them (^u^).

I played with Tamas since I was EIGHT! And I still play with them! I hope I can live with tamas forever. I will die with them on my heart.

I don't think this is any age that you stop playing my mother still plays with one and she loves it! :hanatchi: :hanatchi:

If you read on the packaging on the Tamagotchi (well im reading the music start packaging) it says "8+". it doesnt say "8-14" or anything like that. But you can never give up anything that makes you happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back