Lesbian

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. I found out that one of my females friends were Bisexual, now they just keep calling her a lesbian and they keep say things like "euww, im not talking to her no more"... One thing I would like to point out, just because you hang out with someone who is "gay" or a "lesbian" doesn't automatically make you "gay" or a lesbian (stupidest statement ever), though she is gay, you're really devaluing her.. And if you stop being her friend just because of her sexual life, that's not really cool and you weren't really being much of a friend to do that in the first place (it pretty much reminds me of being prejudice). I do understand how immature and stupid some kids are.

It doesn't make you look bad if you hang out with someone who is poor, it doesn't make you look bad if you hang out who is gay, doesn't make you look bad if you hang out with someone who is mentally special, it doesn't make you look bad if you hang out with someone who is really fat, it doesn't make you look bad if you hang out with someone whos not good looking, doesn't make you look bad if you hang out with someone with not the best style and so on. (Catch my drift?)

Get my point? It's not that good as other replies, but I'm pretty sure you can learn more from what I post by reading it.. I try my best..

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!!!! Why does it matter if they are bisexual?! A person is a person!!!!! They have feelings too!!!!!!!!!! I know lots of bisexual people!

You and your mother's logic is disgusting.
If she's your friend, keep being friends with her. Just because her personal life differs from yours doesn't mean you should stop being her friend. That's just pathetic.

If people are stupid enough to make fun of you for being friends with a lesbian, that's their idiotic problem, not yours. You just have to not let it get to you. It's not THAT hard to ignore stupid people.

And to the person who said, 'she might start to like you.' Yeahno. She was a lesbian before violetchi knew. Did she like her then? No. So just because she now knows, why would she start? And why would it matter anyway? Just because someone likes another person doesn't mean you have to like them back.

If a straight person doesn't like every single person of the opposite gender they come by, why would a gay person like every single person of their preferred gender? I don't understand why people always make that assumption about gays |:

Just because a person is gay, doesn't mean they automatically are in love with or even remotely like you in that way.
Okay, this is my opinion, so please accept it. :l

I agree with Pufflegotchi. We are also influenced by our family or the people around us. Just because we think gays/lesbians are wrong doesn't mean we have to get hated for it. That's just not right either. >.< We all have opinions, so please respect mine.

I'm influenced by people too. For example nearly everyone in my class uses "gay" as an insult. That's why I'm used to it. My family thinks that gays/lesbians are kind of wrong too.

I agree with Pufflegotchi. We are also influenced by our family or the people around us. Just because we think gays/lesbians are wrong doesn't mean we have to get hated for it. That's just not right either. >.

I'm influenced by people too. For example nearly everyone in my class uses "gay" as an insult. That's why I'm used to it. My family thinks that gays/lesbians are kind of wrong too.
She was respecting yours, as well as giving her OWN opinion. Someone is allowed someone else's thoughts are disgusting. Plus keep in mind in these times your view is a minority and you're going to find a lot of people who do not agree with your views who speak against it, so don't take it so personally. You're obviously taking it as a personal attack when it's not needed.

If you even have to consider not being her friend because of her sexual orientation then you weren't a true friend to start off with. She's better off without you.

Those Who Mind Don't Matter And Those Who Matter Don't Mind - Dr. Seuss.

I agree with Pufflegotchi. We are also influenced by our family or the people around us. Just because we think gays/lesbians are wrong doesn't mean we have to get hated for it. That's just not right either. >.< We all have opinions, so please respect mine.

Being influenced and using your own mind are two completely different things.

You decide what you think. You don't base your thoughts off of other's opinions. You make your own based off your own feelings and factual knowledge.

'This is my opinion. Please accept it.'

Accept mine as well.

Fire.Fly, I completely agree with you. I've had friends ditch me because of my orientation. I was much better off without them.

Being influenced and using your own mind are two completely different things.You decide what you think. You don't base your thoughts off of other's opinions. You make your own based off your own feelings and factual knowledge.

'This is my opinion. Please accept it.'

Accept mine as well.

Fire.Fly, I completely agree with you. I've had friends ditch me because of my orientation. I was much better off without them.
Oops, sorry, MAJOR EDIT:

I thought that when you said, "You and your mother's ways are disgusting", I thought you were directing it at me and my mother, not VioletchiGirl101's. Sorry about that. xP

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. If she's a honest, loyal person, stay friends with her. Unless your a homophobe, and if you are, you better clean up your dang act.

Your choice, though.

You were never a true friend to that girl. If any of my friends told me they were gay or a lesbian, i would not care. I would support them in any way i can. I can't imagine not being friends with them beacuse of who they like.

Your straight, right? Do you like every single guy you are friends with, or that you see? No. Your friend does not like ever girl she is friends with or sees.

Its just how they are. They did not choose this, but it is them. Im guessing that right now you are less mature then your friend.

*BaBi*

Don't act like this! Just because she choses to like the same gender as herself doesn't mean she likes every girl she sees. God I like the same gender as myself, girls. so what? I don't like every girl I know or passes by.

[SIZE=13pt]>.>...That'd be pretty sick to stop being her friend just because shes homosexual. Like wtf? [/SIZE]

Perhaps you should be supporting her, instead of wondering to ditch her or not.

Like gawd. >:0 CHEESES me off when straight people think it's so wrong for someone to be homosexual.

Like when I found out some of my friends were Lesbians, I didn't go all "OMG UR DIRTY, BYE NOW"

>:0 Like grrr...But whatever. If your willing to ditch her off the bat as a friend so easily. Maybe you shouldn't be

her friend. >.>;

Id be their friends. What really makes them diffrent from everybody else?

If you don't hang out with them when they ask you, your just being

Predujest. That's just like saying I don't want to hang out with him beacuse he's black or something like that.

Maybe her family doesn't like to talk about because it's wrong. >.< We think so too. No offence to people who doesn't, but in my opinion gay or lesbian people are just kind of, well, not right. >.< My mom said that it's got something to do with genetics or something...gay/lesbian people are born like that.
I haven't been around gay/lesbian people at all, so I don't know anything about them. And boys in my class use "gay" as an insult ALL the time, so I'm used to it.

Please don't freak out again (like some people did the last time I said that I felt that gay/lesbians were wrong). It's my opinion so please accept it. We all have freedoms of speech. You have your opinon and I have mine.
My opinion is that you should never judge somebody by who they like, there colour, race, religion, sex ex.

I respect your opinion and it's not nesecary to hate somebody because of there personal opinion. That's just the way life is.

Oops, sorry, MAJOR EDIT:
I thought that when you said, "You and your mother's ways are disgusting", I thought you were directing it at me and my mother, not VioletchiGirl101's. Sorry about that. xP
If I didn't quote you, I wasn't talking to you |:

If you even have to consider not being her friend because of her sexual orientation then you weren't a true friend to start off with. She's better off without you.

Those Who Mind Don't Matter And Those Who Matter Don't Mind - Dr. Seuss.
the genious that you are.

You guys, stop being so mean to her. Like stop going all, "OMG!! You hate gays and lesbian people??? And you want to stop being her friend just because she's lesbian? You're such a horrible person!!"

It's her choice, and everyone has different opinions.

This is what I say:

Be her friend if you want. If she was a good friend, maybe it might not be a good idea just to ditch her because she's a lesbian. I'd say the only time you should stop being her friend is if she asks you out or starts touching you in uncomfortable ways. Hope I helped! :angry:

You guys, stop being so mean to her. Like stop going all, "OMG!! You hate gays and lesbian people??? And you want to stop being her friend just because she's lesbian? You're such a horrible person!!"

This is what I say:

Be her friend if you want. If she was a good friend, maybe it might not be a good idea just to ditch her because she's a lesbian. I'd say the only time you should stop being her friend is if she asks you out or starts touching you in uncomfortable ways. Hope I helped! :angry:
Good advice, but,

Whats so bad if she asks her out? It's an innocent question. Wouldn't the friend feel sad/disapointed if Violetchigirl said: "Ew! I'm not going out with you, I'm not your friend anymore!"

It's like you asking a boy you like out and getting a very rude reply. She could politely turn down her friend.

This is what I say:

but immature statements are being made.

"OMG she's gonna hit on yew!"

she was already a lesbian. she did'nt before, so why would she now? does that mean you are'nt friends with boys, in case they hit on you?

if you're family thinks it' wrong, so do you. okay. so if your parents think being racist is okay, does that make it so?

This is what I say:

Be her friend if you want. If she was a good friend, maybe it might not be a good idea just to ditch her because she's a lesbian. I'd say the only time you should stop being her friend is if she asks you out or starts touching you in uncomfortable ways. Hope I helped! :ichigotchi:
Yes. They're people's opinions, but they're completely prejudice.

Think of it this way.

Would it be acceptable for her to stop being friends with someone because they were black? Or because they were a gender they didn't approve of? Even if her parents influenced her to be racist or sexist? No.

So why, regardless of influence, would it be acceptable for her to stop being friends with someone who's gay?

It's the exact same thing.

Yes. It IS horrible. It's also extremely close minded.

People can have negative opinions and ideals, but to act on them when someone else's wellbeing is going to be involved is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back