Lesbian

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't stop being friends with her. Imagine if you were a lesbian... would you like it if you had no friends?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally am straight and I always have been, but I have a lot of gay and bi friends and I've noticed one common misconception that a lot of people have about gay people is that they like.... are attracted to everyone of the same gender. So people like freak out if they find out someone is bi or gay because they assume they have a crush on them. But that's not true at all. Does you being straight make you automatically like everyone who is of the opposite sex? Don't you have friends who are straight guys? Well... it's exactly the same for them. If she doesn't like you it won't change anything and she sounds pretty caught up with her new girlfriend anyways so it sounds like you really don't have anything to worry about. Even if she does start to like you just make sure she knows you are not interested because you're straight, and she will probably just leave you alone. I've actually had a lot of girls like me, and once they knew I was straight they usually just acted normally around me and nothing bad happened. If they did do stuff, like touch me in awkward places, I just told them to stop and they did. It may be uncomfortable for you at first, but I mean she doesn't seem to like you so.... it's not a big deal. She most likely would just leave you alone. If she like starts to actually really like you and does really creepy stuff, or like makes advances then if you want you could stop being friends with her because you just can't really be friends with someone if you just don't feel comfortable around them (but for good reason). But right now she's not doing anything to you, and she seems pretty happy with her dating situation so.... honestly it would be kind of stupid if you just stopped being friends with her. She could turn into a really good friend. Haha now that I think about it all of my really close friends are attracted to girls or were at one point.

Thats kinda gross.
excuse me? are you saying it's gross to be a lesbian?

That was awfully rude.

It's not gross- it's just against society's standard norm.

just because it's different doesn't make it gross.

These sorts of topics always make me want to listen xD

Well, being a Christian I'm not soo happy about gays/lesbians. It's my belief, so so don't attack me for it ^.^

I know someone who is bi and they are very nice and funny =] I don't really think about it. They're older then me, so I don't 'hang' around them and I am not one of their best buds. We are on speaking terms xD

I suppose someone my age who is gay/lesbian that is in my class or something would make me more uncomfortable. I don't have that much agaisnt these people, I know it's just the way they are, so accept it, yadda yadda yadda, but the way I've been raised and think is that gays/lesbians are wrong. Please don't think I'm a bad person for saying that.

Anyway, was she a good friend before you 'found out'? If she was, there isn't much point not being her friend anymore. If she wasn't, then you should decide what to do.

Also, the touching bodies part is actually quite disgusting. If you are not over 16 or whatever, it's gross and wrong. (I'm putting my foot down here.) If you stay her friend, if she starts touching you or making you uncomfortable by saying things (such as she will touch you) then you should tell her no. IF she still doesn't stop, I suppose it is time to abandon her friendship. If you a straight now you shouldn't really get mixed into this stuff.

Which leads me to say...

DON'T BE INTIMADATED(spelling?) BY HER!!!

If you are scared about what she might do if you say 'no' to something (IF she does anything), then, seriously, say no!! You shouldn't buckle into pierpressure(spelling?) at a young age.

Good luck!

EDIT: I think my best friend is a lesbian (don't ask why) but I will not abandon her!

Last edited by a moderator:
um everyone, i think we should let this topic die now. it's been over a month of non stop rants about "how would you like it if that was you???" i think this girl has gotten the idea. we don't need more of practically the same opinions flooding this topic every single day.

it doesnt matter what ppl think. if u think they're cool friends, then still be their friends, it doesnt matter, if DL comes on to u just tell her u wanan stay friends. BTW is DJ a lebian too? or just DL?

um everyone, i think we should let this topic die now. it's been over a month of non stop rants about "how would you like it if that was you???" i think this girl has gotten the idea. we don't need more of practically the same opinions flooding this topic every single day.
I tend to agree...

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back