Middle School

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know. But the eigth graders at my school like freaking out the new sixies. like
"Hawo weetle Cheewdwen! Hao AWE yew? I WUURRRVVE yo backback awight bai nao"

and get all up in their face and stuff like that. For my school, it's the majority of them xD
[SIZE=7pt]That's pretty hilarious. ^_^ [/SIZE]

Maybe not for the 6'th graders though.

Unless they can take it, and laugh at themselves.

Which I hope would be the case.

I was really sad, depressed, and bored one day, and I was really tired of this one eighth grader annoying me, so when he and his "girlfriend" were walking together, I made a battery ram with my books and went right through the middle of them saying HONK HONK and then I started annoying him and now he doesn't annoy me!

YAY! :D

Anyways, Middle School is fun and I'm pretty sure you will like it.

btw, I'm a sixth grader.

Last edited by a moderator:
To help survive socially, I have 8 important tips that I ignored (therefore making me think that my social life is a living hellhole)

• Be careful who you tell what. If you confess something to a more popular person, it could get around the school within a week.
  • Be the same person around everyone. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT be a social chameleon. People will come to the conclusion that you're two-faced or a liar.
  • It's perfectly normal for friends to have fights every now and then, especially in middle school. Just don't exaggerate it.
  • Be strong. Let's say you're very good in school, and (yay) you get your first boyfriend or girlfriend. If you're too wrapped up with them, your grades will slip and that will hurt.
  • Despite what you've heard about X teacher, they're good teachers. Don't let other people's beliefs cloud your judgement.
  • For the sake of your digestive system, bring your lunches to school. (Unless you're one of those few people whose schools serve healthy organic foods. We congratulate you on the shining joy that is your lunch.)
  • I'm not against freedom of speech or anything, but if you speak your mind too much, people will begin thinking you're somewhat to extremely weird. There will be people that will agree with your beliefs, but not everyone. And besides, a lot (not all, though) of middle-school students are somewhat shallow.
  • If you feel socially isolated, just focus on your studies. Don't try so hard to win someone's approval [back] that you scare them off.

I don't want to scare you or anything, but Middle School is something everyone has to get through and is usually the hardest times in kids lives. Everyone's going through puberty at different ages and there's gossip and cliques and you think you know stuff but middle school you will learn a lot about friends. There are bullies and such but if you stay in a tight group of friends hopefully everything will go alright. Hope I'm not exaggerating <_<

I am going into Middle School too, And These Tips were very helpful! Would you guys Reccommend bringing a Brinder for all of Your Folders and Supplies? I thought it would Be helpful to keep organized

I went for Move-Up day and Backpacks are not allowed to be carried Through out classes

I am about to enter my second year of high school this year. I just say that the most important thing about middle school would be to turn in your work. Even if you don't get your assignment fully completed. Anything is better than a zero.

Don't be affraid to ask questions. Teachers are always there to help, or at least they should be. ^_^

Don't procrastinate. If you have a project or a paper that's not due for a while, don't wait till the last minute.

Trust me on this one. I've been till mabye 3 in the morning doing things that I have procrastinated on. Not fun at all. It's way better to get it done ahead of time so you'll have nothing to worry about, and have time to chillax afterward. :)

Good luck!

-Tg1092

^no. A backpack is fine. A binder will just make everything heavier. Folders are good. Binders are just deadweight.
Actually I've found it that a binder is very usefull. You put dividers in it, and put all of your papers for each class in each one. Nothing will ever get lost because it will be right there in your binder. You can even put a pencil bag in it and keep all of your pens and pencils in it. A great way to stay organized, and free up space in your backpack. I definatly recomend using a binder. :ph34r:

-golden

im going into 7th grade (jr high) and these have been really helpfull for me and my friends! thnxz guys!!!

I was really sad, depressed, and bored one day, and I was really tired of this one eighth grader annoying me, so when he and his "girlfriend" were walking together, I made a battery ram with my books and went right through the middle of them saying HONK HONK and then I started annoying him and now he doesn't annoy me!
[SIZE=7pt]That's what my old "boyfriend" used to do to the grade sixes![/SIZE]

And that's why he was dumped.

If it's annoying you, you have to pretend like it's not at all.

And then they won't see the point of annoying you anymore.

Or, if it's really bad, report it.

EDIT: yes, watching out for eight graders is a wise idea xD
Yes, definately watch out for the evil, hungry eigth graders. xDD I was in eigth grade last year. But you can't really blame them. When you're finally in eigth grade, it's your turn to pick on all the underclassmen. :D

• Pack your lunch the first day or two. The lunch rooms are a mess the first few days, when no one knows what they're doing. i.e. what lunch line to get in, what the options are, how much stuff costs, how much time they have to get their food, etc.
  • Eat breakfast, dear child, at least until you get used to your lunch time. :D
  • Have a folder for each class, each a different color. That worked for me.
  • Give yourself plenty of time in the morning before school.
  • Before school starts, make some phone calls to see who is on your bus.
  • Try to get to know some of the upper classmen
  • Memorize your locker combonations as soon as you get it. ;)
  • DON'T get a big backpack. Then you're just compelled to put more crap in it, and before you know it, it weighs 20 pounds. I was just fine with a tote bag all through my Jr. High Career. :p

Umm... I think that's all I got for you. Good luck! :D

ALL of you guys where very helpful beacuse I'm going to Middle School next year too!!!!!!!!!!!

THAX SSOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Cutie

ALL of you guys where very helpful beacuse I'm going to Middle School next year too!!!!!!!!!!!
THAX SSOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Cutie
Glad we helped. Good luck to you!! :blink:

1. Don't get on your dean's bad side or get send to him/her. I swear to god mine hated me. T_T

2. Don't overdo stuff.

3. Keep a pencil case of Pens, pencils, a sharpener, and eraser on you at ALL times.

4. Don't have a messy locker, nor loose ANYTHING. I had a teacher just this year who literally checked your binder, if you were missing ANYTHING she would minus from your grade.

5. Don't try and pi** off the "Prep's" or Black girl's (Or both. Every public Middle school is bound to be run by one or the other) Or prepare yourself for fight's. I got a concussion from some girl I didn't even know all because me and her "friend" got in a fight the previous day. My head began to bleed T_T Binder's hurt.

6. Just try and stay on everyone's good side.

7. For PE, try and dress out everyday you have gym.

8. For other electives, keep a small binder for them.

9. Try and keep a small folder for stuff like drawings or personal writing. Atleast have something to do during boring lectures.

I'm entering my last year of Middle school, so yeah, take my advice.

[*]Eat breakfast, dear child, at least until you get used to your lunch time. B)
For some odd reason that made me burst out laughing. xD

"Eat breakfast, dear child"

xD

These tips were also very helpful for me.

-is entering the wild world of public school in seventh grade-

I'm going into 7th grade this year, but they moved sixth graders to the middle schools in Indiana. I was so scared, but it wasn't bad at all. I would pay attention to teachrs, get your homework done, get to class on time, keep your locker neat.

Urmm.. Prepare for Drama. Might as well say that.

Your classes are in Periods now, so there are passing periods. I had 4 minute passing periods. x.x

At our school, gym is now separated.

We had uniforms, dunno if any of you guys did.

Don't be scared going into middle school. I was terrified, but it was actually really cool.

Good luck!

I used a Trapper or Binder. It helped. :3

Always bring notebooks for different subjects! Never cram notes for every subject in your notebook. Be a good student, show up to every class(Except if you have band or another important thing),Study,take notes, be nice to your teachers: they will be nice back! Bring your pencils,books,DEAR Time book,notebooks,folders. For band ALWAYS bring your instrument(I'm a geek! xD). =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back