Northlake Academy ~ A part fantasy, part futuristic RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cecilia (I'll call her Celia from now on) was late, per usual. By the time she was strolling to her room, most people were already wandering to the assembly. Celia sighed, but carried on strolling, not bothering to run. After all, if she was going to be late, she might as well be very late -- it would give people an impression of what was to come, anyway. She dumped her bags into her room, not bothering to see who was her dorm mate; she would have more time for that. She stowed her seal skin safely away into the wardrobe, glancing around nervously before stuffing it into the back and covering it with her luggage. She smiled, proud of her work. Celia glanced at her watch; ah, this seemed late enough. Locking the door on her way out securely, she strode to the assembly.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooc: can these be co-ed rooms?

Kassidy sat on her bed, ignoring the note. she was too tired from the 5 hour drive up here to go and "meet" anybody. She lay on her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, wondering what was going to happen here. In the letter the school sent to her parents, they didn't really say much except emphasize on how safe the school would be. Kassidy wondered "What kind of people even run this school? Who am I gonna meet here? What am I expected to do here?" She wondered if this would be similar to Hogwarts or something.

(Yeah, rooms can be co-ed. BTW, for all your people who just joined, try to room with the people already in rooms. We need to have people rooming with each other)

With 15 minutes to go until the assembly, Flynn was lost, due to the fact the stupid map they had all been provided with was a piece of ****. It didn't even mention where the auditorium was, it only showed a bunch of squares without labels (Only the squares/rectangles that equaled the dorms, cafeteria and main office were located were actually labeled). Annoyed, he continued to wander until he wound up back right where he started, by the dorms. "Oh my god." Letting out a sigh, he gave up and began to walk all the way down the hall back to his room, before stopping in his tracks and remembering that the info pamphlet he had received from the office had clearly said that the assembly was mandatory. Trying his best not to rage quit, he looked at his map one more time, deciding that one of the large rectangles on the map had to be the auditorium.

(Oh, one more thing, since we've already got two vampires, for anybody else who wants to register, no playing vampires, there's a lot more mythical creatures for you to play).

(ooc: hey, can reese room with william?)

This was already turning out to be a nightmare, and he was terrified. Reese entered the academy with high hopes. He gripped the handle of his suitcase in one hand, and in the other hand he held a piece of paper with a room number and a few other helpful things on it. He sighed, and looked around. It was so dreary and kind of depressing. It didn't look like a place to feel safe in, but his opinion didn't matter to his mom. "If this school is going to keep you safe from those crazy Europeans, then you're going!" He made his way down a hallway in search of his dorm, and when he came to the door he was reluctant to open it. Inside was just as dark and gloomy as the rest of the school and he leaned his rolling suitcase up against a free bed. There was just one other bed in the room and it was on the other side. He set the paper down on a small side table, and then tried out the bed. It wasn't as firm as he thought it would be, but it wasn't as soft either. Actually he quite liked it. Now, he guessed he just had to wait for his roommate to appear, or head to the assembly.

I stick Will into a room with somebody, Sure! WHO IS IN WHAT ROOM?

PEYTON-12

WILL- TBD

Will arrived to the academy and found his way to his room. He partially unpacked his bags, placing his clothes into one of the dressers. He set the half empty suitcases onto the bed by the dresser he had packed his things into. He took the time he had while he was alone in the room to explore it a bit before the assembly. The walls were a pale neutral tone and the room was very plain. He wondered why the rooms looked more like something that was simply thrown together last minute rather than a highend boarding school. He also noticed another set of bags in the room. He must have just missed his roomate and figured he would meet him after the assembly. This thought reminded him of the event, realizing that the assembly was going to start soon, he reffered to his map to try to find which of the blank squares might be the auditorium and headed there.

While other's were arriving Peyton had stripped the bed down and made it up neatly with bedding of her own. She took a step back admiring her work, she difinitely liked her new beeding more than the onld plain white-on-white ones. It was now coverd in pink sheets with a dark chestnut brown comforter with delicate pink designs decorating it. She arranged at least five matching throw pillows over top of her plain pink pillows. Finally satified enough to leave she left her room locking the door behind her. She pulled out her map. "What the hell good is this?" She grumbled trying to spot the audtorium on it. "Is this some sort of joke?" She mumbled to herself. Now she was just stuck wandering the halls trying to find where she was supposed to go.

(Yes, and yes, Will can room with Reese and Flynn can room with Kassidy.)

Finally deciding to start walking toward one of the large rectangles, he began to walk right, until out of the corner of his eye, Flynn noticed another girl grumbling as she looked at the same map Flynn was holding in his hands. Realizing this would be a good opportunity to interact with someone else and get friends since he would need them to survive in this academy until the war was over, he walked over to her. "Having trouble finding the stupid auditorium for the stupid assembly? I've been looking at this blasted map-" He held up his own map, and continued "and it stinks."

"Yes. Who the heck makes a half empty map?" Peyton grumbled in response. She crumpled up her map and threw it into one of the nearby trashbins. She figured it was trash anyways and carrying it did her no good so why keep it. "And these are the people who are supossed to be keeping us safe." She muttered under her breath. She turned her head looked up to Flynn. She smiled at him slightly, she had to admit he wasn't bad to look at. Much better than she had expected.

Flynn did the same as Peyton, throwing his map in a nearby trashbin- only, he folded and ripped it several times before doing so. He nodded in agreement with her. "I know, it gives you the sort of feeling that they probably aren't gonna help defend us much if anybody from the stupid EU and their allies come to attack us." Running a hand through his hair, a thought ran through his mind. It didn't really matter if the academy staff died trying to defend them, because well, Flynn was just gonna go all out with his powers against the attackers. Putting his hand down, he asked, "So, you wanna come try go on a mad hunt for the auditorium with me, since we only have like 10 minutes until the welcoming assembly begins?"

"Yeah, I really think we will end up being on our own if something truly does happen." She really wished she could just go home. "Sure why not, I don't really have much else to do. And I guess we both have to go find where ever it is anyway." Peyton agreed. She started to walk down the hallway, she looked along the doors that lined the walls. She assumed that the doors to the autitorium would be large double doors with hopefully some sort of sign that said 'auditorium' or at least some people in it.

Kassidy finally managed to lurch herself out of bed. The letter she recieved said she needed to head to the assembly as soon as possible after unpacking. She however, didn't know where it was at. She hoped there would be other people in her dorm that could help her. She leaves and shuts the door behind her. When she turns around she bumps into a very attractive boy. Red hair, gauges, and a quircky smile. "Me gusta!", she thought as she bumped into him. Although, her words came out as "Hermph--sorry!!"

Reese backed up a little bit, "Sorry, that was my fault." Before him was a shorter black-haired girl. "Are you heading to the assembly?" He asked, "I don't really know where anything is yet." He smiled at her. His fingers went up to the draw strings of his hoodie where he started fiddling with them. The first other student he'd met, and she actually looked like bad news. He definitely didn't want to get on her bad side. He desperately wanted to meet the other people, though.

"Yeah, whatever." That came out way more harsh than Kassidy had meant it too, but she's not really that good with new people sometimes. "Yeah, I'm heading for the assembly, do you have any idea where it could even remotely be?", she said to him, eyeing him up and down. She thought he was kind of cute, she dug the gauges. But she could tell already he wasn't going to be her type. Kassidy was really good at judging people based on appearance. He seemed somewhat--shy? She didn't really like shy boys.

Keeping his eye out for the door that lead to that giant rectangle featured on the map which was probably the auditorium, Flynn walked beside Peyton, taking note of the lack of any fire alarms or fire extinguisher cabinets in the hall. "I wish the war would like, hurry up and end. It's frickin' pointless. I'd much rather be at home napping than here. How is this place any safer than our very own houses, anyway? If I were a bomber, I would bomb a big building like this and not a few houses in a small neighborhood in the middle of somewhere." He noticed double doors in front of him, and he walked ahead to open them, only to see a gym instead. "What the heck."

Reese looked around and saw a sign that said 'Auditorium' and an arrow pointing down a long hallway. "I'm guessing that way," he laughed, though it seemed like he was the only one who ever thought is humor was funny. He stuck his hands into the one pocket of his pullover and decided to walk down the long hallway. There were multiple doors lining it, and it seemed like he was walking forever until he finally reached two big doors. He touched the cold doorknob, giving it a slight twist and it opened into a large auditorium. There were only several students, probably because of how confusing it was to find it, sitting in the seats already. He looked to Kassidy and asked, "Wanna sit together?"

"Woah."

Now that Celia got the main part the building, it was really incredible. Furnished with chandeliers and soft carpet, Celia had never seen a place this, well, posh. She felt out of place here; there were straight, formal students by the double doors and greeting and shaking hands with to-be students. Celia stood there for a minute, unsure what to do. Normally, she'd barge straight into the assembly hall, but now she felt self-conscious of what others thought of her. She took a few, cautious steps forward to the hall, and opened the door.

There were several other students standing around in the corridors, talking or looking at little pieces of paper, but Summer ignored them as she walked along looking at her own little piece of paper. The title at the top labelled at a map, but to call it that was an embarassment to maps everywhere. Eventually Summer gave up and scrumpled the map up like she would a failed drawing, throwing it over her shoulder and not looking to see where it landed. It didn't take her long to realise, however, that she now had absolutly no idea where she was going... Summer glanced around until she decided to go over to two people peering into what appeared to be a gym. Summer grinned. "You know that's not the auditorium, right? Do you actually know where you're going?"

Peyton nodded to Flynn as they walked. She understood what he meant and felt the same way. Wouldn't they have been safer in something less obvious. Sure the building itself could probably pass for an old warehouse, aside from the large gate that was obviously trying to keep somebody out. She turned her head from the door when she heard another voice. " Yeah, we pretty much figured that out. " she said taking a step back and glancing down the hallway. "This place is so **mned confusing. And if you ask me this place seems more like a prison than a boarding school. Honestly, who furnished this place, or well I guess I should say barely furnished. I mean out side of my dorm I havent seen any furniture at all. And aside from you guys I haven't seen any people like don't most schools at least have like an office or someone to greet you on your first day?"

Will headed down the hall. He was in search of the auditorium. He looked at his map, it looked as if it were unfinished. He felt confused, why would they be sent in the letter something that said to meet in the auditorium for an assembly if they had no idea where that was. In any case he continued to wander along the halls using his map to attempt to pick out the largest rooms, one of them should be what he was looking for. He found one, but when he pulled on the handle the door was locked. This made him curious a locked room, he wondered what it could be since it looked as if they were still in the process of painting the label onto the door. He quickly scurried away, looking at the nearby paintcan and figuring the painter would probably come by and scold him for not being where he should. Finally, he managed to find the auditorium, he pushed open the double doors quietly and headed inside. He found an empty seat in the middle of the auditorium-not that it was difficult seeing the room was pretty much empty- not wanting to be in the front nor the very back.

Now that Summer came to think about it, she hadn't seen much furniture around the place at all outside her dormitory. Sure, she'd seen the odd thing around, like the bins she'd cheerfully ignored when she had been trashing her map. She chewed on her lip, thinking about it. "Yeah... I haven't seen much furniture either. Maybe that's just... I dunno, what schools like this are like? I've never been to a boarding school before..." As she spoke, a strange kind of fear filled the young girl, couple with pure panic. She'd never been in a boarding school before. Was she doing the right thing? What if she messed up early on in her stay here at Northlake? Summer had no clue what she was going to do after this assembly was done. Again, what if she went to the wrong place or said or did the wrong thing? Shaking the thoughts away for now, Summer nodded, frowning. "The only person I've seen is the person who welcomed me to Northlake and then swiped my mobile phone and laptop." She sighed, before giving a smile. "Anyway, I'm Summer - wanna try and find this god dang auditorium?"

Celia took at step inside and groaned. It was tiny stage area; nothing like the large auditorium she was looking for. She sighed, and made her way out. This place was confusing. Everyone looked like they knew where they were going, hurrying to some place or another. They were all going in different directions, and to be honest, she had no idea who they were. Despite herself, Celia was starting to get nervous. She was alone now. There was no one to protect her, no one to save her. She was on her own. Taking a deep breath, Celia walked off into a random direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back