Northlake Academy ~ A part fantasy, part futuristic RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You make a good point." Summer muttered, but she wasn't looking at Flynn. Her eyes were focused on the gym equipment, and her mind was subsequently flicking through all the horrible things that she could be made to do. Summer had always hated gym - she wasn't exactly happy to fling herself into new and often nasty tasks. "Please don't let this be a double period." She prayed, but didn't have time to check her schedule due to the teacher striding in. "Oh, no. Hide me." Summer muttered, wriggling backwards to try and get to the back of the group. She was easily the smallest here so far, and she definitly did not want to get picked on again. Especially not in gym.

Celia stood there, raising her eyebrows at the teacher, folding her arms protectively. She was unimpressed with him. "It's our first day here -- cut us some slack." she muttered, sighing slightly at him. She scoffed. "It's not like this place is easy to find, anyway." she exclaimed, rolling her eyes. She jumped off the pommel horse and stood there, frowning at the teacher. Her eyes challenged him to say something back, to argue with her. It gave her an excuse to argue, anyway. Scanning him up and down, she seemed to dislike him even more -- maybe it was his attitude or his looks, or maybe it was just her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flynn looked up at the survival classes teacher, who probably looked the most fit of all the stupid teachers he had seen here so far. The man reminded him quite a bit of a guy from the military, so he realized that his question from earlier had been answered; they would definitely be doing military style survival lessons. Resisting the urge to fall over and take a nap, Flynn noticed a few of the other students who he had been classmates with in homeroom begin to finally enter the gym. He had to admit, he did feel a bit excited about survival classes. They would probably be a lot more fun than the other classes, which required knowledge. Survival classes just needed brawn so it would be pretty darn easy to do well.

The man raised an eyebrow at Celia, a surprised look coming over his face. "Well, well. It looks like we have a fighter here. Save some of that fuel for the lesson coming up today." Turning away from her, he yelled out to Flynn, Summer, and the incoming students, "Listen! We're not going to do any of that introduction **** today. I'm Mr. Rael, and we're going to start lessons today."

Unlike Flynn, Summer was not feeling at all excited about the survival classes, today or in the future. She was definitly not tall, strong or mighty, and as a result would probably get weeded out (or, Hell, even broken) pretty soon. "Oh, man, this is gonna suck." Summer moaned softly from her hiding place, and attempted to move back further. However, it seemed like the incoming students had the same idea, and she was quickly jostled to the front. Okay, time to try something different... after quickly thinking through the possible options and their consequences, Summer put a look of pain on her face and raised her hand. "Uh, excused."

Mr. Rael slowly looked over at Summer, and then he approached her. Squinting and looking her straight in the eyes, Mr. Rael said, "You look fine to me, nice try." Turning to everyone else, he yelled, "On that note, no fakers allowed! If ANY of you attempt to get out of this class, expect your dinner to be taken away." Turning back to Summer, he said, "Consider this your first warning. If you make another error you can bet I'm sending you straight to the principal." Backing away, he noticed that there was now a good number of students around. "Alright, everyone do 5 laps around the gym, go!"

Celia looked at Mr Rael. Laps? Groaning, Celia pulled off her hoodie, pushing it to the side of the gym. Sure, she was great at swimming and the like, but running? No. She did not do running. Her legs were slick and weightless in the water, partly because of her selkie abilities, but out of water, her legs weighed her down and they always ached after. Looking at the other students, they seemed to look the same. She started to jog slowly around the gym, slowing down when she got to Summer. "Bad luck. It's just jogging though, I guess." she said, trying to assure her this wasn't as bad. She smiled faintly at Summer. She hated this too, but what could could she do? Mr Rael seemed to see through everything.

It took Summer's best efforts not to pull away from Mr Rael's gaze, instead staring straight back. "Another 'error'? Like, what, I trip over or something?" Summer remained standing there for a few moments before she realised the others were running, setting off herself and catching up with her friends. "I think every teacher here is out to get me." Summer scowled, ignoring the fact she usually brought it on herself. "Having the gym teacher hate me, though, is not good at all. And what accent is that anyway?"

Glad that this was going to be a class that probably had aspects very familiar to that of the aspects back home in gym class, Flynn began to jog. He tried to keep pace with Summer and Celia, but his legs were itching to go faster, clearly from his days of being in football, basketball, and tennis. Of course, since the war began, there was no sports at his school due to all the coaches heading out to go join the army, but now that he was here, given the chance to run in a gym as fast as he wanted, he pushed a little ahead of Celia and Summer.

Well, if Flynn was leaving them... Summer slowed down, reducing her speed to a small jog until she was practically at the bottom of the pack. Of course, this meant it took her longer to complete the laps, but hey. Summer was saving her energy for the later torture, torture that wpuld probably involve that equipment there... oh, god, was this dull warm up nearly over?

Ooc: due to being on holiday with little to no signal, replies may take longer/be shorter/not appear at all :/

Rolling her eyes, Celia continued at her steady pace. She wondered what was going to happen after this. Dodgeball? That kinda fitted in to military training, she guessed - grenade dodging? Why were they doing survival practise anyway - they were safe in this hell of a school. Were they thinking of sending them outside? Sighing, she realized her imagination was working over time again . That happened when she was bored. By that time, she'd finished laps and slowed to a stop by the other students, hoping that the next activity wasn't too bad.

After finishing his laps, Flynn waited for Summer and Celia to finish before walking back over to them and beginning to apologize. "Sorry, I couldn't resi-" He was cut off by Mr. Rael yelling to them, "ALRIGHT! WE'RE GOING OUTSIDE TO PRACTICE ARCHERY." Confused, Flynn didn't bother to finish his sentence he had been in the middle of before Mr. Rael had yelled to them. Instead, he said to Summer and Celia, "Wait, archery? That's actually kinda awesome."

Summer ground to a halt, wincing as Mr Rael yelled at tjem all. But then the grimace was changed for a grin as Summer heard what they were doing. "Awesomeeeeee." Then she frowned, thinking as they were sheparded outside. "Okay, archery's great and all, but it's not exactly useful in the modern wotld... hey!" She turned to the teacher. "Why archery?"

"Woah, archery? That's... Different." mumbled Celia. Maybe she was too quick to judge Mr Rael. Grinning, she strolled outside. She hadn't done archery for ages -- last time was when she was 15, and even then it was only a day course. She liked archery; it was a fun sport that she admired. Celia shrugged. Maybe they used archers in the army? It was old-fashioned and all, but the enemy wouldn't expect that and that was an advantage.

"Archery, huh. That sounds awesome, I've never used a bow and arrow in my life." Flynn felt the excitement in him build up high, higher than it had ever been since he had entered this lame ol' school. Stepping outside, he listened to Mr. Rael instruct them all on how to hold to position the bow and arrow and how to properly shoot. When Mr. Rael stepped back and told them to all give it a try, Flynn stepped forward, took a random bow and an arrow and tried shooting at a target. The arrow hit the outside edge of the target. Frowning, Flynn reloaded the bow and tried again.

Celia picked up a bow and arrow off the floor and aimed at a target. She hadn't done archery for ages, but the bow and arrow felt familiar - it felt "right". She liked it. Taking a deep breath, she shot the arrow at the target. It hit slightly off center. She grinned at herself, cheering herself on silently. Relaxing her arms, she gazed at the target. Maybe this school wouldn't be too bad...

Summer had only tried archery a few times before, and that was a long time ago. It was an interesting activity, for her power couldn't help her at all here - sure, she could draw a bow and/or arrows, but she would still have to pick it up and fire it straight. With that in mind, Summer twisted around to pick up a bow and arrow and then stepped back, watching as Flynn and Celia shot before firing herself. For a moment it looked like it was going to hit dead center, but then the arrow sank and finally lodged itself on the line between the red and yellow. "Huh. That was alright."

Quickly looking to make sure Mr. Rael was busy chewing out another student about using the wrong technique, Flynn quickly spoke to Celia and Summer while he could. "Man," Flynn turned to Celia and Summer, "You guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than me. I totally stink at this." He turned back to his target and then loaded the bow with the arrow, and then shot again. This shot missed and ended up hitting the very top edge of the target. "Yeah. I totally suck at this..."

"Hey, it's alright." Summer said, not looking at Flynn due to the fact she was firing another arrow. When she saw it had hit the same place, she finally turned to frown at Flynn. "Try and move it down a little? Mr Rael'll probably head this way soon, and you don't want to have the wrong technique..." Summer squinted and looked down the arrow, tilting it slightly before firing it. The action was quickly followed by a squeal. "Oh my god! I hit the center!"

Celia grinned at Flynn. "You'll be fine. You just need to put your elbow up more and create more tension." she said, launching another arrow at the target, which hit the center. She smiled at herself, and turned her head to see Mr Rael heading towards them. Celia smiled lightly at Summer and her squeal, picking up another arrow from the floor. She loaded her bow up, and anchored the arrow.

Staring in amazement at the arrow that was sitting perfectly in the middle of Summer's target, he quickly glanced over to make sure Mr. Rael wasn't looking before exclaiming to her, "Woah! That was awesome! Anyway, gotcha, Celia, I'll try that." He picked up another arrow and then aimed it at the target, this time making sure to lift his elbow up further. This time, his arrow managed to hit the circle around the circle around the bullseye. "Well, I'm getting better, at least. This time, I didn't miss completely or hit the edge."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back