Northlake Academy ~ A part fantasy, part futuristic RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celia turned a corner and stopped. She was walking the right way, right? She didn't know. This school was like a maze - no signs, or numbers on must of the doors. Most students were still wandering around, opening doors and hoping that it was the right classroom. She sighed, and contined walking. She'd be fine... Probably. Pushing her way through crowd silently, she thought that the teacher would probably punish everyone in the class, whether they arrived at the right time or not.

After a while of walking, she reached an old, burgundy door that had golden numbers literally hanging off it. 23. She opened the door and walked in.

Noticing the girl turn into a room, Flynn quickly ducked that way, and saw the burgundy door with the golden numbers 23. YES. This meant he wasn't going to be stuck wandering the halls like everybody else. Entering the room, he was surprised to see a rather normal looking classroom, with desks and the usual whiteboard. Shocked by the normal school setting in such a prison like building, Flynn slowly walked over to a random desk and sat down. He looked around the room, taking in his surroundings.

Reese followed behind a few of the people who had the same homeroom as he did, and was surprised at how easy it actually was to find the room. There weren't many seats filled up, but he chose one near the front; he had always had trouble hearing from the back of the classroom. He couldn't see a teacher anywhere. He rolled up the sleeves on his yellow hoodie, and kind of just glanced around the room for awhile, not knowing exactly what to do.

"Good idea." Summer said, sticking close to Flynn as they continued to weave their way through the corridors. When Flynn turned, Summer did too, until she was confronted with a very old looking door. But forget the door, the numbers were what she was interested in: 23. "We found it!" Summer grinned, entering the room and looking around. "Whoa. It looks... normal?" Moving carefully, as if it were all an illusion and she was going to disrupt it, Summer moved over and sat at the desk next to Flynn, wondering when the teacher was going to show up and praying it wasn't Anna.

Celia sat down on a seat by the window. Gazing out of the window, she saw hill after hill of trees and forest. Ugh. There really was no escape from here. Despite the fact that the classroom looked normal, there seemed to be this cold atmosphere in it. It was hot and bustling outside the classroom, in the hallways, but inside, the heat was stifling. She took off her pale blue hoodie and hung it on the back of the chair.

ooc: Sorry bout any mistakes-on my iPod, c:

Last edited by a moderator:
(Alright, who wants to play the female teacher here? I'll do it if none of you wanna do it. And one more thing, should I make an ooc page for this?)

Directing his gaze out the window, Flynn imagined using his lightning to shatter the glass window and escape, but realized there was a chance he could get caught. Since looking out the window made him feel miserable, he directed his gaze back to the completely blank whiteboard. "This room really looks too normal to be true," he said to Summer. "It kinda makes me wanna break the window and escape from this creepy place."

(Eh, I'll do it, even though I have no idea what goes on in homeroom xD And Hm, might be an idea...)

"There'll be no window breaking here." Summer whipped around as a brittle voice came from the back of the room. She eventually saw a female - Mrs Partridge, most likely- walking towards the front of the classroom, her dark brown bob bouncing with each step. "After all, I'm paid to keep you brats here." Summer caught her muttering as she passed inbetween her and Flynn's desks in her journey, smacking the back of Flynn's head as she did so. When she reached the front, she spun around, a small smirk creeping onto her face. "As those who were clever enough to read your schedule will know, I am Mrs Partridge. However, we know... nothing about you, so each person is going to come up and introduce themself. Every. Single. One." She raised her hand an extended a finger, pointing at Flynn. "How about you first?"

ooc: It's a good idea -- I say go for it!

Celia groaned, sliding down her seat further until her head was on her desk. She suspected that these teachers probably lived in the school; meaning that there would really be no fun here. Frowning, she thought about what she would say. Her name would probably be enough. And her age. There wasn't anything else that stuck out, considering that if she said anything else, she would probably get a detention. A detention would probably be the same as no detention really -- mind numbing classes and boring breaks. Huh. Gazing up at Mes Partridge she noticed how old she looked -- as if age had caught up on her. Her height and posture looked as if it belonged to a young adult, but her face belonged to a woman in her 70s.

Flynn's head throbbed from where he had been smacked. He rubbed it with his fingers as Mrs. Partridge introduced herself to the class. Knowing he should probably obey instantly, Flynn nodded. "Yes Mrs. Partridge." He stood up and went up to the front of the room. "My name's Flynn Rogers, I'm 17, and I'm from Chicago, Illinois." He hoped that would work and be accepted by Mrs. Partridge so he could hurry up and go sit back down. He didn't really enjoy standing up here in front of the class.

Summer watched as Flynn got up and moved to the front of the class, and her gaze flicked between her friend and Mrs Partridge as she simply stood there and watched Flynn, an expression of disgust on her face as she did so and drumming her fingers against her arm. For a few moments after Flynn had finished, the teacher kept staring at him, clearly to make him feel uncomfortable, before giving a quick, sharp nod. "Okay. Go." She raised her hand again and shooed him away, before pointing to Summer at the next desk. "You next."

Summer decided not to hesistate, getting up and moving to the front of the class. Might as well get this over with. "Uh, hi, I'm Summer Patterson, I'm fourteen years old, and I'm from Michigan." She gave a quick smile before moving back to her seat, and, as Mrs Partridge picked on other people, leaning over and muttering to Flynn "You okay? That b*tch hit you pretty hard... the sooner we get out of here the better. Do you know what time it is?"

Celia glared at Mrs Partridge with a look of repulsion. How could she look at someone like that when she herself was so revolting. An emotion shook through her - a mixture of loathing and pity. Pity of how sad she was and how lonely she must be, to be in a school like this. Narrowing her eyes at Mrs Partridge, she sniffed. Huh, Mrs Partridge smelt of coffee. Then again, it seemed that all teachers did.

ooc: Shouldn't the teachers and adults have accents? If they're european? (mightbeastupidquestionlol)

Reese frowned at the fact they had to get up and talk about themselves in front of everyone- well, the few people that were here. He watched as the teacher scowled as the first boy, Flynn, got up to speak. He looked really miserable. Reese was actually enjoying hearing about the other students though. He started to lightly tap his foot on the ground. He glanced at a few of the other kids in the class. They didn't look very excited as well.

ooc: You're right, they should... Pretend the Principal dude I was playing has a german accent.

Sitting down and resuming his rubbing of his head, Flynn looked over at Mrs. Partridge to make sure she wasn't looking before quickly and very softly whispering to her, "I'm fine, although my head hurts. Sadly, I had to give up my watch, so I dunno what time it is." Quickly swooping his attention back to the people introducing themselves, he put his hand down from his head. Ugh. He really wished he had his watch with him, he missed it so much. Almost as much as he missed his phone.

Ooc: Alright, Mrs Partridge is now... British.

"You had to give up your watch? That's a bit daft. Is there a clock anywhere in here?" Summer asked, frowning and glancing around the room until Mrs Patridge told her off. "Patterson! Face the front and stop talking. He's too old for you anyway." Sighing, Summer glared at the front as Mrs Partridge pointed to Celia. "You haven't been yet, have you? Up."

ooc: British! :D (On another note, do any of you know how to disable emotions? I don't really like them very much. :/)

Celia sighed and rolled her eyes. Not bothering to go to the front of the room, she stood up quickly and took a deep breath. She wasn't worried about this; after all, she guessed that most of the class had made their mind up about her already She said in a clear, yet somewhat monotonous voice, "I'm Cecilia Selford and I'm 16 years old. I come from Maryland, but I'm half Russian." There wasn't anything else to say - that she could think of, anyway. With that, she sat down, ignoring Mrs Partridge.

Once again watching for a moment Mrs. Partridge wasn't looking, he quickly glanced over and mouthed Sorry at Summer before he was caught. Looking up at the girl in front introducing herself who happened to be the girl who he had followed to find room 23, Flynn decided she was a nice person and would probably be worth being friends with. In this place, he would need all the friends he could get thanks to the staff from h*** and the creepy prison like structure of this academy.

Ooc: seriously, what time is it in this RP? xDDDD

Summer nodded back at Flynn as code for 'It's alright' before turning to look at Celia as she introduced herself. She didn't seem like the confident type at all, and Summer was surprised to see she'd even stood up. Mrs Partridge, however, wasn't impressed. "That, my dear, is not the front." She clicked her fingers, pointing to a spot next to her. "Come up here and try again. Now."

"Urgh. I might ask to go to the toliet or something and not return." Summer muttered.

ooc: blah

(quick pic of Celia, just so you know what she actually looks like. Cos I forgot to mention a loud of things. Ah, well.)

Frowning, Celia stood up and walked over to Mrs Partridge. Gazing up at Mrs Partridge's face, she could almost smell her breakfast and coffee from her mouth. She grimaced, and said once again, loudly "I'm Cecilia Selford, and as I said before, I'm still 16 years old and half Russian, living in Maryland.". She walked back to her seat and sat back down, impatient. She wasn't going to wait for Mrs Partridge's dismissal.

ooc... Err.... Let's say that it's about 1 PM right now.

He could only imagine what would happen if Summer skipped the rest of this dreadful class period. She's already lost her dinner for the night, so clearly, if she skipped... Oh man. Don't, Flynn quickly mouthed to Summer when Mrs. Partridge was looking over at Celia. Poor girl, well, at least she hadn't gotten a huge smack to the back of her head. He felt bad for her, and wished he could use his lightning on Mrs. Partridge. Course, that would likely get him in trouble. Or would it?

Summer frowned, wondering why Flynn was discouraging her. Surely he wanted to get out of here as much as she did? "Okay," She mouthed. "Why don't you just break the window then?" Turning back to the front, Summer watched as Mrs Partridge made a small noise and waved Celia away. "Alright, go. And don't be so sarcastic in future." Summer sighed, pulling out her pencil and brushing it over the table as she sat in silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back