Northlake Academy ~ A part fantasy, part futuristic RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think at least one person should stay awake on guard... and since I suggested this terrible idea, I guess I'll take first watch." Summer sighed, wishing she at least had a blanket or something. Maybe she'd draw one for herself later... making a small noise as she rolled over to grab her backpack, Summer pulled her sketchpad and a pencil out. "You guys can go to sleep now, if you want..."

Nat had just opened her mouth to reply when Gill hung up. "Urgh, fine." She said, checking her own phone's GPS and changing her direction.

"Mm. I guess that would be best." Celia murmured in response, climbing up onto a tree branch, but not before testing it with her foot. She wasn't entirely comfortable about this idea - there was something about sleeping in the open air that got to her - but hey, it was somewhere, at least. She wasn't all that tired, in all honesty. She had slept late, as usual, that day. She scoffed under her breath about how different this whole day had been; she been in a warm, albeit slightly uncomfortable bed this morning, and now she was sleeping on a tree branch, on the run from some crazy teachers. Pulling out her blanket, she wrapped it around herself, and snuggled into it. Not too bad.

BTW, me and Runner have been coming up with some plotz: the three steal a vehicle to get across Canada and possible crash it, and... Summer gets caught :D Any other ideas?

Summer randomly doodled on her sketchpad for a few minutes before glancing over at Celia. She decided to draw a blanket fo herself, and pretty soon she was snuggled underneath a thick blanket just like Celia's. "Mm. Nice idea."

God, I'd love to see them (try) and drive a pick-up truck xD Hm, maybe them getting to a village/town/whatever and some more hijinks? Close shaves with police/gangsters/mafia in town and stolen/fake identities?

Celia stared up at the sky, and gave a small sigh. How long would this go on? Them being on the run and all that would get tiring. Especially any torturing or capturing. That would be fun, actually. She mentally shook herself. She was getting ahead of herself now. "So. Which school did you go to before, Summer?" she asked, out of the blue. She wasn't gonna get any sleep soon.

Well, there'd probably be EU soldiers in the town...

"Hm?" Summer tore her attention away from the drawing she was currently working on, tilting her head to look at Celia and wincing when a small twig or something dug into the side of her face. Snapping it off the branch, she answered Celia. "It wasn't anything special. A run down building in a grotty town somewhere." A faint smile crept onto her face. "Still, I made the art room my own..." A sigh. "That seems so far away from now... my old school, my old town, my old life..."

"I know," Flynn interrupted. "It feels like Chicago is so far away, I really miss taking naps on the sofa and doing nothing..." He really couldn't believe how much he'd changed since he first came to the Academy. He'd changed from lazy idiot to.. Flynn had never been good at describing himself, so he stopped. "I can't wait to get home." If we ever do, that is.

Gill continued to run south, looking on at his phone every now and then. Since it was dark, he was using his phone for a light, since he didn't want to waste his energy using his fire to light the way. He was really ticked off now, since he was losing his precious sleep all because he had to spend his night chasing some stupid brats.

Summer was silent for a few moments. "D-do you think it's actually a good idea to go home?" She asked quietly, closing her eyes and sighing. "I mean, isn't that what they'll expect? Us to go home? They'll find us, target our town, our friends, our family..." She rubbed her eyes, finding a few tears leaking out. "I'm scared, Flynn."

Celia stayed quiet, thoughts running through her head. What would happen if they did go home? Huh. She'd never really thought whether their actions would have an effect on other people. Her family... She couldn't let them get hurt. The things she did wrong... Things which she shouldn't have done... They couldn't hurt her family, could they. Closing her eyes, Celia decided she wouldn't worry. There was no use worrying. No use worrying. She repeated the phrase - it was a mantra, and it would stop bad things from happening. No it wouldn't. Of course it wouldn't.

Idiot.

He was silent for a moment before replying, "There has got to be some way to take the Academy down... And save all the other kids who had to go there." Flynn readjusted his position on the branch, and then found himself beginning to give in to sleep. Finally, his eyelids shut, and he was asleep.

"Yeah, but how?" Summer rubbed her eyes, before remembering she was meant to be on guard duty. "We're just three kids, really... I know you guys are older, but... oh. You both look asleep." Sighing, Summer went back to her drawing, trying to fight the uneasy feeling in her stomach.

Timeskip?

Mmkay, timeskip to next day.

Flynn slowly awoke, his back sore from having slept on a branch, which was anything but soft. "Uggh." He sat up, startled, and nearly fell out of the tree, as he forgot where he was. "Ugh. Morning guys! Get up, we need to get moving. Overnight, the Academy workers might have advanced, and they might be standing by this tree for all we know." Grabbing his backpack, Flynn realized he could actually eat now. Smiling, he took a banana out of the bag, and started to ravenously eat. It. Was. So. Delicious.

After staying on guard duty for a good portion of the night, Summer had eventually passed the dity on and had fallen asleep. Groaning, she opened eyes, realising she had fallen asleep hugging her sketchpad to her chest. "Hey guys..." She rubbed her eyes, trying to sound cheerful. "Come on, up an' at em. We need to reach a town today."

Natasha had spent a good portion of the night searching for the runaways, but had eventually had to admit defeat and slope back to the camp. Sure, Mr Rael had shouted at them, but that made her the more determined to find them. Right now she was eating breakfast, and eventually, she found Gill. "Mr Rael says we've gotta get out looking again once we've eaten. He says we need to take the van and drive to the nearest town. That's where they're likely to go or be."

Celia opened her eyes groggily and groaned. It was too early for any sort of activity. Sitting up, half-asleep, she dropped out of the tree, landed on her feet softly. Grunting a morning greeting, she started to pack her blanket back into her backpack. "Yay." was the only word she could manage to sort of half-mummur, as she sat down on the damp, mossy grass.

"Mmkay... Ugh." Flynn wrinkled his nose in disgust at the smell of his shirt. It smelled gross. "Um, you think you guys could like, look away for a moment, so I could change my shirt?" Without waiting for an answer, he simply just turned away from them and then took his shirt off, and shoved it into the bottom of his backpack, in a compartment away from the rest of his stuff. He then took out a clean shirt, his last one, and put it on.

Gill yawned sleepily, before muttering, "Okay." Rubbing his eyes, he continued to shove forkloads of delicious ketchup lathered hashbrowns into his mouth.

"Ah, heck. I didn't think of that." Summer wrinkled her nose, smelling her own shirt. "Yeah... Flynn, stay facing that way." Thankfully, Summer had remembered to keep her clothes, and quickly changed. "Okay, I am good to go. I'll ignore my hunger pangs since I was such an idiot yesterday." She sighed, zipping up her bag.

Natasha sat by Gill's side, having already eaten her breakfast. "Did Mr Rael shout at you last night too?"

Gill shook his head. "Nope. I figured the meathead would yell at us, so I made sure to not come back until I was sure he was asleep. He'll probably yell at me later, though." He finished his hashbrowns, and simply left the paper plate on the ground, not bothering to pick it up. "Well. Shall we go?"

Flynn let out a sigh of relief, glad that he didn't stink like BO anymore. The only issue was, he still sort of stunk because he hadn't taken a bath in 25 hours. Groaning, he thought out loud, "God. I really hope we can find somewhere to wash up soon.." He then climbed out of the tree, but not before making sure not to forget anything. "Alright. Let's get moving again..."

"Mmhm." nodded Celia, shaking her hoodie off and shoving it into her bag. Hauling it onto her back, she replied "Yeah. I guess we should.". Untying her hair from its usual ponytail, she looked up at the sky. It was a seemingly clear day, but she felt goosebumps on her skin without the sunlight on. She didn't smell too bad, probably. She never was a sweaty sort-of person, but then again, she never really noticed what she smelt like.

"That was smart of you." Natasha told Gill, nodding in approval. "And sure. Why not?" She continued, getting to her feet. "Mr Rael made me get up early this morning and sort out the van." Nat explained as she started walking across the campsite. "He also gave me the files of the three people who've run away. So now at least we'll know who we're dealing with. I haven't looked at them yet; they're still in the van."

Summer paused at Flynn's words, before unzipping her bag and starting to rummage through her bag again. Pulling out some deoderant, she spoke over the soft noise of her spraying it over her body. "Better start walking then... god, I hope we can get a vehicle soon. I hate physical movement." A grin. "I kept failing survival for a reason, y'know. The only thing I could ever do was archery, because that's SO helpful." A pause. "Can either of you actually drive? I mean, I'm only fourtee- fifteen. Sorry, keep forgetting I had my birthday."

"I did get my drivers license, since I'm 17, but mainly because my dad is the type to push people to do things he thinks is necessary for life and stuff, but it's been quite a while since I last drove, and I'm not exactly a super good driver," Flynn said, thinking about how he failed his first drivers test, but managed to get it on the second try. That was when an idea occurred to him. "Say.. Speaking of vehicles.. Couldn't you draw a car or something, Summer?"

"Great. Show me to the van, since I have no idea where it is. And on that note, who's gonna drive? I can't drive yet, and even if I could, I wouldn't. I can't drive on the other side of the road." Gill snatched an apple from the food table set up for students to get their breakfasts from, and then began to bite into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back