Northlake Academy ~ A part fantasy, part futuristic RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celia's bike slowly grinded to a halt as she neared the bottom of the hill. Stopping next to Summer, she contemplated the situation and raised her eyebrows. She threw a worried glance at Flynn, and put the balls of her feet down onto the grass. She pushed herself along, sighing quietly. "How far do you think we are from a town?" she asked rather somberly, stopping for a second on her bike.

Gill snorted. "Last time I checked, I don't resemble a balding 45 year old man.The same to you, you look just like your mummy." Gill blew another bubble with his gum, before popping it, and then adding, "You know, you can speed since we're in the middle of nowhere and it's not like the Canadian police can get us. Sides, if the police pull us over, we can just threaten them and all will be good."

Flynn shrugged. "Dunno." Climbing back on his bike, he wiped the dirt off of his arms, and then looked back up at the other two. "Let's just keep going south anyway, and maybe we can hit a highway or something. We could probably follow it south to the nearest town.... I think. I really wish we had a map, because it's hard to try to look for a town by just going south..."

"Take that back. Actually, no, I'd rather look like her than have thay god awful haircut you have." Natasha retorted, taking Gill's suggestion about speeding up. "Ah, that looks like a town."

"I think drawing a map is a little out of my league..." Summer said. "I mean, Mr Rael gave us that handdrawn map, but it's fairly useless." She pulled up so she was side by side with Flynn. "And yeah, guess we're better off just cycling till we hit somewhere. Actually, we have no choice."

"I know. I was about to say that," Flynn said. "Not to mention, you don't know exactly where we are at the moment, or where the towns are, so a map is definitely out of the question." With a sigh, Flynn continued to pedal. "I've never wanted to go home as much as I do now. This is just...." He sighed. "Ugh. I need to really think positive."

Gill snorted. "Shut up, shut up." He turned away, but when she mentioned seeing a town, he glanced over through the windshield. "Huh. It looks like a fairly decent sized town. Well, you'd better slow down before the policemen of this city come chasing after us. Thank god we're finally in a freaking city."

"I know... I never thought I'd miss my parents and my bratty sister, but hey. I guess times change..." Summer sighed. "And I certainly don't want any of them to get into trouble because of me escaping." She continued quietly before looking down at the path. "Hey, this seems smoother. Maybe we're near civilisation!"

Natasha gave a snort of laughter before becoming serious. "Ah, I wouldn't exactly call this place a city. And fine." She rolled her eyes, slowing down to an acceptable level. "So we need a plan of action."

"Well, first off, we can go ahead and ask around to see if anyone the three, since we have their files complete with pictures." Gill said. "And if nothing turns up, worst case scenario, then we have to go back and then look around the nine miles worth of wilderness. Which would suck %^*&&^."

Flynn stared at the ground, while still pedaling, spacing out and thinking about his family. He really missed everyone in his family so much. He worried about his dad, who had gone out to fight in the war. He really hoped he was okay. When Flynn snapped back to the real world and saw the path, he smiled. "Yes! Finally! God, I don't know how long we've been traveling, but thank god."

Last edited by a moderator:
Natasha nodded but didn't say anything until she had found a safe place to park the van. "Sounds like a good idea. And if we happen to run into them, well, more's the better." She killed the engine and grabbed one of the files as she opened the door. "Let's do this."

Summer gave a small cheer as the path became noticably smoother. "Whoo hoo! Civilisation!" A pause. "What are we actually gonna do there? I'm assuming find supplied at least..."

Flynn was about to open his mouth to agree but cringed when a rather unpleasant thought occurred to him. "Summer... We don't have any money. So how are we gonna get supplies that don't come from a dumpster?" He squirmed slightly at the thought of eating food from a trash can. When he was a kid, he sometimes thought about doing so, since he thought it'd be fun to play homeless, but he certainly didn't actually want to eat garbage.

Summer's face fell. "Oh... I never thought about that." Cringing at the thought of getting stuff out of a dump, she chewed on her lip, thinking hard. "It would take me too long to draw some, and besides I probably wouldn't get it right..." Then Summer groaned as something occured to her. "The only thing I can think of is that... we steal some somehow. Which I have no idea how we would pull off. And I certainly do not feel comfortable with."

Celia glanced down at the rugged ground, and shrugged carelessly. "Unless you wanna be digging in trash cans, then... Yeah. We're gonna have to. In all honesty, what we're doing isn't that illegal. I mean, it's not our fault we got chucked into this weird school that wants to use us for our powers and now we're escaping, we desperately need some supplies. If anyone's illegal, it's them. I swear it's against the human rights or something like that." She continued riding on, enjoying the fact that it was easier to ride.

"True, but still..." In an attempt to lighten the situation, Summer grinned. "Ack, Flynn, can't you just go and seduce some girl and ask her to bail you out? Us girls can hide..." Sighing, Summer kept pedalling, dismissing the silly idea in her head. "Sadly, stealing some money for our own survival is looking more and more likely..." In her mind she was trying to swing herself towards it - they needed to survive, after all, didn't they?

Flynn shot Summer a dirty look. "Heck no, I am not doing that. Why don't you two go out in swimwear and ask for money or something? It might work." Turning his gaze back to the road in front of him to make sure he was still going the right way, he added, "Anyway, back to seriousness, yeah, I'm thinking we'll have to steal. Or otherwise, we'll have to go to the Food Bank in the town and get food.. Although we don't look ragged or skinny enough."

"Showtime." Gill followed Nat's lead, and jumped of the van, shutting the door behind him. He walked up to a nearby trash can, and spit out his gum and then ran back to Nat. "For starters, why don't we go to to the police station and ask?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Speak for yourself, I'm tiny for age. I've lost weight since I went to Northlake - survival and continually missing mealtimes does that to you." Summer pointed out. "But yeah... I guess we're gonna have to steal." She swallowed. "How're we gonna do this?"

While Gill spat out his gum Nat removed the photos from the three files, and was locking the van when Gill came back. "If we go there, they'll want lots of information. They'll probably also ask to keep the photos. In short, they'll waste precious time we could be using to find them, and they'll need way too much information."

"That's actually true. And they'd need an explanation on who we are and why we're looking for them and stuff. But if they could get the local media involved, it would be good... Oh well. Hmm.." Gill thought for a few moments, and then suggested, "Well, we could go to places they could get food and stuff. If they're in a town, they'll likely stock up on provisions, considering they dumped their gear and all."

"Well.... I guess I could use my powers to fry a bank's power systems, so that way security cameras fail... And I could maybe force the electric safes to open... And you guys could get the money... Uh... Yeah." He continued to pedal, looking down at the ground, as if shamed by the very thought of having to rob a bank.

Celia glanced up and said, rather shamelessly, "I'm guessing we'll have to hijack a car, as well, if we want to get away." She jerked her thumb at Flynn and added, "But I'm sure you could take care of that." She grinned, literally jumping excitedly on the ground. "God, this is gonna be just like the movies!" She had always wanted to do something like this; not necessarily stealing, but something with excitement and a hint of danger. She had a feeling that this type of stuff would be happening a lot more now.

"That sounds like a much more sensible idea." Natasha agreed, beginning to walk. "We can hang around there and look for them while asking others if they've seen them. Of course, we can ask people on the way." Natasha passed Gill the picture of Summer. "Here. You take that one."

"I was thinking more mugging some randomer... I doubt we could actually rob a bank." Summer pointed out. The shape of the town was starting to appear clearer as they approached. "I bet one of us could just approach someone with a hint of power showing and..."

"Hmph. Ok. I still think robbing a bank would be more fun, but heigh-ho. I guess we should do it together, cause I doubt they'd go running if they just saw me flicking a bit of water. We'll hafta get out of here quickly though - I'm guessing word travels round fast here." She shivered, pedalling faster in hope of some warmth. "Can we warm up first somewhere though? It's cold."

"I still think we should rob a bank at night or something. If we attack a person, they'll be able to remember us and we'll be in trouble. None of us have memory erasing powers, unfortunately." Sighing, Flynn said to Celia, "Where can we go to warm up? We can't go to stores, since they don't let people come in and stay for too long if they aren't gonna buy anything..."

"Yeah, but if someone saw a guy with his face covered up with, I don't know, electricity coming pit of his hand..." Summer pointed out before trailing off. She frowned. "We might just have to switch between stores in that case... then again, who knows what's in this town."

Flynn sighed. "Not to sound like some dumb disney character, but hurting people is just wrong. I could do it and all, but I'd feel guilty." He stared down at the ground. "What if I robbed some guy who's poor, and is a dad? I would hate myself for that." He continued to pedal, buta little more slowly since he was busy thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back