Obama vs. Mccain

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea who I like better.

Both for different reasons.

McCain- Abortion. He is against abortion, unless lives are threatened because of the pregnancy.

Obama- He has better connections with people. I understand what he's saying better then McCain.

And other reasons too ^^

Plus Obama would raise taxes for hard working families and give money to people who break the law (illegal immagrants).
Ok, let's get this straight, there is no such thing as "illegal" immagrants. They're just people from another country who live in the U.S. They're just trying to HAVE A BETTER LIFE!!! And in my opinion, they deserve the money.

I would vote for Obama but I don't think it matters. They're both going to die in the White House (McCain- Old; Obama- K.K.K (racists) and who would want Miss-Govenor- Crazy-Lady for a president. "If we don't allow gays to get married, all of our problems will just, POOF, disapear." Oh who CARES if gays get married? If two people love each other, no matter if they have who-whos or ha-has, they can get married if they want to.

EDIT: Taxes can't go to people. They go towards making trains, construction, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Illegal immigrants very much exist. They come to the U.S. without the proper documentation; illegally.

^ Illegal immigrants very much exist. They come to the U.S. without the proper documentation; illegally.
I know that "illegal" immagrants exist, but they're just people. This is supposed to be a free country. People come here to get a better life, not to be demoted to a criminal when they just wanted to be happy. People can't be illegal. This country is supposed to ACCEPT people.

I know that "illegal" immagrants exist, but they're just people. This is supposed to be a free country. People come here to get a better life, not to be demoted to a criminal when they just wanted to be happy. People can't be illegal. This country is supposed to ACCEPT people.
Basically, I don't see why anyone should be kicked out of a country just because they don't have special papers saying they can be there.

Oh big whoop, "U FROM CUBA WITH NO PAPER GTFO" America is a free country, we accept everyone. Just because they aren't from our country and don't have a piece of paper, they can't be here!?

The only thing that I could say against this arguement is for people who commited Homocide in another country trying to avoid the law by getting in America.

I'm on Mccain's side. Obama goes for abortion and homesexuality. Which is really really really really really really BAD. I mean killing babies is just plan wrong. God dosen't want that.
Im on Obama's side. I am not homosexual, but i have absolutely nothing againgst it. Of course, abortion can be wrong but what if you're a teen and someone does something (you know what im talking about) and you cant look after your child. So i am definately on Obama's side!

I'm on Obama's side. I think America really needs a change! Mccain will be spending more money than Obama for the war. Also, Mccain will be just like Bush! Do we really need another Bush?! Obama's plan for taxes are not what everyone thinks it is! The lower class people will be getting more money, the middle class will be the same, and the higher class people will just have to pay higher taxes. Also Obama's thing with the abortion, well I'm okay with it, because when you are a teen, or if you've been raped, there's got to be a way out because you shouldn't have to go through that if it's not even your fault!

THat's the only reason someone should be deported, if they are running from the law.
Exactly. I have no problem with immigration if they want to start a new life, if they want to come to America avoiding the law. Back with their sorry butts to were ever the crap they came from.

I am for Obama. He seems to be making a change to America for the better. Abortion and Homosexuality SHOULD be allowed. It's a free country, right? Why not freedom to choose sexuality? "Ohhh wah! God doesn't like Homos!" Why the HECK should religion play a role in a Presidential Election? Not everyone in America believes in the same God as you, if any God at all.

Anyway, Palin's a nutcase. She lacks in reasoning skills, which is why I noticed she starts acting all cutesy and giggles whenever she is backed in a corner. So even if McCain DID get elected, we would be stuck with her.

Almost anyone who's for McCain because of Obama's plans for taxes, listen. They may be bad, but then I BET the costs on everything will drop. Which is a good thing really. The lower classes can afford more then what they currently can.

ALSO, Bush has spent a good chunk of money on the America Iraq war. McCain wants to drag it on, and that could make the National debt WORSE. So you guys are saying you want this war to be dragged on longer then it needs to be?

Correction, this was a free country until we adopted laws. You can come to this country legally with passports and stuff. These people do not. These people are too lazy to even do that much.

Just look at how this country treats people from non-Christian religions or different sexual orientations. If this were a free country there would be Polygamy and underage sex. Do we accept those people? We are not free. We are not accepting. You're trapped here. Just try and become a citizen of somewhere else. <_<

... You can come to this country legally with passports and stuff. These people do not. These people are too lazy to even do that much...
That is true in many cases.

But illegal immigrants are not always "too lazy" to get a passport and stuff to come to America.

Sometimes they are escaping a regime where they cannot safely leave the country with their passport and come to the USA (or any other country).

Sometimes they are escaping a regime where they cannot even get a passport.

There are plenty of illegal immigrants who do not seek "political assylum" because they can't take the risk that the USA will not simply ship them back to where they came from. And there are plenty of low pay jobs that regular Americans won't do because it's below them. Think about how many Americans employ cleaners/housekeepers or child carers without finding out if they own a passport
I will add that the same can be said of other countries - this kind of thing routinely happens in the UK as well (for example).

My parents are legal immmagrants and they have been here for a while..but now a days its really hard to get papers. And um..if the United States wasnt a free country wouldnt there be laws on what culture or what religon you could practice or what kind of clothes you should wear. There has to be laws to protect people, like murdering, stealing, kidnapping, etc. Well thats my opinon so whatever.

McCain/Palin!

I don't like Obama and neither does my family or friends.

I don't think it really matters who is elected. Their both bluffing a lot. There's no way the senators will let them do half the stuff they've promised. It's probably more important to put a lot of thought into who our senators will be than who our president will be. That's just my opinion.

But I have a question, why do women abort the baby instead of putting it for adoption?
My cousin actually told me she believes that you should only have the baby if you want one. that why go through all the pain of child birth if you don't intend to keep the child anyway? plus, it would end up in foster care, and some foster cares aren't very safe. they could be abusive because some people just take in the kids just to have the money. I hope that explains it a bit. :lol:

My parents are legal immmagrants and they have been here for a while..but now a days its really hard to get papers. And um..if the United States wasnt a free country wouldnt there be laws on what culture or what religon you could practice or what kind of clothes you should wear. There has to be laws to protect people, like murdering, stealing, kidnapping, etc. Well thats my opinon so whatever.
Limited freedom is not true freedom. By wanting the government to protect you, one must give up certain freedoms. You don't have to give up all freedoms, but you are not free if you are restricted. This is not a free country, yes we are allowed to do most things and are sometimes protected by law to be able to do them but we are not truly free. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just it gets on my nerves when people say that this is a free country when obviously it's not... we even have restrictions on looking at certain materials.. it's not as bad as other countries... but there are countries with more freedoms than we.

Frankly, I also don't care about illegal immigrants but I do expect people to obey the set laws if they are here and to be able to communicate enough to get by (even if just by gesture). People don't HAVE to come here to escape some unknown evil, (which I've never heard of in this decade), and they certainly don't have to come here illegally. I have no sympathy for anyone who breaks the law. Not even those bicyclists in California who ride on the sidewalk because they're afraid of the drivers who don't bother to learn how bicyclists are supposed to ride in traffic (people break the law all the time in California). Many people see this as a bit extreme but if you are breaking the law, YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW! and you deserve the consequences of that.

This is something that the McCain campaign doesn't seem to care about because even when people associated with them are called in for trial, they don't go... ::cough Palin cough::

I dislike politicians in general but if anyone is gonna fix the mess we're in it would probably be Obama. If you side with McCain I beg you to do some research on reputable news websites.. hell, check out all the wonders Palin has circling around her. Have any of you McCain supporters read about his political stances before running for office and then after he started running? There are lots of flip-flops there... just do some research... there are some SERIOUS bad stuff surrounding McCain and his people... and all they got on Obama is oh, this guy who did bad stuff when he was six... oh he's a Muslim even though he's not and in a country that supposedly has a separation of church and state it shouldn't matter even if he was.

I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me, but before you decide, get informed. Don't let emotions and close-mindedness cloud your judgment... y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back