Pinkbutterflies's 4U Tama Log (+pics)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leia is a Pyonkotchi! I couldn't be more thrilled with her, to be honest. She is so cute, she's maintained her fashionable two ear/bun hairstyle from babyhood that keeps her in line with her namesake, and she's also a character on the V4 so she won't appear a Nazotchi when visiting (picture is kind of dark, sorry).

295bayr.jpg

On Saturday I spent some time letting Jisoo and Leia hang out together. I spent a long time trying to connect them and it kept failing. I really was getting nervous that there was an issue with one of them... but I know that Jisoo's battery is like 8 years old (way dangerous to be running in a tama probably... but I guess I like to live on the edge) so I took it out and put it back in. That alone fixed whatever problem was occurring, and the two were able to connect!

2ptt6jn.jpg

Leia won every game. :)

2zoda4k.jpg

A happy present giving- it was an ice cream. I know Leia is meant to be excited here, but she looks a little exasperated from the side view.

Yesterday was my birthday, and at first I woke up to Leia on my V3 making the celebratory noise that plays when you win a game. I'm assuming that it was something that happened in celebration of my birthday, but I wouldn't know as it only woke me up enough to turn her sound off and go back to sleep, haha.

In my free time in the morning I decided to fire up Machi and see what the 4U has in store for birthdays. I'm so glad that I did. First of all, there are decorations, and in English! I was surprised but happy!

t5nj37.jpg

Then Machi was hungry, so I took her to the cafe, where I got the biggest surprise of them all...

346x9vb.jpg

My heart, all of them at once. What a wonderful birthday celebration, thanks Bandai. :lol:

ay6kv5.jpg
fehq4i.jpg
mrx0yr.jpg

I decided that I would watch Machi all day, which of course meant that I needed to take care of her at work for a few hours. I didn't take off for my birthday because it was a random Monday and I'm trying to save my paid days for traveling. I realized when I went to go check on her that I'd left the sound on- easy fix, I thought, I can't hit the buttons to turn the sound off in case it disturbs my coworkers, so I'll just take the batteries out now. I forgot that removing the batteries is a bit of a process, and takes a couple of tries... and that a loud and happy reset song plays every time you hit the button for removal. :rolleyes: I managed to play the song at least three times before finally wrestling the batteries out... but I don't think anyone noticed enough to turn around, or care. But anyway, that was my attempt at running Machi yesterday- it was great up until the botched battery removal.

I've been so busy that finding time for my tamas has been tough, but we have had some bad weather recently that's been allowing me to work from home. The first day was two weeks ago- I knew the snow was meant to be bad, my boss even told me not to come in- but my internet at home wasn't working, so I had to. I ended up needing to leave the office after a few hours anyway, and the roads were VERY bad. Luckily I live close to work, but I couldn't quite get my car home. I had to park in a neighbor's driveway and walk. I had my 4U's batteries in and everything that morning, only to have to go into the office anyway. My internet was working by the time I got back, too :rolleyes: Since I got out early though, I still got some time with Machi! I had Leia out that day as well.

2ia8p03.jpg

This was me collecting Machi from the Tama Sitter after I got back home, she is so cute. :wub:

149ow8g.jpg

She also got a visit from this dude, who my brain randomly decided was called Pietro, and made off with some good Gotchi points for his visit.

Leia was also doing very cute animations throughout the day. When I was working it was such a nice pick-me-up to glance over and see her singing and dancing, or coming up to the screen for a hello! (sorry about the dust, I didn't notice it until after I cropped the photos)

141lbu8.jpg
14bqdqd.jpg

That brings us to today- another snow day. I actually worked from home yesterday too. It's harder to get things done at home than when I'm in the office, so when I was told yesterday morning to stay home I was not into it, but today I was mentally prepared and happier about it. Machi is up, and I bought her a new faceplate in my small hiatus!

34gkmr9.jpg

It's white with sparkles that reflect all different colors. A similar custom faceplate was really what inspired me to get a 4U over other kinds of color tamas, so I'm excited to finally have one.

So far today I only have Machi running, but after seeing Leia's cute animations from my last snow day again I'm tempted to start her up as well. I finally bought backup CR2032 batteries for my Connections, so I'm not worried about losing Jisoo or Leia at an inconvenient time or connecting them too much.

Well hello there B)

I know I'm always stating how busy I am in this log, but life this past month truly has been too hectic to run a tama. I started to fear I was losing my affinity for them again, but a few quick scrolls through the tama instagram accounts I follow had me excited to run mine. I restarted my mini last week after seeing a pic of someone else's Kuchipatchi, because he's so cute and I haven't had him yet. I can't hit that sweet spot for average care though, and got another Nyorotchi. He is also super cute, of course. :wub: After he hits oldie, I might just reset from there and try again.

Since I have a lot of time this morning and couldn't quite convince myself to get out of bed yet, I spent some quality time with Jisoo and Leia. I was thinking a few days ago how Jisoo was born over the Thanksgiving holiday, and how although he may be officially 6 he's nearing his (multi) hundreds in actuality. It's only fair for me to send him back to Tama Planet at some point, same for Leia. Especially when you've had a tama for so long, it gets harder to let them go.. but I am excited to see what their babies end up being.

9jlxxx.jpg

They play a lot of games together, and Leia is almost always winner. I guess she lets Jisoo win on the rare occasion. ;)

2ryixea.jpg
2lb2ydl.jpg

In return for always destroying him in competition, Jisoo really loves to give Leia either snakes or nothing as gifts.

15dx9vt.jpg
x1m3qq.jpg

Leia is normally gifting Jisoo ice cream or cake, but even after all her snakes and blank presents earlier she gave Jisoo a plant in return, which I loved. I forgot that sometimes tamas can get actual items for use as presents.

2eyesl3.jpg
wasetj.jpg

Jisoo likes Leia as a good friend, and Leia likes Jisoo as little more than an acquaintance. I can't even feel bad for him considering his gift-giving track record. He knows what he's done.

No real updates here. I reset my Mini this morning after Nyorotchi became Oyajitchi, but I'm expecting another Nyoro tomorrow because I forgot to check on him at work during the first half of my day. Doh. I'll just try, try again if that's the case!

I want to open my Entama, but I'm making a pact with myself to get to Leia and Jisoo's babies before I start up yet another tama. If I can find time this weekend that's what's up.

Mostly I'm posting this because I ran into my friend at the grocery store, and we started talking about how each of us have a method to shopping. I noted that my trips (more than) occasionally require a stop in the aisle with batteries.

Friend: WOW, you have a spot in your routine for batteries? What are you using that's causing you to go through batteries that quickly??

Me: Haha... ha.... I don't even know!

Her: I'm just impressed!

Maybe I should invest in rechargables at some point- it is a lot of batteries ;) Recently I've just been getting backup batteries for my connections, though!

Finally got a Kuchi! :lol: I've found that "Average" care on the mini means only keeping him half/a quarter fed, not starving it for only half the time. Ha. :p I still feel bad taking such awful care of a tama, but he sure is cute!

153uyj6.jpg

Earlier I was relaxing and decided to connect Jisoo and Leia a few more times. I've been doing it once or twice at random the past few days, but Leia still only had Jisoo at two smiles. It was today when he finally gifted her a heart that I knew they would finally move forward. And suddenly they both started shaking on screen, I could barely grab my phone fast enough:

o01itt.jpg

It's girls!

23lcv0k.jpg
2ryow80.jpg
dlp6r4.jpg

After having her daughters Leia immediately jumped into a nice, relaxing bath. Relatable content.

I was actually shocked that they had babies so soon, I hadn't thought their friendship meters were high enough. I went to look and I was actually a little right- they each had each other still listed as best friends, not lovers!

2rfzjmr.jpg

It was the same for Leia when I checked. I was really surprised, but justified it as maybe between Connection versions you can't list lovers as a weird quirk or something. After the birth though (and after I took a nap) I've just connected them again, and found that to not be the case.

2w6xoo6.jpg

Now they're listed as lovers, only after the birth of their children. As I remember it, tamas could be listed as lovers for quite a few visits before ever having kids. Maybe these two were just eager because I've had them paused for so long :rolleyes: Either way, it's time for me to start thinking of names...!

Latest posts

Back