Say No...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a debate with myself one night. It was because I couldent sleep, and i took some benedryll and that stuff makes me crazy. One of the arguments that I had was: If you say the marriage of tomatos and and baisl made the sauce compleat, nobody freaks out about the baisl and tomatos have no right to marry. Also the Constution says that church and state should be seprate. If prop eight would be passed, then that would contridict the constution. the definiton of marraige according to any holy book is that only men shall marry women, or something like that, so if church and state are seprate now, I don't think they will be for any longer.
Ugh, my spelling was horrible in that! Sorry, I guess I was still drowsy.

Anyway I heard a comercial talking about how prop eight would make public schools to teach about gay marriage. In truth the schools would say something along the lines of "Yeah, girls can marry girls, boys can marry boys, and girls can marry boys." Nothing to explicit. I heard somewere that if parents opose public schools saying that, they can vote on that particular school district's marriage education. Also, this is almost like saying that and african-american person can not marry an asian person because their races are diffrent. Some guy on Youtube (

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png) brought to my attention that one of the main reasons some people think that gays shouldent get married is because they can't produce children. So what aboul old people and infertile marriages, what about them.
Also, I thought this video was pretty good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RYi_IpnNyo

:) As a conservative of the voting age in California I'm voting no on prop 8. Who am I to restrict somebody from marring who they want to marry through government legislation? There are lots of heterosexual people who only get married for tax reasons and I think that's more wrong than two women being together.

I think it's a religious thing. If a church doesn't want to marry or accept gay marriage they don't have to. It is their right not to accept it. It is not their right to restrict it through law. Legal marriage and religious marriage are totally different.

I am a heterosexual and I personally think homosexuals must have something wrong in their heads... but what they do doesn't adversely affect me, who am I to tell them who to love? I've never met a homosexual man who wasn't polite and caring... sometimes lesbians get on my nerves but straight people do too. :) Really I don't care what they do in bed, I don't care who they love, I don't care what religion or race someone is but I do care that people have the choice to do what they want and have equal protection for the one they love under the law. This is what a no vote on prop 8 does. Equality for their union under the law.

It's kinda a 'duh' point for me... of course we should have equality. ;)

omg THANK you! ALL the people at my school are like "SAY YES ON PROP 8!!" but i think its really stupid, these are the excuses i got from ppl when i asked them why they say yes:

"we've had only straight marriges for so long. We would never be able to adapt!"

(yea just like we TOTTALLY coulnt adapt to the new laws that ppl of diffrent races could marry and women could vote ^_^ )

"Being gay is un-natrural, so no one should be gay!"

(eye glasses are un-natural too, but that didnt stop us)

"God didnt make this world fro gay people"

(yes and EVERY one believes that because there's only ONE religion in america)

the stuff in the ( ) are my thoughts on the things that they were saying, and just to be clear, i was being sarcastic, lol!

omg THANK you! ALL the people at my school are like "SAY YES ON PROP 8!!" but i think its really stupid, these are the excuses i got from ppl when i asked them why they say yes:
"we've had only straight marriges for so long. We would never be able to adapt!"

(yea just like we TOTTALLY coulnt adapt to the new laws that ppl of diffrent races could marry and women could vote ^_^ )

"Being gay is un-natrural, so no one should be gay!"

(eye glasses are un-natural too, but that didnt stop us)

"God didnt make this world fro gay people"

(yes and EVERY one believes that because there's only ONE religion in america)

the stuff in the ( ) are my thoughts on the things that they were saying, and just to be clear, i was being sarcastic, lol!
Respond to the bolded with, 'If God didn't make the world for gay people, why did he create them?'

People are rarely gay by choice. I'd actually bet if most of them had a choice they wouldn't be gay.

I completely agree with Tamamum.

Nobody has the right to say I can't get married just because they don't feel comfortable with it. I'm not here to please other people. I'm here to live my life and be happy with who/what I am.

People/laws shouldn't be able to restrict others' happiness.

Yeah, some girls at my school are all, "Don't eat at Fresh Choice?" some guy asks why not and they say "The chain is voting No on Eight!" This ensues eye-rolling and apples flung.

Respond to the bolded with, 'If God didn't make the world for gay people, why did he create them?'People are rarely gay by choice. I'd actually bet if most of them had a choice they wouldn't be gay.

I completely agree with Tamamum.

Nobody has the right to say I can't get married just because they don't feel comfortable with it. I'm not here to please other people. I'm here to live my life and be happy with who/what I am.

People/laws shouldn't be able to restrict others' happiness.
no wait, that was a quote of somthing that a lot of ppl have told me and i DONT agree with it (i repeat, i DO NOT agree with it)

i say no on prop 8 cuz, no matter wat anyone says, it IS discrimintaion

no wait, that was a quote of somthing that a lot of ppl have told me and i DONT agree with it (i repeat, i DO NOT agree with it)i say no on prop 8 cuz, no matter wat anyone says, it IS discrimintaion
I know x.x

That's what I added what to respond with, lol.

I have a question

God and loves everyone right? Then why would your so called God not want two people who love each other together? If God can not accept this then maybe He is not all He says He is.

I have a question
God and loves everyone right? Then why would your so called God not want two people who love each other together? If God can not accept this then maybe He is not all He says He is.
The thread is discussing Prop.8 (Gay Marriage) not about whether a god approves or accepts it.

If you want to post a comment about God and "whether He is all He says He is", please use the god, do you believe thread?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of you folks are being drawn into a discussion about whether it is OK for gays to marry or not.
Forget (just for a moment) your religious discussion and ask yourself (as an intelligent, open-minded young person of today) these two questions;

1. Do I believe that it is right that a person should suffer legal, economic or administrative discrimination because of their sexual orientation?

2. Do I believe that a homosexual should have equal rights and benefits in law/legally as a straight person?

If Prop.8 is passed then it will be illegal for a same sex couple to marry and therefore denies the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples.

I guess I am saying that even if you are a committed Christian (for example) who believes that marriage should only be between a man and a woman do you also believe that a homosexual in a life long same sex relationship should not get the same legal benefits, the same tax advantages, the same treatment UNDER STATE LAWS that a married man or a woman in a life long relationship get?

From what I can see, Prop.8 is not about "the religious sanctity" of marriage.

It's about equal rights and benefits IN LAW as a man and a woman.

I don't even live in the USA and I can see there are important civil rights issues here that are being "hidden" by the religious debate.

I'm hoping intelligent voters will be able to see this and look at the implications for discrimination in law against homosexuals.
:( Perfect. You said it best. This should kill the topic.

Yes on Prop. 8 is to legalize bigotry. So many people in California are getting snowballed by the religious factor and their inability to care for people with different beliefs. It's frightening to think that some people won't address what's at hand and simply vote for what ever they ignorantly feel they should. I fear for the people this bill is going to hurt and what kind of mindset this bill is going to foster if it passes... because I have no idea if it will pass or not based on what I've seen going on around here. The no on 8 people are trying to get their voice out there but the yes on 8 people have much more marketing power....

:angry: This election scares me so much... I know I'm voting for the things I think are best with things to back it up.... but other people.... that scares me.

I think gay people have the right. Who cares what one guy does with another? Yes, I know they will teach it in school, but do I care? No, I don't. I have friends whos parents are gay, and the are really fun and nice kids. Yes I go to church, and yes I read the bible, AND yes I am christian. Hopefully, people will learn to not care and except that not all people will love in the same way. :D

I think gay people have the right. Who cares what one guy does with another? Yes, I know they will teach it in school, but do I care? No, I don't. I have friends whos parents are gay, and the are really fun and nice kids. Yes I go to church, and yes I read the bible, AND yes I am christian. Hopefully, people will learn to not care and except that not all people will love in the same way. :p
The only thing that honestly confuses me, is people are saying 'it'll be taught in schools.'

Really now?

Since when do they even teach about straight marriage?

You're not taught anything about marriage in school. So why would gay marriage suddenly be in the curriculum?

*removed*

Edit by TamaMum:

Please note the special rules for this particular part of the forums.

Seriously Non TamaTalk is for any mature and sensible discussions unrelated to Tamagotchi.

All TamaTalk rules are to be strictly followed - no exceptions, no excuses.

So the elections are over (so is my birthday!) and I saw a commercial for "Yes on 8" and this little pre-school girl is sitting in a car and her 'mom' asks 'So, what did you learn today' and she replies 'I can marry a princess!" This sickened me because they are using little kids to promote discrimination.

Edit: At 1:20 it starts showing a house in my neighbor hood. https://cbs5.com/video/

woah...o.o

I made a topic like this.... ._.

When one was already made!?!!?!?!DX

My bad... =[

I say no on prop 8!

people should marry who they want to marry, i think its unfair becuz prop 8 is telling people who they can and cant marry.How is that fair!?!?Why do they care anyways?Its not their life.and people should all say no on eight becuz they shuld let people get married if they are gay.And why should it matter to straight people if they dont HAVE to get married with the same gender, they can marry the oppisite gender.But its letting other people marry the same gender.

And i am disappointed too.Becuz lots of my friends say they want yes on 8!? and one day this conversation about prop 8 started, heres how it went...

Friend1:Do you say Yes or No?

Me:No?

Friend2:Yes?

Friend1:So you said yes and you said Noo... on prop 8!

Me:I stilll say no

Friend2:I still say yes

Friend1:Me too

Me:Why dont you just want to let gay people marry if they WANT to?

Friend2:Becuz I dont want to marry you!

Me:You dont have to!?!!

Friend2:I dont want to marry you i dont want to marry you i dont want to marry you!?!

Me:YOU DONT HAVE TOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That was kinda a fight.But I got very annoyed .............

[SIZE=21pt]NO on Prop 8![/SIZE]

Oh and just to add to my last post...

I am BISEXUAL! :)

And I am perfectly fine with it. :)

I'm no on prop 8, even though the yes on 8 already passed. I mean, gay people don't bother us, they don't try to be gay in front of our faces. And if someone thinks that is wrong, thats their problem. Also, how can they enforce gay marrage in our schools? They don't talk about regular woman-man marriage that much.

~Sapertws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back