Something very special happened on my birthday

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubrey Hepburn

Reaction score
******Chiffon's Story*******

On my birthday two weeks ago, I lost a pet that was very special to me. She was a goldfish named Chiffon, and I had her for 4 years. She lived in a tank in my room, and she was my pride and joy, a major light in my life. I looked for her every time I went into my room, and she always made me smile. She was so special to me because she was blind.

I rescued her from a pet store 4 years ago right before Christmas. She was tiny, pure white, and starving to death because she couldn't find any food. A larger fish had attacked her and removed her eyes, and the pet store was just going to let her die because "no one wants a blind goldfish. It's ugly." I brought her home and handfed her for weeks until she regained enough strength to eat on her own. I trained her to simply start chomping in the water when I tapped on the tank, and she knew that I would drop the food in around her. I fed her twice a day every day without fail. When you spend so much time with an animal, you develop a bond with it.

She grew so big I had to get her new tanks and everything. She also developed pretty orange patches on her gills, like her cheeks were orange, and a few more patches on her body and fins. I talked about her almost everyday to my family, how proud I was that she was so healthy. :huh: A week before she died, I started taking a bunch of pictures of her, and I didn't know why but I felt I had to.

*******The Miracle*******

The morning of my birthday, I woke up and looked at her first thing. I was shocked because all over in her tank were EGGS!!! Covering the walls, the floor, everywhere! She had laid eggs all on her own, which is not common in goldfish. That really made my day, it was amazing! And she was swimming around happily as ever. When I came home that night, though...she was gone. Laying amongst her eggs she had passed away. I was devastated. :eek: She wasn't sick or anything, and the water was normal, just a bit cloudy from the egg laying process. I couldn't believe she was gone.

This is special to me, because it's too wierd that it happened on my birthday. It was like she achieved the biggest thing any fish(or animal) could, reproducing, and then her life was complete. I'm kind of spiritual about these things...but it's what I take from the whole thing. It felt like a sort of "gift" in return for all my efforts in saving her. Some think I'm silly for thinking this way, but my family was shocked when I told them, they knew how special she was to me. It makes me teary when I talk about it still. I just wanted to share it here with everybody. :eek:

oh thats so sad that your fish died and it was so nice of u to save it : ) and u trained it ! :eek: whoa thats amazing but my friends bird layed eggs on its own too.I hope the eggs hatch! and im sorry that your fish died :huh:

R.I.P chiffon

Last edited by a moderator:
That's truly an amazing and touching story. I wish there were a more articulate way for me to say it, but there's not.

Sometimes when you really show your kindness, the universe (or god, or whatever you want to call it) gives back, just to let you know you did something good.

This is definitely one of those times.

Good for you. And good for Chiffon, too.

<3

Aww, that's cute x3

It is like a gift from the universe/gods that she laid eggs on her own right on your birthday :huh:

So are you gonna raise the eggs? Man that's gonna be some work :eek:

Aw, I'm sorry Chiffon died... you were very kind to her. :( Do you know if the eggs are goldfish eggs, and if they are supposed to hatch? I hope they are and do.

I remember when my Goldfish died, her name Chloe. I was seven when I had her, it was a bit before halloween, and she'd been with me for around two years then, so anyways, I was trying on some face paint for my costume, a dead popstar, and I walked into my room, and I saw Chloe hanging upsidedown with her white tummy sticking up and her eye was just staring. I knew she was dead. And I screamed and I cried, and went to my mom. (remember I was only 7 :p ) And I cried so much, that the tears had messed up all of the face paint. It looked like a huge mess of colors! I even had a little sign above her tank that said "Chloe's Home" that I made for her and decorated. I remember she was the most expensive fish in the store *sigh* I'll miss her. :p

It's so odd that it happened on your birthday, you and that fish had a special relationship together, I bet..

I'm sure Chiffon's in fishy heaven saying "Thanks for being my best friend" to you ... :(

Yes, that is an amazing story! I do believe animals give you a gift in return for being so kind and caring with them. It sounds almost like what happened with my cat Miller.....only, it wasn't my birthday.

I was simply another day at school (grade one....this was many years ago) and I took the bus home. When I got home I saw Miller looked deathly sick. I petted him a little bit, as his eyes were going blind and were red frm soreness. He meowed loudly, but his meow was hoarse. I didn't know what was wrong! So I stayed with him and rubbed his belly. I tried feeding him but he wouldn't eat, nor drink. When my parents came home, they decided that he had to be put to sleep. I cried and cried. Just before we left, I cried in my room. Suddenly, Miller stood up and shaikly walked over to my bedroom and walked inside. He jumped on my bed, almost not making it. With the last of his strength he strided o er to me, looked me in the face, and liked my face. He liked away my tears with his dry tounge. He gave me a look saying, "It'll be ok. Goodbye." Then my parents took him to be put to sleep.

Animals are amazing :(

*Tgd*

Wow....that was so kind....she loved you so much....im sorry she passed away

Yes, that is an amazing story! I do believe animals give you a gift in return for being so kind and caring with them. It sounds almost like what happened with my cat Miller.....only, it wasn't my birthday.
I was simply another day at school (grade one....this was many years ago) and I took the bus home. When I got home I saw Miller looked deathly sick. I petted him a little bit, as his eyes were going blind and were red frm soreness. He meowed loudly, but his meow was hoarse. I didn't know what was wrong! So I stayed with him and rubbed his belly. I tried feeding him but he wouldn't eat, nor drink. When my parents came home, they decided that he had to be put to sleep. I cried and cried. Just before we left, I cried in my room. Suddenly, Miller stood up and shaikly walked over to my bedroom and walked inside. He jumped on my bed, almost not making it. With the last of his strength he strided o er to me, looked me in the face, and liked my face. He liked away my tears with his dry tounge. He gave me a look saying, "It'll be ok. Goodbye." Then my parents took him to be put to sleep.

Animals are amazing :(

*Tgd*
Wow that is so sad!

Animals are amazing :p

*Tgd*
Sniff. I'm seriously crying after hearing that, even though I don't even know your cat! :( :( :D

Your fish is probably swimming around in heavon having a great time. :p She left you a fantasatic birthday present. :(

Aw, I'm sorry Chiffon died... you were very kind to her. :p Do you know if the eggs are goldfish eggs, and if they are supposed to hatch? I hope they are and do.
I remember when my Goldfish died, her name Chloe. I was seven when I had her, it was a bit before halloween, and she'd been with me for around two years then, so anyways, I was trying on some face paint for my costume, a dead popstar, and I walked into my room, and I saw Chloe hanging upsidedown with her white tummy sticking up and her eye was just staring. I knew she was dead. And I screamed and I cried, and went to my mom. (remember I was only 7 :D ) And I cried so much, that the tears had messed up all of the face paint. It looked like a huge mess of colors! I even had a little sign above her tank that said "Chloe's Home" that I made for her and decorated. I remember she was the most expensive fish in the store *sigh* I'll miss her. :p

It's so odd that it happened on your birthday, you and that fish had a special relationship together, I bet..

I'm sure Chiffon's in fishy heaven saying "Thanks for being my best friend" to you ... :(
I don't pay that much attention to my goldfish... :(

I love my cat more than anything in the universe!!

At least animals all go to heavon after and then you'll get to see them again someday and stay with them forever. :(

My Cat died too. her name was ruddles..... but I got my kitten george! my cat ruddles was so amazing to she well before she went to the vet to put her to sleep I went out side (she was blind so she couldnt see were to go) and I thought I will take her out side to go to the toilet I thought she wouldnt go cause she never did when I tried. and she went. when I came back in she slept under my bed and I said goodbye to her and she meowed like she was saying good bye. and when I got back from school. bye bye ruddles she was gone.

I was so upset. poor ruddles

R.I.P Ruddles!!!

Thanks everyone so much for the kind words, it really means a lot to me. :ph34r: Reading all the stories in this thread makes me want to cry, too, and I rarely ever cry. I'm really sad to say that the eggs couldn't make it. :mimitchi: It would be incredible to have a bunch of little Chiffons...but it couldn't happen. She didn't know that, though, and it was still the most amazing birthday girl ever to me. :blink: Animals really are amazing in my opinion, and I think everyone's stories in this thread support that. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back