Tamagotchi 4U+

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited! I preordered a light purple and baby pink! :D Sadly the sky blue was on order stop :(

These look nice... wonder if the original 4u covers also fit... Probably, but knowing Bandai, sometimes they change stuff up. Lol. I might be more inclined to purchase a cover...
It's likely they will fit. If that was the case, new covers for the 4U+ would of been announced by now. Why release a new version with no faceplates.

These are SO cute!! :D Can we assume the price will drop after release? I want to get the peach one, but I just ordered a Nano to go with my iD L (that is still floating around in the back of a mail truck somewhere, augh) and that on top of monthly bills has left my bank account in a sorry state. :(

The actual retail price of these in Japan is only about 52USD if going off of the official Bandai website, so I would imagine there is a markup on pre-orders on sites selling them to the US. The only exception I've seen was at HLJ, and they are only around 40 bucks on that site, but they've stopped taking pre-orders for peach, blue, and green due to high demand. The site does say that if they have more stock of those colors after release they'll open up for more orders. I think they have free shipping, but not sure.

https://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=all&Word=tamagotchi+4u%2B&x=0&y=0

I wanted blue and pre-ordered on eBay for $69. With shipping included I'm okay with that.

The actual retail price of these in Japan is only about 52USD if going off of the official Bandai website, so I would imagine there is a markup on pre-orders on sites selling them to the US. The only exception I've seen was at HLJ, and they are only around 40 bucks on that site, but they've stopped taking pre-orders for peach, blue, and green due to high demand. The site does say that if they have more stock of those colors after release they'll open up for more orders. I think they have free shipping, but not sure.

https://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=all&Word=tamagotchi+4u%2B&x=0&y=0

I wanted blue and pre-ordered on eBay for $69. With shipping included I'm okay with that.
HLJ doesn't have free shipping. But the shipping isn't too much depending on your shipping choose. Can be as low as 500 yen.

Just yesterday I gave in and ordered a 4U....and then found out about these and quickly cancelled it to pre-order a 4U+. I really love the look of the white 4U but I'd rather have more features to keep me playing (the colour doesn't really influence that!)

But now I'll have to wait for release day on top of the shipping time *sigh* :p

The green 4U+ has come back for preorder on HLJ, get it while its hot.

https://www.hlj.com/product/BANN00339/Fun And its gone!

It's likely either one or two. Same thing happened with the blue 4U+ and I was lucky enough to snatch one.

Rose Pink 4U+ is on Order Stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should share this:

This seller was really nice and helpful and when I asked how to get Ponnetchi he said he'd go to Mr. Donut to get the download for me (it's the only way to get Ponnetchi. it's a touch spot at the store, not a card).

Now he is offering Ponnetchi as a bonus with any pre-order if you are okay with him opening the box, handling the item with gloves, and not sending it with batteries (its against Japan law after the batteries are opened or something like that). Also you need to specify your username and birthday for startup if you want him to do it this way. Most people probably won't like the idea of someone opening the box or starting it up for them, but I did it because I want to get Ponnetchi and I currently do not have a NFC device.

Just an option! It's $69 and free shipping, will ship July 22 or later when Ponnetchi is available. He has various colors, but not all.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/kyototrade/m.html?item=171845693811&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'm going to wait til they're released, I think. I saw pre-orders on ebay, but I just want to be sure they're available when the time comes. I got my blue 4U just recently, and haven't really played it since I've been so busy (haven't taken it out of the box even). I like the one-color scheme of them. They look great even without custom faceplates. I will definitely get the blue one (what else is new) when they are released, but I'm going to see what direction the prices go for a few weeks.

I should share this:

This seller was really nice and helpful and when I asked how to get Ponnetchi he said he'd go to Mr. Donut to get the download for me (it's the only way to get Ponnetchi. it's a touch spot at the store, not a card).

Now he is offering Ponnetchi as a bonus with any pre-order if you are okay with him opening the box, handling the item with gloves, and not sending it with batteries (its against Japan law after the batteries are opened or something like that). Also you need to specify your username and birthday for startup if you want him to do it this way. Most people probably won't like the idea of someone opening the box or starting it up for them, but I did it because I want to get Ponnetchi and I currently do not have a NFC device.

Just an option! It's $69 and free shipping, will ship July 22 or later when Ponnetchi is available. He has various colors, but not all.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/kyototrade/m.html?item=171845693811&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
That is very nice of him, and thank for confirming that!

Hello! I've been debating whether or not I should get the 4U plus since I already have a 4U. The 4U plus seems to have more features then the 4U but i'm not quite sure if it is worth it...

Hello! I've been debating whether or not I should get the 4U plus since I already have a 4U. The 4U plus seems to have more features then the 4U but i'm not quite sure if it is worth it...
Get one. the new features seem to make it feel more complete.

I'm not too fussed on a pre-order (especially after getting my electric bill this week 😂).

I know I'll get one in the next few months but I'll be happy to see others youtube reviews, pics etc before I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back