Tamagotchi color?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know where you can order a tamagotchi colour online that sell to the uk but are a little cheaper than £56 'cause that is a hell of a lot of money for me at the moment

i remeber before they were released i saw them on yes asia for £48 or something & now they've gone up to nearly 56 that is just rediculous :p

does anyone know where you can order a tamagotchi colour online that sell to the uk but are a little cheaper than £56 'cause that is a hell of a lot of money for me at the moment
i remeber before they were released i saw them on yes asia for £48 or something & now they've gone up to nearly 56 that is just rediculous :mellow:
You can try ebay, but from what I've seen lately, sellers there are asking much more than what YesAsia charges. (Don't forget to look at shipping charges, too.)

WOO HOO! My friend found TMCG+C in Japan! Even getting it from there, it's still gonna be about $57, but that's at least cheaper than ebay. I'll post more when it comes!

Its so awesome!! I will try to control myself and wait a little bit more until it lowers the price a bit. Since everyone wants one, yesasia, ebay, pronto websites sell the tamagotchi plus color not so cheap cause of the fever of this TP+C.

Still... I want it!!

Yes, I really do agree that it is a huge sum of money. But I also think it's sort of worth it, don't you?

It's got LCD after all, and much more cool features...

Anyway, I'm waiting for mine. XD

:D Okay, so I always assume the worst.... It's a major step-up and all and the features look cool.... but look at the actual pictures of the thing in action. There seems to be no back light which means that trying to play with the thing is like trying to play with the original Game Boy Advance or your phone with the back light off. Worse yet, it looks more like the Game Boy Color if anyone remembers that.
Now, remeber how hard it is to see a color LCD screen without back lighting and then try to think of how hard it would be to see the same screen EVEN SMALLER!

Okay, so then lets assume that there is a back light, how quickly are the batteries gonna run out? Shouldn't there be a rechargeable battery by now in those things? :eek: I suppose there is no telling but I wouldn't get too excited about it yet especially with that $50 price tag...

OH!! Thanks for the links Black Candy. Those are awesome! ;)
ok its nothing like that.. i got one and its awsome. il ove it.. you should go to youtube and watch the videos.. its really just like the dslite gameboy.

Got mine yesterday!!!! It's magenta, and my tama is a baby girl! It's WAY better than I expected. Great features and not too complicated, even though I can't read a lick of Japanese. I'm at home for Christmas, but when I get back, I'll start a log!

Binary, i have a few questions about the tamagotchi color. One, under the status icon, under the happy meter bar, there are empty circles. now i know they get filled up with little things i have seen online in other posts, but they are in japanese the posts, so i am not sure how ot get them. i figure you would have to go to tamatown or what not but again, i do not have the webiste for the tamagotchi color to go online... do you know what the website is?... and i tried the link on the box but again i could not find the actual place on the website that is for the tamagotchi color to link to the website.

thank you!

<_<

I read a post somewhere about the packaging of the TMGC+C. Everyone was saying how simple and elegant it looked, and how it didn't really look like a kids game. I think this is the clue. Tamagotchi virtual pets have a different target market in japan to what they do in the western world. For example, tamagotchi's were orignially aimed at japanese highschool girls. But they were popular with nearly everyone. They had sort of 'childcare' for tamagotchis while their owners were at work. But in the western world, especially with the new tamagotchis, they seem to be aimed fairly young people. Nowadays kids just want to grow up, so the target markets of most toys have been pushed down.
A lot of people have complained about the difference between the japanese and western tamagotchis. People would say: 'Why do they think we're so stupid?' because the western ones have a lot less features than the japanese ones (eg entama, ura tama vs. V4, V4.5) but the fact is, even though a lot of you here are not young children (me included) bandai america/uk etc think we are, or at least the majority of people who buy them are. that's why the japanese ones have all these complicated features like cooking, harder games, lots of jobs and the characters take longer to grow up- whereas the western ones have tones of characters, simpler games and a shorter life. =Different target markets.

So, in conclusion to my long rant (sorry about that) I don't think we'll see a western release of the TMGC+C for a long time. Because in japan it is treated as more of a pet than a game for kids, people are willing to spend the money on it. It looks like the latest japanese gadjet. Whereas in the western world, people would only pay money like that (unless they are TMGC fans!! ;) ) if it was something more practical, like a MP3 player or phone. So to be release here we would need it to be in the toy price range. And not the price of some of the more complex toys, (like gameboys etc) it would have to be normal tamagotchi price. And to get that it would have to be a very stripped down version of the japanese one, and the technology would have to be way cheaper.

the end

sorry that was so long, hope it makes sense

neimo
Kudos for this post!

I agree completely. For me, I have started using my tamagotchis again because I live alone and am not allowed pets where I live. They are most definitely a pet for me rather than a game/toy, so I can see spending more on one. I am really thinking about getting a tmgc+color because I do want something that is more complex and can really fit the position of a pet.

Does anyone happen to know how long they will be on the market?

I'm trying to plan out when to get one so that I can get the best deal, but I don't want to wait too long. lol.

Kudos for this post!I agree completely. For me, I have started using my tamagotchis again because I live alone and am not allowed pets where I live. They are most definitely a pet for me rather than a game/toy, so I can see spending more on one. I am really thinking about getting a tmgc+color because I do want something that is more complex and can really fit the position of a pet.

Does anyone happen to know how long they will be on the market?

I'm trying to plan out when to get one so that I can get the best deal, but I don't want to wait too long. lol.
I have a TMGC+C, and to be completely honest, I treat it the most like an actual pet then any of the other tamagotchis I've owned.

I usually run new ones once, maybe twice, and then I get bored of them very very easily. So far, with my TMGC+C, this is definately not the case! It comes with me everywhere (and when I say it, I mean it!). I take it to work, the mall, the grocery store, etc... its a great way to kill time waiting on lines during the busy Christmas season. My friends make fun of me occasionally, but that's only when I first show them the TMGC+C. I've already convinced two friends to order them. :D

It's honestly the best investment I could have made in a tama. Sure, I love all of my vintage and connection tamas, but the TMGC+C captured my interest and it's so easy for me to stick with it. When I say that I'm the poster child for A.D.D. when it comes to tamas, I'm not kidding.

So I totally reccomend getting one.

*End of rant* :mellow:

I have a TMGC+C, and to be completely honest, I treat it the most like an actual pet then any of the other tamagotchis I've owned.
I usually run new ones once, maybe twice, and then I get bored of them very very easily. So far, with my TMGC+C, this is definately not the case! It comes with me everywhere (and when I say it, I mean it!). I take it to work, the mall, the grocery store, etc... its a great way to kill time waiting on lines during the busy Christmas season. My friends make fun of me occasionally, but that's only when I first show them the TMGC+C. I've already convinced two friends to order them. :nyatchi:

It's honestly the best investment I could have made in a tama. Sure, I love all of my vintage and connection tamas, but the TMGC+C captured my interest and it's so easy for me to stick with it. When I say that I'm the poster child for A.D.D. when it comes to tamas, I'm not kidding.

So I totally reccomend getting one.

*End of rant* :hitodetchi:
hey! It was great to hear your post... and you took the words right out of my mouth with the target audience "rant"... but i feel it was anything but a rant... lol.. i am also an adult, a university student who is obsessed with tamagotchies! i live in the western world but i only order japanese tamas from ebay - once i tried the japanese ones they are FAR better and more like real pets than the western ones. i bought a tamagotchi color and it is of course by far the best tama. i like it how the characters evolve everyday unlike the other versions that take a few days for some stages, and i love the graphics.. .its awsome and by far worth the 90 dollars i paid for how much i play with it!..

if your interested you should join my tamagotchi fan page and my tamagotchi color fan page on facebook. there are links to them on my blog : https://tamagotchicolor.blogspot.com/ which also has tuns of info about tamagotchi color.... which mind you i got mostly from this site lol.. thanks to binary!

on a side note, in the western world i feel that alot of people assume tamagotchis are just for kids,, as a result i do feel embarassed to bring it with me everywhere even though i do. i hide it in my purse and play with it at times.. although i dont want to... i feel mabye with the tamagotchi color i may not do that as it looks more like a gaget rather than a "kids toy"... thats also why i bought the white one, thinking it looks sorta like an apple product, so hopefully people wont think im playing with a toy... but really.. i shouldn't care if people know i am playing with a toy....

just the concept sounds so lame but the truth is i love them so much and i have at least 30 of them lol

There is no TamaTown web site for the TMGC+C. Bandai's official site for the TMGC+C has some universal passwords. We have topic listing all known passwords here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=152138
The happy symbol secret items, and where to find them, are mentioned in this post: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=152633
thanks binary.i found it shortly after i posted it... oops!

and if you havnt already posted this.. i have a question..

i bought the monorail/subway ticket at the tama depot (on my tamagotchi color) for 2100. and it took me to this palace looking place and gave me this red thing... i went back again then i got a blue one, then got a red one.. i cant find them anywhere saved on the tama and i have no idea what the place is or what those things are.

could you tell me?!

thanks

ok something werid jut happend.... i went to go to the door option and it wouldnt let me.... and my violetichi was acting sort of werid....so i went outside to see what it was like and it was a lightning storm...

my q is why wont it let me go to the door option.. does it have something to do with the weather?!... And is there any significance or something you gain or an object you use outside with the lightning storm?!

has anyone else experienced this?!

:)

This is normal. You can't use the door during bad weather.

Other than a funny animation when your TMGC+C character is frightened by the lightning & thunder, I think there's nothing special about it.

- - - - - - - - -

For future support questions, can everyone please make a new topic in the Help For New Tamagotchi Pet Owners forum. This topic is not the place to ask support questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back