Tamagotchi Friends - New shell designs!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love #2! Glad they're laying off the designs that reminded me of the iD L, it really didn't fit for black and white tamagotchis, I think!

Polkadot one... Polkadot one... I must get the polkadot one!

I haven't actually bought a Tamagotchi Friends yet, even though they were released in the UK first! How exciting!

And more exciting is the fact that Bandai actually consider making more TF designs is worth it. If their new product wasn't a success, they wouldn't bother with the new designs now, would they? *crosses fingers and hopes for more tamagotchis to come*

Ah but that Polkadot one... It's just perfect! I haveeee to buy it.

But I need an irDA device and a Tamagotchi P's and a Tamagotchi 4U and a Tamagotchi Nano tooo ughhhhhh

DILEMNAAAAAAAAAA

i want the star one. oh gosh im such a sucker for stars and pastels. must... not... give in... ヽ(*´Д`*)ノ

Carleesi said:
Are these already for sale?
No, not yet. I'm really hoping they come out this month. :) I heard August 8th (this Friday) but who knows for sure. Bandai America is being pretty vague about the release date. :angry:

I spoke to some people at Toys R Us and they told me September because they haven't been told anything about these and nothing shows in their database about them. plus a lot of new toy lines are coming in September so they said to check with them towards the end of August/early September.

They are in Canada, they were released on the first of August. The pink and black polka dots looks AWESOME in real life, as do the rest of the designs <3

Yeah I know, Canada released them. But they're not out yet in the USA.

They are in Canada, they were released on the first of August. The pink and black polka dots looks AWESOME in real life, as do the rest of the designs <3
So unfair. I was hoping TF would be released in Canada & USA at the same time. :(

jpzvrt.jpg

The Tamagotchi Friends Facebook page updated with this image today to show how the bump texting looks. I think the screen/pixels look pretty clear. Hopefully it's the same in real life. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So unfair. I was hoping TF would be released in Canada & USA at the same time. :(

jpzvrt.jpg

The Tamagotchi Friends Facebook page updated with this image today to show how the bump texting looks. I think the screen/pixels look pretty clear. Hopefully it's the same in real life. :)
I hope too, but looks like there's lot of saturation or filter...

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep looking at these shells... I think I know what they did.

The three obvious idl shells.

The purple jewel equal to the 15th anniversary shell.

Blue/White is equal to the plus color. (besides the shape...)

Pink/Black is equal to princess spacy idl.

Besides the designs... The inners of the designs remind me of the id colors... So making us happy by giving us the color shells, but mixed with the tamagotchi friends shells. Make sense guys?

The idl shells seem like a way to hush questions over the English idls in stores in the uk and Australia but at the same time it's an already existing mold so it saves them money by using it all they do is take the slightly modified shell and make it different covers, lazy but cost effective.

I agree. The same thing goes for the hardware, aside from the soundchip and NFC (and possibly screen) it's the same equipment that the Tama-Go has.

They basically built a cheap tamagotchi using existing parts, pretty sure they are doing this to test out the market since low production costs means less loss if tamagotchi don't take off the way they hope they will. :/

Ya. But still, atleast we have these new gotchi. They did a good job with the design and color choices. I instantly wanted them all but stuck with my original pick. The purple jewel. The bottom for batteries is different too. Maybe they'll keep that if the back thing doesn't work out. The cutting out of older tamagotchi connecting... Etc, but thats another story.

Ya. But still, atleast we have these new gotchi. They did a good job with the design and color choices. I instantly wanted them all but stuck with my original pick. The purple jewel. The bottom for batteries is different too. Maybe they'll keep that if the back thing doesn't work out. The cutting out of older tamagotchi connecting... Etc, but thats another story.

I saw a scratch or two on the shells in the pictures 1, 5 and 6..I also saw some wear and a broken button on the polka dot shell. It's sad that Bandai wouldn't even take an EFFORT to at least make the shells in the stock pictures look decent.. :(

Or maybe people shouldn't be so fussy :)

Anyway the sound of a Tama-Go is a lot different than the Tamagotchi Friends, and the Tamagotchi Friends actually has a different mold than an iD L.

There's nothing wrong with some of the shells looking like an iD L! Just think, the Version 4 looks exactly like the Entama when they're both completely different versions but nobody complains about that. People get more and more fussy every year I guess :)

So I got an idl shell... For lack. Pink. I think its the paint scratched under the plastic, not the plastic itself. They didn't pick the best paint to last forever like the connections. If you guys want to keep the design (better) maybe a clear coat on top, carefully though. The pink/bow, purple/jewels, blue/stars in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back