Tamagotchi iD/iD L available in UK!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably not going to get one of these (even though I live near London), but it's good anyway. It probably won't start the Tamagotchi craze all over again, but it might sell.

I'm probably not going to get one of these (even though I live near London), but it's good anyway. It probably won't start the Tamagotchi craze all over again, but it might sell.
Even if you don't get one, if you're ever in the area could you take a gander and see if they're English or Japanese? Maybe? And which version? (ID or IDL)

Even if you don't get one, if you're ever in the area could you take a gander and see if they're English or Japanese? Maybe? And which version? (ID or IDL)
My parents don't seem keen on stopping at a toy shop in London when we next visit, but if we happen to be near the shop, I will.

...and if possible, at least take a picture of them on display? :)
If I can actually get there, I will buy one and take photos and videos to post on TamaTalk. I have enough money to buy one; the issue is getting to London. We only go there about twice a year to visit museums. If our next trip is at the same time as these Tamas are in stock, I will definitely be buying one! :)

i HIGHLY doubt its an id as they had posted a picture of the idl. its pretty easy to get it mixed up when you know nothing of the brand.

im 99% sure its just going to be the Idl-e

Omg, I live in England.

But it snowed really heavy and I don't stand a chance of getting into London :c

i remember as a child always wishing the tamagotchi were in color and then laughing at myself because i thought it to be impossible.. and now it almost seems like it's so close i can taste it ;-; ah nostalgia :D

I don't KNOW so.. but I do think so ^_^ why would bandai just give to UK and not the the US/Australia? I feel that they will only have a limited supply just to see how the business flows and maybe just MAYBE they'll continue selling if all goes well with sales.

ERMAGERD! I live in Australia... UK is kinda like Australia... DO YOU THINK THEY'LL BE HERE TOO?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed going in March. I'm aloud to buy them...But I need an excuse to go to the Toy Shop. Hmm..What about getting a toy for my cousins? XD

As Dazz said, if I also see them in stock, I will buy one. ^_^

Does anyone know when exactly they start selling it in the UK? Have they already started selling it? :eek:

Just a reality check for everyone... but it's not "in the UK" - it's exclusive to one shop (not a chain of stores) in London (one city in the whole of the country).

The shop is well known for high end / exclusive / collectable / designer items - so to sell something like this exclusively is within Harrods' "corporate / brand policy".

Now maybe Bandai UK is "testing" the market to see if it sells well - but honestly? If they wanted to test the UK toy market with an exclusive deal they would probably have chosen a shop called Hamleys - it's the "Harrods" equivalent of toy shops in the UK - in other words - the place to check for new launches of toys or toy brands and the place to see what's going to be the latest fad in toys: https://www.hamleys.com/

If there are plans to re-introduce tamas to the UK it's marketing madness to choose Harrods over Hamleys.

I think this is probably just a one off promotion that Harrods has set up with Bandai.

This Bandai tech pet (for the ipod/phone) is the only product listed on the Harrods site atm: https://www.harrods.c...000000003035284

@TamaMum I would have to disagree with you about it being madness that they chose Harrods over Hamleys I was in both just before christmas, and I do have to say that Harrods is a place for the up-market and collectable toys whereas Hamleys is an over priced argos. Im really tempted to phone them tomorrow to see if they really are there then maybe plan a trip after work hmmmm.

the anticipation is killing me -_- why must bandai hold us tama fans in the US down? </3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back