Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am, for once, in disagreement with EMF. I'm not at all excited about this...in my opinion it's defacing Tamagotchi. I'm surprised all the people who have been into Tamas since 1996 aren't being incredibly skeptical about this...because I am. It throws away everything Tamagotchi stands for, and everything in Tamagotchi that I stand for. It's supposed to be a virtual pet, not a clothing brand or anime or anything. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish the anime, movie and accessories had never happened. I got back into Tamagotchi aged 8 because I didn't want to become one of those fashion-obsessed teenage girls who gets completely ripped off by cosmetics companies - and yet Tamagotchi is turning into one of the rip-off cosmetics companies before my very eyes. Yes, it is exciting and I would love to own Tamagotchi clothes and apps and furniture, and you could argue that this new stuff is just progress, but once I drew my room with Tamagotchi furniture and me with Tamagotchi clothes, and I hated it and ripped it up. Tamagotchi should always be the pocket virtual pet...not the trendy new fashion brand.

Does anyone else feel the same way...?

I actually do agree with you. However Bandai JP has released all of the clothes and other merchandise and they have been a big hit with the Japanese so maybe Bandai US and Bandai Europe think that it will be a big hit here to. Tamagotchi has not just been a Virtual pet since its creation though. Its also been a lot of other stuff, looking on ebay I can see mugs, stickers, books ect that say from 1998.

What are your views on this people?

-JB-

Boy, umm.. I sure am suscpious of this.

It's just bizzare that the article above doesn't mention anything about a toy.. And then, I realized something after I took a good look at the logo.

This is supposed to be a "retro" line of products that are based around the classic Tamagotchis. When I say products, I mean t shirts of old sprites and characters with the word "Best Bro" or whatever on them. This isn't a announcement for a new tamagotchi version, or toy, or whatever. This is BanDai America realizing that so many people have fond memories of people playing with their Tamagotchis.. So, they think that making clothes, furniture, keychains, and whatever of the vintage characters would get people excited.

I am, for once, in disagreement with EMF. I'm not at all excited about this...in my opinion it's defacing Tamagotchi. I'm surprised all the people who have been into Tamas since 1996 aren't being incredibly skeptical about this...because I am. It throws away everything Tamagotchi stands for, and everything in Tamagotchi that I stand for. It's supposed to be a virtual pet, not a clothing brand or anime or anything. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish the anime, movie and accessories had never happened. I got back into Tamagotchi aged 8 because I didn't want to become one of those fashion-obsessed teenage girls who gets completely ripped off by cosmetics companies - and yet Tamagotchi is turning into one of the rip-off cosmetics companies before my very eyes. Yes, it is exciting and I would love to own Tamagotchi clothes and apps and furniture, and you could argue that this new stuff is just progress, but once I drew my room with Tamagotchi furniture and me with Tamagotchi clothes, and I hated it and ripped it up. Tamagotchi should always be the pocket virtual pet...not the trendy new fashion brand.

How can you be a Tamagotchi fan and yet not get excited about this? XD ** baffled *8

True, I am actually... disappointed. This is NOT a new Tamagotchi version. It will probably be apps and stuff, but I don't have a SmartPhone so... O.O

However, I looked at the floor plan for the expo and it doesn't mention any clothes and stuff... It says BanDai will be displaying stuff like "Characters and "Digital" stuff. :D I can't remember the link the the expo thingie, but it seems to suggest completely different stuff from the news articles.

Whatever it is, as long as it's Tamagotchi, count me in! I am a Tamagotchi fan and it would be foolish to not like whatever this is, even though it does sound... boring. Even if it's just toilet paper with pictures of Tamas on it. As long as it's TAMAGOTCHI! That's how a TRUE fan should think. ;)

(OMG I JUST REMEMBERED THAT HILARIOUS TIME IN TAMACRAZE CHAT! I WAS TALKING ABOUT TAMAGOTCHI TOILET PAPER WITH SAMJJE101, KUROMAME, AND TAMA-STAR_GIRL!!!)

Have I ever told you that you are extremely good at writing for your age?

Back on topic, I believe that none of us can be certain how this will turn out. We haven't heard that much information, after all, so I don't think that it's easy to make a judgement as of yet.

Well, Dazz, I guess I see what you mean...

Even if you do like Tamagotchi just being a pet, though, think of it this way.

All those second and third graders (or whoever else thinks Tamagotchis are "baby toys") are about to see LOTS more people with Tamagotchi stuff... They're about to see Tamagotchi clothes on every person, Tamagotchi furniture in their friends' brothers' or sisters' rooms, and with the re-release of all this TAMAGOTCHI stuff, of course it will make some people want to find their old Tamagotchis! Ebay won't be able to keep P1s and P2s in stock for more than a day because of all the people buying them! Who knows, maybe this will escalate to people buying iD Ls...?

With more people buying Tamas, of course, this will expand the audience of Tamatalk. So, Tamatalk, whether you like it or not- even if Bandai IS just releasing clothes, furniture, and apps- it will make people reminiscent enough to want to find their own Tamagotchis.

I'm certain this re-release can be nothing but good.

All the younger people who don't know what Tamagotchi's are will find out what they are. This will make loads of money for Bandai and please Tamagotchi Fans because of all of the extra stuff being released. If lots of things sell, then Bandai will release new Tamagotchi which will make people keep buying new ones. This would also make people visit and research the history of Tamagotchi on the web and they will come across Tama Talk and Tama-Zone and find lots of good information. Then they will join making TamaTalk more popular again :)

... Yes, it is exciting and I would love to own Tamagotchi clothes and apps and furniture, and you could argue that this new stuff is just progress, but once I drew my room with Tamagotchi furniture and me with Tamagotchi clothes, and I hated it and ripped it up. Tamagotchi should always be the pocket virtual pet...not the trendy new fashion brand.

The idea of a few tamagotchi T shirts in my wardrobe appeals to me (pixelated original Mametchi or Ginjirotchi for preference ;) ) - maybe we could persuade Sheldon Cooper to wear one in The Big Bang XD

... and maybe a tamagotchi hold all or bag - not so much for shopping or books but maybe to keep my tamagotchis in place ?

Sounds cool (and fun) to me :)

TM Edit: ... and yes, of course I would wear a tamagotchi t shirt in public!

There are Superman and Spiderman and TinTin t shirts around - why not tamagotchi shirts?? XD

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea of a few tamagotchi T shirts in my wardrobe appeals to me (pixelated original Mametchi or Ginjirotchi for preference ;) ) - maybe we could persuade Sheldon Cooper to wear one in The Big Bang XD

... and maybe a tamagotchi hold all or bag - not so much for shopping or books but maybe to keep my tamagotchis in place ? Sounds cool to me :)
That would be funny, maybe this time he could have a real Tamagotchi and not one of the McDonalds toys :)

TamaMum, Would you actually wear it around? I can't think of an of my friends that would do that :)

A bad sounds good to me to, I could use it for carrying my stuff around and for carrying my Laptop. Im sort of stuck deciding if the Tamagotchi LIFE brand is gunna be any good or even worth it. Will it bring some of the older fans back?

I was talking to Kat of Mimitchi.com about it a few hours ago and she said that she has long gone past the Tamagotchi and that she will not be able to get back into tamagotchi. Its been so long and that she has matured and grown out of it. However that it just her view on it. Some other older fans may really enjoy it.

How can you be a Tamagotchi fan and yet not get excited about this? XD ** baffled *8

True, I am actually... disappointed. This is NOT a new Tamagotchi version. It will probably be apps and stuff, but I don't have a SmartPhone so... O.O

However, I looked at the floor plan for the expo and it doesn't mention any clothes and stuff... It says BanDai will be displaying stuff like "Characters and "Digital" stuff. :D I can't remember the link the the expo thingie, but it seems to suggest completely different stuff from the news articles.

Whatever it is, as long as it's Tamagotchi, count me in! I am a Tamagotchi fan and it would be foolish to not like whatever this is, even though it does sound... boring. Even if it's just toilet paper with pictures of Tamas on it. As long as it's TAMAGOTCHI! That's how a TRUE fan should think. ;)

(OMG I JUST REMEMBERED THAT HILARIOUS TIME IN TAMACRAZE CHAT! I WAS TALKING ABOUT TAMAGOTCHI TOILET PAPER WITH SAMJJE101, KUROMAME, AND TAMA-STAR_GIRL!!!)
I used to be like that too...but now I'm just really attached to the virtual pet concept of Tamagotchi. If people were to join TamaTalk with no knowledge of the virtual pet, I would be nothing short of devastated because the virtual pet theme is what Tamagotchi stands for. It was the first virtual pet and it just SHOULDN'T be anything else.

Have I ever told you that you are extremely good at writing for your age?

Back on topic, I believe that none of us can be certain how this will turn out. We haven't heard that much information, after all, so I don't think that it's easy to make a judgement as of yet.
You probably have told me, but so many people have I can't count. :)

Well, Dazz, I guess I see what you mean...

Even if you do like Tamagotchi just being a pet, though, think of it this way.

All those second and third graders (or whoever else thinks Tamagotchis are "baby toys") are about to see LOTS more people with Tamagotchi stuff... They're about to see Tamagotchi clothes on every person, Tamagotchi furniture in their friends' brothers' or sisters' rooms, and with the re-release of all this TAMAGOTCHI stuff, of course it will make some people want to find their old Tamagotchis! Ebay won't be able to keep P1s and P2s in stock for more than a day because of all the people buying them! Who knows, maybe this will escalate to people buying iD Ls...?

With more people buying Tamas, of course, this will expand the audience of Tamatalk. So, Tamatalk, whether you like it or not- even if Bandai IS just releasing clothes, furniture, and apps- it will make people reminiscent enough to want to find their own Tamagotchis.

I'm certain this re-release can be nothing but good.
I wish it was that easy...but I know these kids so well I can guess what they would do in any scenario. If they saw this new Tama stuff, they would mock it and tease anyone who had it. If anything, it would make people LESS likely to find their old Tamas/buy new ones.

It is true that it would attract more audience to TamaTalk...but new people who had no idea Tamagotchi was a virtual pet would probably make me leave TamaTalk. No offence to them, but if all TamaTalk WAS was a Tama-Go question and fashion discussion base, I would quit.

All the younger people who don't know what Tamagotchi's are will find out what they are. This will make loads of money for Bandai and please Tamagotchi Fans because of all of the extra stuff being released. If lots of things sell, then Bandai will release new Tamagotchi which will make people keep buying new ones. This would also make people visit and research the history of Tamagotchi on the web and they will come across Tama Talk and Tama-Zone and find lots of good information. Then they will join making TamaTalk more popular again :)
Younger people? We don't want younger people on TT, however mean that sounds. Not many young kids are much use here...some are, but I wasn't at first. And Tama-Zone is for 13s and over, nobody wants young people on THERE! Sorry but I really disagree with this post. >_>

I did't literally mean young people. I said younger people, People who are younger than me! People who were not around in 1996-8 when the originals were originally released can see what they were like and get back into them.

I think that TamaTalk is a place for all Tamagotchi fans to go, no matter if they are kids or adults. Its for everyone. Thats what its always been and that what it should stay like. However that is just my views on it. :p

From my understanding, there is NO new virtual pet. To me, it seems like they're just making it into a line of fashion things. It almost looks like it's a store or something. I love tamas, and I thought Bandai does a good job in creating them, but in my opinion, if they want to make tamagotchis popular again, they would do better to release a new version. I'm sorry, but I would MUCH rather have a virtual pet than a t-shirt or a purse or Mametchi chapstick. What would happen is people would be walking around wearing the shirts or whatever without knowing anything about the actual thing, except for they are "cute characters". In my opinion, this doesn't seem like a very good idea. :/

I think that a lot of people would prefure to have a new Tamagotchi version but I think that they are done with Tamagotchi VP's now and have moved onto other things. However there is always the chance that Bandai could released them again in the future like they did back when the V1 was released in 2004/5. I would rather have a new tamagotchi than have a T-shirt and book but that's not going to happen. Ill be happy if we get any thing though :)

Kinda sad, though I'm so happy! Tamagotchi should ALWAYS be on a hand-held toy like it is presently. It just keeps it a "Tamagotchi"....things on ipads and iphones to me are just silly.

I actually do agree with you. However Bandai JP has released all of the clothes and other merchandise and they have been a big hit with the Japanese so maybe Bandai US and Bandai Europe think that it will be a big hit here to. Tamagotchi has not just been a Virtual pet since its creation though. Its also been a lot of other stuff, looking on ebay I can see mugs, stickers, books ect that say from 1998.

What are your views on this people?

-JB-
Yes, but we Americans are stubborn, stubborn people. In Japan a man who plays video games all day and is oohed and ahhed over by all females because he's got the highest score might be worshipped by other game fans, but other non-gamers would be disgusted. In Japan 70 year old women can wear sparkly pink Hello Kitty shirts and she might get nothing but complements. She wouldn't be ridiculed or anything. In America people would point and whisper and try to avoid standing near her because she's "crazy"....

And yet again, Japan is just a more open country. People can run around in TV character costumes like nobody's business, but in America, yet again, they'd be called a freak. Japan is so successful with all of their toy merchandise because the Japanese are really more into embracing their child-like side. They're not afraid of that. But lots of Americans might secretly like to be like that, yet would never admit it because they'd be made fun of.

Blah.

I wouldn't get too exited. For all we know yet it could just be a lipstick and a few stickers. I think that we should all just wait and see what Namdai brings us. At least they haven't forgot about Tamagotchi and are bringing Tamagtchi related things back :p

I just had a thought. What if they are trying to turn Tamagotchi into something like Angry Birds? (no offense to Angry Birds fans at all, just comparing) Like, buying the tamagotchi app then wearing a tamagotchi t-shirt without even knowing what a tamagotchi really is? :eek: I think Tamagotchi should always be the pet, not the app. But, I guess we really won't know until June what they are doing exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back