Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. That's what I agree with 100%. Tamagotchi has always been a VP, but in Japan it's been more. Bandai are trying to bring that over to Europe and the states. I think although it is a good idea, it wont make it much more popular.

The idea of a few tamagotchi T shirts in my wardrobe appeals to me (pixelated original Mametchi or Ginjirotchi for preference ;) ) - maybe we could persuade Sheldon Cooper to wear one in The Big Bang XD

... and maybe a tamagotchi hold all or bag - not so much for shopping or books but maybe to keep my tamagotchis in place ?

Sounds cool (and fun) to me :)

TM Edit: ... and yes, of course I would wear a tamagotchi t shirt in public!

There are Superman and Spiderman and TinTin t shirts around - why not tamagotchi shirts?? XD
What sizes will the t-shirts be in, though? XD

Anyway, I can't say for certain what I think of this until June 12-14th. They MIGHT make a new Tama...

Some of the stuff sounds cool but apps and domestic goods sound... lame. 0.o

I am, for once, in disagreement with EMF. I'm not at all excited about this...in my opinion it's defacing Tamagotchi. I'm surprised all the people who have been into Tamas since 1996 aren't being incredibly skeptical about this...because I am. It throws away everything Tamagotchi stands for, and everything in Tamagotchi that I stand for. It's supposed to be a virtual pet, not a clothing brand or anime or anything. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish the anime, movie and accessories had never happened. I got back into Tamagotchi aged 8 because I didn't want to become one of those fashion-obsessed teenage girls who gets completely ripped off by cosmetics companies - and yet Tamagotchi is turning into one of the rip-off cosmetics companies before my very eyes. Yes, it is exciting and I would love to own Tamagotchi clothes and apps and furniture, and you could argue that this new stuff is just progress, but once I drew my room with Tamagotchi furniture and me with Tamagotchi clothes, and I hated it and ripped it up. Tamagotchi should always be the pocket virtual pet...not the trendy new fashion brand.

Does anyone else feel the same way...?
Tamagotchi is drifting away from a virtual pet to something slapped across random items that are not entirely related to Tamagotchi. What if "Tamagotchi" will soon be associated with apps and goods rather than virtual pets? It does in fact seem like it's becoming one of the rip-off cosmetics companies.

Cool! Bandai will Make Tamagotchi again!!!! Hopes that this version will be awsome and everyone will like!!!

Bandai should just listen to their customers already. I'm not so sure that if they did a poll, many consumers would ask for cosmetics....you can get every color, shape, size and flavor cosmetic on the market, so why stick Tamagotchi in there? Anyway, if there's Tamagotchi cosmetics, they'll probably be very childish. Yano, the colorless lipstick and purple powdery eyeshadow.

Reading more into it the Tamagotchi LIFE isn't a new tamagotchi and no where does it say it will be.

I thi bandai have moved onto other things now, this could be the final straw for Tamagotchi and bandai are trying to see/to please fans. It hadn't been mentioned that a new version will be released so let's not all get our hopes up untill we know for deffinate. :p

made this
2ngahj7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind; it says this 1 of the articles.

Global toyco Bandai has appointed L.A.-based Sync Beatz Entertainment

as the exclusive US licensing agent and brand manager for its

hit virtual pet-themed Tamagotchi property and is set to launch

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. (Love is Fun Everywhere), a new range of lifestyle products.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a Tamagotchi, it's a line of merchandise and lifestyle products.

We know that Orandatchi, Were just hoping that maybe with all this extra stuff, it may lead to a new Tamagotchi being released. Maybe this is a test from Bandai to see if Tamagotchi is still popular before they spend money on releasing a new Tamagotchi.

I'm not all that excited about what these articles say Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. has to offer. At the same time, I won't be all that disappointed if they are not making a new toy. I wasn't very satisfied with anything released after the V4 in the U.S., but I'm happy that I was able to enjoy what Bandai had to offer. Getting my first Tamagotchi Connections led me to find out about the vintage Tamagotchis (and other digital pets), which I was able to enjoy. If I want to use a Tamagotchi, I know I already own a wide variety of them, and I can simply put in new batteries and use them. I know it's common for fans to want new versions of their favorite products to be released, but as we have seen, new isn't always better. Also,this still doesn't confirm that Bandai is giving up on making Tamagotchi toys, so for those of you who were looking forward to one, don't be too disappointed.

I'm going to start sending Bandai stuff about what I DO NOT like about Tamagotchi these days....they need a real dose of that.....I suggest you do that too :(

I'm not sure if that is the best idea!!

If you only received criticism from your so-called fans, would you really want to keep rewarding them with new stuff? I personally would just let them complain to themselves and be mad.

Instead of complaining, how about telling Bandai what you LIKE about Tamagotchi?

Hey, let's all keep in mind that these are all assumptions, meaning that we don't know for sure if they are not going to release a new tamagotchi. For all we know, a plan might be in the works and this is to reel people into the label to get them excited about it, so this way they'll want to buy the new Tamagotchi.

Also, people have been asking for a Tama based app, kind of like raising a real Tamagotchi on the iPhone or iPad. That might be in the works as well.

Let's all try to keep an open mind and not to jump to conclusions or think so negatively until the expo is over. The media can skimp or over dramatize things too. ;)

I do think that a Tamagotchi iPhone all would be good. I think as time is moving on, iPhone apps are becoming more popular.

They should still create new tamagotchi for the fans. We will just have to wait till next month and see what happens. :L

I wouldn't mind a Tamagotchi app as long as it is on Android also and not just the iPhone. I have a virtual pet app that I've had some fun with on my Android, and I think an official tamagotchi one would be fun. That said, I am not too keen on new forms of tamagotchi digital media. I had the original tamagotchi gameboy game, and I noticed they are considering some new video game releases. Tamagotchi only interests me as a virtual pet, not as other types of games, and even if they released a virtual pet game for a system like the Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita, I really would not prefer that to an actual tamagotchi toy. The great thing about the Tamagotchi toy is that it is very small and portable, and that it is on at all times, so it really is a pet that can go with you anywhere, that you have to take care of around the clock. I think that's fun, whereas if it was on a gaming system like the 3DS, first of all it's not nearly as portable due to size. Secondly, you couldn't leave it on all the time unless you wanted to keep the system docked or plugged in, so it isn't really as practical as an actual virtual pet toy, even if they make a virtual pet game. Even if it's on a cell phone, your battery isn't exactly going to permit around the clock play and monitoring without it being plugged in periodically.

Really, I'd just like to see a light up color version like the ID L come out in the US. I am really interested to try the ID L, but even though I am learning Japanese, I'd rather have an English version for ease of use.

Also, I noticed someone mentioned in an earlier topic that it may well be that this may mean Tamagotchi will be used in those silly retro nostalgia t-shirts you see at Wal-Mart and Target and every other place, where they stick some old retro thing on there and a stupid phrase or adult joke. I really, really hope that isn't where things are headed.

All I honestly care about is a new virtual pet toy. If it's just a bunch of little knick knacks and clothes and stuff, I really won't be spending my money on them. I wouldn't mind having one tamagotchi t-shirt, but that's about it. I have a suspicion they may end up only being children's sized clothing anyway.

GAAAHHH! OH MY CHEEEESSSSEEEEEE!!!!! HOORAAAYYY!!!!!! Okay.. wait one problem.. I hope their going to be in Canada too >.< If not, NOOOOOOO! But If there IS, this, is definetely what I am going to spend my savings on!!!!!

Maybe this is a test from Bandai to see if Tamagotchi is still popular before they spend money on releasing a new Tamagotchi.
Hey, let's all keep in mind that these are all assumptions, meaning that we don't know for sure if they are not going to release a new tamagotchi. For all we know, a plan might be in the works and this is to reel people into the label to get them excited about it, so this way they'll want to buy the new Tamagotchi.

Also, people have been asking for a Tama based app, kind of like raising a real Tamagotchi on the iPhone or iPad. That might be in the works as well.

Let's all try to keep an open mind and not to jump to conclusions or think so negatively until the expo is over. The media can skimp or over dramatize things too. ;)
I agree with both of you, this was exactly what I thought of once I read over the articles. (After jumping up and down and saying "Yay!".) Yes, it sounds like t-shirts, and keychains but, hey, wouldn't it be fun to have a Tamagotchi keychain that you didn't have to order from Japan? This does sound a bit like a test to see if us fans are still out there, and we are. Maybe if it's popular, a new Tamagotchi will come out!

This line could also be completely different than what we thought. We don't really know yet, because we'll have to wait for the expo. (And for Bandai to reply to my email. :p )

(Edit: Typo.)

THis cheered me up at first, but now I'm suspicious. When the articles made references to "apps and social media", I got skeptical. I don't have a tablet or a smartphone. I'm worried the prevalance of these new tech-toys will leave those of us who haven't been absorbed by the phenomenon in the dust.

As I looked in topics....Bandai said they would not release anything until the summer of 2013..(Well that's in the UK at least)

But, maybe things have changed now..we just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back